Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cams, what to get and where to get it (Q&A only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Where did you get the "quote" from me?
    Nowhere in this thread or anywhere else did I say that.:confused::confused:

This is the "quote"...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82415615&postcount=12

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Where did you get the "quote" from me?
    Nowhere in this thread or anywhere else did I say that.:confused::confused:
    it was not you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

The link above is now showing the wrong cameras, so here is a new link to the dashcam I have;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITRONICS-ITB-100HD-FULL-HD-GPS-CAR-BLACKBOX-Digital-Video-Recorder-w-8GB-SD-/271141170987

To clear up any confusion for future readers of this thread, a lot of the links to dashcams that we've made to,say a listing on Ebay, time out after a few months, and sometimes when you click on them they will show a completely different camera.

For reference,here is a permanent link to the iTronics ITB-100HD that I already linked to in post #70 in this thread.
    They seem to be around €180 + €15 p+p at the minute on Ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I purchased the Mobius Actioncam last week, only took a week to arrive from China!

Have both a day and a night example video, but not sure which thread to put it in. This is "no videos", the other is for notable incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

would 300 euro get a daycent one with enough memory ect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Depending on what features you want, 60 euro would get you very good image quality in the Mobius dashcam + 32GB microSd card for around 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

rocky wrote: »
    Depending on what features you want, 60 euro would get you very good image quality in the Mobius dashcam + 32GB microSd card for around 20 euro.

thats good i thought they would be much dearer than that,i think they should be mandatory

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Tragedy wrote: »
    I purchased the Mobius Actioncam last week, only took a week to arrive from China!

Have both a day and a night example video, but not sure which thread to put it in. This is "no videos", the other is for notable incidents.

I reckon you should post it here as the videos are pertaining to the quality of the cam itself and not a particular incident on the road.

where would you get it in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

ebay, links in this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

From the bargain alerts thread.........

http://www.buyincoins.com/item/34978.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

What's wrong with it, that's really cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Shane_ef wrote: »
    What's wrong with it, that's really cheap

Misprice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Buy Buy Buy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

all the orders got cancelled, but we all got a 6% discount code for the cancelled orders, so all in all, not bad. :)

I reckon you should post it here as the videos are pertaining to the quality of the cam itself and not a particular incident on the road.
    got one too the other day and i'm impressed so far, although i do sometimes get some noise one the audio.

i'm not going to embed the video, but the link to me having an ol' drive around blanch is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ3j8fruA4s

don't forget to change it to 1080p for the full detail. the slightly blue hue is down to the HDR setting (which can be turned off) on the camera which (afaik) improves the overall exposure when there is a mixture of light and dark areas on screen.

vibe666 wrote: »
    got one too the other day and i'm impressed so far, although i do sometimes get some noise one the audio.

i'm not going to embed the video, but the link to me having an ol' drive around blanch is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ3j8fruA4s

don't forget to change it to 1080p for the full detail. the slightly blue hue is down to the HDR setting (which can be turned off) on the camera which (afaik) improves the overall exposure when there is a mixture of light and dark areas on screen.
    pretty good. is this it
    http://joovuu.com/store/index.php?id_product=14&controller=product
    where did you buy it?
    Would it pick up conversation too as with the radio?

alyssum wrote: »
    pretty good. is this it
    http://joovuu.com/store/index.php?id_product=14&controller=product
    where did you buy it?
    Would it pick up conversation too as with the radio?
    yep, and they are an authorised reseller too, so should be no issues with them (hopefully). :)

more info here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170905&postcount=2

EDIT: and yes, conversations come out perfectly clearly.

yep, and they are an authorised reseller too, so should be no issues with them (hopefully). :)

more info here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170905&postcount=2

EDIT: and yes, conversations come out perfectly clearly.
    can you prevent conversations coming out? turn off mike?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just wondering about these dash cams- is the footage from them admissible in a court of law ? If not then what is the point of them, like if a judge won't accept the footage as evidence in a dispute then what purpose do they serve ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just wondering about these dash cams- is the footage from them admissible in a court of law ? If not then what is the point of them, like if a judge won't accept the footage as evidence in a dispute then what purpose do they serve ?

There was one successful dangerous driving prosecution in the UK recently, based on dashcam footage.

I'm sure they are very handy in the event of an accident and subsequent insurance claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

He obviously held his hands up when the cops knocked - if he denied he was driving it likely they could do F all about it.

can you prevent conversations coming out? turn off mike?
    yep. :)

i'd be inclined to keep it on though, you can always remove the sound afterwards when you copy it off the camera.

i'm thinking of a situation where someone (road rage, self important garda etc.) says something to you that you want to keep. you'll be kicking yourself afterwards if you've turned off the sound and have no way of proving it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got one here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151071891306

Also got the windscreen suction cup holder

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181166005622

and a 16GB Micro SD card from mymemory.

Ordered on Monday, now waiting...

Think i'm gona order one of these to replace my burned out smartcam.

yep. :)

i'd be inclined to keep it on though, you can always remove the sound afterwards when you copy it off the camera.

i'm thinking of a situation where someone (road rage, self important garda etc.) says something to you that you want to keep. you'll be kicking yourself afterwards if you've turned off the sound and have no way of proving it.
    Did you get charged by customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

kceire wrote: »
    Think i'm gona order one of these to replace my burned out smartcam.
    same seller i got mine off, official reseller of the mobius cam, the single package with 4 items enclosed (cam, extended cable, suction mount, cig to usb adapter etc.) arrived within 10 days of order and they were exceptionally good to deal with and even threw in the combo A/V out and USB power cables for free.

i had a couple of requests via email and they were very friendly and only too pleased to help, so i highly recommend them.
    Did you get charged by customs?
    nope, even though i forgot to do the NI address for parcel motel, it still didn't get caught, but i'd say that was pot luck more than anything.

either way, it's definitely the cam to get, the user community is very active and there's already lots of mods for them for use in radio controlled model aircraft etc. and the manufacturer is very open to the community, to the point that one of the online reviewers suggested a change to the design for people using it as a dashcam and it was included in the final product.

they are also bringing out new firmwares very regularly to fix any issues people encounter and add new features. it's basically the raspberry pi of the mini hd cam world. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

same seller i got mine off, official reseller of the mobius cam, the single package with 4 items enclosed (cam, extended cable, suction mount, cig to usb adapter etc.) arrived within 10 days of order and they were exceptionally good to deal with and even threw in the combo A/V out and USB power cables for free.

i had a couple of requests via email and they were very friendly and only too pleased to help, so i highly recommend them.

nope, even though i forgot to do the NI address for parcel motel, it still didn't get caught, but i'd say that was pot luck more than anything.

either way, it's definitely the cam to get, the user community is very active and there's already lots of mods for them for use in radio controlled model aircraft etc. and the manufacturer is very open to the community, to the point that one of the online reviewers suggested a change to the design for people using it as a dashcam and it was included in the final product.

they are also bringing out new firmwares very regularly to fix any issues people encounter and add new features. it's basically the raspberry pi of the mini hd cam world. :D

cheers man, im going away for 10 days next Saturday so dont want to order now for it to arrive while away and then risk it being sent back to sender, so will order when i get home.

• Advertisement

why use parcel motel?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement