Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Forward Faster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Wednesday
    4.1 miles easy / 7:35 average pace

Back was sore since Friday so gave it a couple of days rest, is it from the orthotics and the adjustment going on lower down? I don't know..time will tell I guess.

Almost got a nose bleed on this one I upped the mileage so much :pac: . Felt good 16 laps of the track..back was bit stiff at the end but it's grand now..will monitor it.

While going round and round I was thinking to myself: "Jeez, I'd love to be able to have a race soon!"

Patience..next big goal is 12 months away. For 2014 it's all about getting consistency up again...injury free...anything else is a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Dont be rushing back to soon, your young loads of years for racing. Only read there going back over your log that your leaving us, best of luck in the States. Shame wont be bumping into you at the odd race over next while.

tang1 wrote: »
    Dont be rushing back to soon, your young loads of years for racing. Only read there going back over your log that your leaving us, best of luck in the States. Shame wont be bumping into you at the odd race over next while.

Cheers tang, good point...will keep it slow and steady for a while. I know it's a pity alright, will miss the banter and meeting people on here at races!

Not such how much running I'm going to get in over the next couple of months as I have to sort a lot of things over. I've had it very convenient here for a couple of years, live very close to work, no traffic etc..so had ample time for running inmornings and evenings.

This will possibly change to a long commute over..so the running time window will reduce significantly..so while maybe not initially..once I get settled..I'll make it work! I'll do runs at ecoli 'o clock. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

blockic wrote: »
    Cheers tang, good point...will keep it slow and steady for a while. I know it's a pity alright, will miss the banter and meeting people on here at races!

Not such how much running I'm going to get in over the next couple of months as I have to sort a lot of things over. I've had it very convenient here for a couple of years, live very close to work, no traffic etc..so had ample time for running inmornings and evenings.

This will possibly change to a long commute over..so the running time window will reduce significantly..so while maybe not initially..once I get settled..I'll make it work! I'll do runs at ecoli 'o clock. ;)

What are the start/finish times and how long is the commute? Are you gonna live downtown and then head North out to the sticks to work?

belcarra wrote: »
    What are the start/finish times and how long is the commute? Are you gonna live downtown and then head North out to the sticks to work?

Yeah, exactly that...thinking at the moment is to live DT ish and commute out to work in the suburbs...at least I will be going the opposite direction to the crowds! Usual office hours..haven't located a place yet but the commute will be about an hour/ 1:15 I reckon e/w.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Yeah, exactly that...thinking at the moment is to live DT ish and commute out to work in the suburbs...at least I will be going the opposite direction to the crowds! Usual office hours..haven't located a place yet but the commute will be about an hour/ 1:15 I reckon e/w.

I was well impressed with the Northside during the marathon and then later when myself DoD and Yaboya went to a BellX1 gig in Lincoln Hall (Halsted St/Lincoln Ave). That's close enough to Lakeshore Drive & Lincoln Park too for your LSRs!
    Get an apt around there with a spare room and I'll be over for October!:pac:
    (If Berlin and Dublin aren't enough for me!)

belcarra wrote: »
    I was well impressed with the Northside during the marathon and then later when myself DoD and Yaboya went to a BellX1 gig in Lincoln Hall (Halsted St/Lincoln Ave). That's close enough to Lakeshore Drive & Lincoln Park too for your LSRs!
    Get an apt around there with a spare room and I'll be over for October!:pac:
    (If Berlin and Dublin aren't enough for me!)

Plan is Northside alright..possibly in around Division area.. Lincoln Park is sweet alright. Will be a bit of a pain during the week but worth it for the weekends I reckon!

I'll do runs at ecoli 'o clock. ;)

Had a 4am run yesterday myself, very liberating!! The training in the Windy City will be interesting in the winter, none to warm.

Time for a quick update. Truth be told I have not been up to much, but the good news is that its nothing to do with injury.

I didn't get out for the rest of Paddy's weekend due to family events so only managed 4 miles for that week. :(

Last week went as follows

Monday
    4 miles easy / 7:57 average pace

Brother had GAA training on paddy's evening so I done this run on grass around the pitch while I waited to collect him. Not exciting.

Friday
    5 miles easy / 7:58 average pace

Done this one in Kilkenny all on grass again last Friday evening. Didn't do anything until last Friday as I was struck down with a bit of a cold on Tuesday. Ran this as I thought I was over it bar a lingering sore throat. But this was a bad move. Was fine running but throat has been killing me since over the weekend and glands swollen. Couldn't talk Sunday or yesterday but getting better today. Will probably be a few days before I get out again to let it clear. No rush..

