Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing betting thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Over 7.5 rounds in Usyk-Bellew @ 1/2

Dave Allen to win by KO/TKO @ 11/8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Morrison J wrote: »
    Over 7.5 rounds in Usyk-Bellew @ 1/2

Dave Allen to win by KO/TKO @ 11/8

Where you getting them odds on Dave Allen? That's insane value.

magma69 wrote: »
    Where you getting them odds on Dave Allen? That's insane value.

Coral got their pricing all wrong obviously because it's been pulled since. Think it's like 1/5 now.

DrWjlORW4AEz475.jpg

Small bet on Yordan to beat Crolla in rounds 7-12 @ 10/1.

Like the look of this Yordan and Crolla has looked a bit over the hill to me of late.

Kerman Lejarraga to win in Round 1-4 @ 6/5

• Advertisement

Kerman Lejarraga to win in Round 1-4 @ 6/5

Bit close for comfort that

Surprised by the odds myself but I did think Stevenson looked old against Badou Jack. I think it's more than likely Stevenson early or Gvozdyk late. Waiting on more markets to come out but might be tempted on betting the fight to not go the distance if there's any value on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

yeah, a little Stevenson by KO tenner might be the job. If he 6/4 to win then a stoppage should be around 5's I'd say, but most bookies havent opened the wider markets yet for the undercard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

yeah, a little Stevenson by KO tenner might be the job. If he 6/4 to win then a stoppage should be around 5's I'd say, but most bookies havent opened the wider markets yet for the undercard

Stevenson is 16/5 by ko/tko/dq on PP

On a different note, you can get 4/1 on Boschiero to beat MJ Ward in Italy tomorrow night. Seems a bit stretched for a home fighter. Is ward that good?

Yeah i'm taking that 16/5 on Stevenson KO. I think that's great value.

• Advertisement

Yeah i'm taking that 16/5 on Stevenson KO. I think that's great value.

I did a small double on the Stevenson KO/TKO/DQ along with Boschiero to beat Ward tonight.

I had a good look at the Ward and Boschiero records and there is nothing there to suggest Ward is levels above, they seem pretty evenly matched on paper. Given that it's the first ever bout for Matchroom Italy, Boschiero might get the home nod in a tight contest.

I did a small double on the Stevenson KO/TKO/DQ along with Boschiero to beat Ward tonight.

I had a good look at the Ward and Boschiero records and there is nothing there to suggest Ward is levels above, they seem pretty evenly matched on paper. Given that it's the first ever bout for Matchroom Italy, Boschiero might get the home nod in a tight contest.

Boschiero has mixed it at the higher level for sure alright. I haven't seen enough of him to have any feeling for it tbh. Ward is a decent boxer I think. Not sure Boschiero will have the dig to give him many problems but as you say the cards may favour him if its a close fight. Ward has zero value to Matchroom. Could be worth a punt.

Missed opportunity with Jeff Horn earlier. I really should've been on the KO. Made extremely easy work of it.

Ah well, close enough! Boschiero was worse than I thought ans Ward not up to much either.

Kell Brook to win in rounds 1-6 @ 5/6

Easy money. Where did you get those odds?

Ladbrokes. You can get 11/10 with SkyBet apparently.

Cheers. Rabchenko was more proven and better than this Aussie. Rabchenko also had the benefit of sparring Brook in the past and he didn't last at all.

I'd be shocked if Kell didn't get him out of there early. Zerafa's most notable fight he ended up getting stretchered out against Quilin in a mismatch.

Yeah Brook is a good finisher and doesn’t tend to carry fighters bellow his level (Saldivia, Dan, Gavin, Bizier, Rabchenko.) Would be surprised if Zerafa can survive past 6.

Anyone know anything about Jono Carroll's opponent?
    He's 46-1 but you can get 11/4 on him to beat Jono.

Not seen him but seems like the deal for Jono to fight Tevin Farmer in the States on DAZN is all sealed. Just looking at this guys BoxRec he obviously has no power. Carroll is as fit as they come so he's not going to tire out. Can't see Jono being outboxed to the extent that they can't find a way of giving it to him on the cards.

Also on Lomachenko in rounds 7-12 @7/4

Glad i didn't bet that now, would have been raging!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Also on Lomachenko in rounds 7-12 @7/4

Unlucky, shoulda had that one. Good shout.

pac_man wrote: »
    The method of victory prices aren't out yet but surely Mickey Garcia has gone a step too far fighting Errol Spence?

Think Mikey will look good early on but I can't imagine him lasting 12. Similar pattern to Brook-GGG I reckon with Mikey maybe taking it to the latter rounds before being stopped. The size difference is scary and will surely be too much.

The main fight I'm keeping an eye on is Pacquiao-Broner. Pacquiao is 1/2 outright. Holding out to back him on points which will surely be better than evens. I really struggle to see anything but Pacquiao points in that fight. Broner's chin is proven.

Do we think Fielding can go many rounds against Canelo?

Canelo in rounds 1-6 @ 6/5 has me tempted.

Fielding looks like a guy on holiday more than a guy gearing up for the biggest fight of his life to me. Reckon he could fold fairly easily. Just not sure how cautious Canelo will be given the size difference. Fielding really is awful like.

Anyone think Warrington is highly overpriced v Frampton? Frampton is favourite and rightly so, but not by as much as this, for me, I'd have the pair of them very close overall.

pac_man wrote: »
    I think he's priced correctly. I can't help but feel that Warrington's win over Selby should have an asterisk beside it. Selby was like a corpse at the weight and eventually got found out.

I think Warrington backers are banking on his workrate and Frampton tiring. I can see it as a similar fight to when Frampton fought Quigg with Warrington maybe picking up a few rounds towards the end but for me Frampton is just an all round better operator.

Speaking of overpriced, I don't think Matt Korobov should be 8/1.

My bet is Ryan Walsh to beat Reece Bellotti. It was evens yesterday, now 5/6.

Good points, I myself am of the mindset you're mentioning there, placing a lot of value on the Selby win. Perhaps I'm underrating Frampton and overrating Warrington in this.

Like Ryan Walsh myself. Money flying in on him down to 8/13 now. Think I've missed the boat there. Evens was a brilliant price.

I've two bets on so far.

Double: Frampton-Warrington to go the distance + Jermall Charlo to win bvia stoppage v Korobov. Works out at 11/8.

I really can't see how Frampton-Warrington doesn't go the distance. Neither have big power at featherweight. Both have proven chins.

Korobov has been fighting at 175 recently and is being brought down to 160 at short notice. He's 35 now. Should take a lot out of him. Been stopped before and is the perfect style matchup for Charlo I think. Would be shocked if Charlo doesn't stop him.

Rosales to stop Edwards in rounds 7-12 @ 16/5.

Only a small bet as think those odds are decent. Rosales seems like one of these guys who'll keep a consistent pace and grind guys down. Not sure Edwards will have the power to keep him off for 12 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,676 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I really can't see how Frampton-Warrington doesn't go the distance. Neither have big power at featherweight. Both have proven chins.

Seems the smart money, alright!

Feck it two more

Ryan Walsh on points @ 5/2

Martin Murray on points @ 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Took a double on Frampton points at 6/5 and Whyte points at 5/4. Think it pays out around 100 for a 20 bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Betway offering a special 5/1 Frampton stoppage. I know decision is more likely but that's why it's 5s. Anyone see value in a small punt?

Advertisement