Was hoping to get the consistency back up again now but with me moving to the States next week I'll likely be up to ninety for the next few weeks sorting stuff out. I'll try and get out whenever I can.

Last Week Mileage Summary:

Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    4m|Rest|Rest|Rest|5m|Rest|Rest

Last Week Total|Month to Date|Year to Date
    9m|25.3m|66.3m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Best of luck with the move stateside J. Hope everything goes well for you in the non-running world as well as the running one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Last Week Mileage Summary:

Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    4m|Rest|Rest|Rest|5m|Rest|Rest
    Last Week Total|Month to Date|Year to Date
    9m|25.3m|66.3m

And you had the cheek to slag digger's mileage ;)

Best of luck with the move and thanks again for the offer of free accommodation, food and beer when I decide to run Chicago. You're sound for a langer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

TRR wrote: »
    And you had the cheek to slag digger's mileage ;)

Best of luck with the move and thanks again for the offer of free accommodation, food and beer when I decide to run Chicago. You're sound for a langer :)

You mean he didn't offer his sister to you??!!

(j, please don't say that your sister is very young)

Best of luck with the move!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Gavlor wrote: »
    You mean he didn't offer his sister to you??!!

(j, please don't say that your sister is very young)

Best of luck with the move!!

He's from Cork, she is already engaged to be married to their first cousin, as soon she finished the junior cert obviously ;)

Best of luck with your move J, keep us updated on the running scene when you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

All set for pints Friday? Was going to suggest going for a few miles together, if you want to double your mileage for the month?

All set for pints Friday? Was going to suggest going for a few miles together, if you want to double your mileage for the month?

Haha, don't think i'll be able for the miles, still struck down with a cold but I'll buzz ya if that changes!

On the other hand pints I can do, it's my new area of expertise! Gimme a shout when your out and about..

TRR wrote: »
    He's from Cork, she is already engaged to be married to their first cousin, as soon she finished the junior cert obviously ;)

***hole, that couch option for you is slipping away. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Haha, don't think i'll be able for the miles, still struck down with a cold but I'll buzz ya if that changes!

On the other hand pints I can do, it's my new area of expertise! Gimme a shout when your out and about..

I could do pints on Friday. Where are you planning on meeting up? I still owe you one since Christmas blockic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Best of luck with your move Blockic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Best of luck with the move Blocky, looking forward to hearing about your running adventures from the windy city :D

• Advertisement

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I could do pints on Friday. Where are you planning on meeting up? I still owe you one since Christmas blockic

RunForrestRun is coming down south, so unless your willing to travel outside of the Pale! ;) No worries on the pint. The fact that I cant remember it means it didn't happen :)
    Beef wrote: »
    Best of luck with your move Blockic.

Cheers Beef!
    Runchick wrote: »
    Best of luck with the move Blocky, looking forward to hearing about your running adventures from the windy city :D

Thanks Runchick! Hoping for the best for you in London and hope you enjoy it! Not sure what running adventures you are referring to though? my 9 miles a week? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

RunForrestRun is coming down south, so unless your willing to travel outside of the Pale! ;) No worries on the pint. The fact that I cant remember it means it didn't happen :)

Ah, ok. I thought you were both up in the Capital for the night.
    Unfortunately I'm working until 6pm, so a trip down South wouldn't really be practical.
    Best of luck with the move anyway. When are you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Best of luck with the move Blockic - hope it all goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Best of luck with the move Blockic - hope it all goes well for you.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

The very best of luck over there johnny. Looking forward to your more exotic strava activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Can't believe you're going through with the move and leaving us to pick up the CM pieces! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Echoing those comments - hope things go well for you in the US. Spent about 10 years there myself when I was a young lad like yourself so I know you will have a blast. :)

So just updating my monthly total from last month. Not great as I didn't get a chance to run the last couple of weeks as life was a bit manic. Thankfully the reason was not injury!

Hoping to pick things up big time in the next month or so.

Monthly Summary

Month|Runs|2013 Miles|Runs|2014 Miles
    January|22/31|174.2|8/31|39
    February|22/28|196.9|1/28|2
    March|24/31|216.1|7/31|25.3
    April|17/30|120.2||
    May|20/31|151.8||
    June|18/30|149.7||
    July|26/31|220.4||
    August|27/31|250.5||
    September|24/31|197.3||
    October|18/31|135.4||
    November|10/30|67.5||
    December|1/31|4||

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

You settling in nicely? Did immigration do a cavity search on you again?

Advertisement