Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

aweqvc.jpg

it'd never work clamping him. he's too lazy to walk to the door never mind pick up the phone, he'd just drive away with the clamp attached. "if i can't see it, its not happening"

Is the kerb lowered by the hatched bit for wheelchair access?
    If so I'd point that out to the fat f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Indeed, if he's blocking the access to the lip to enable those in a wheelchair access to the building then I'd be pointing it out to Mr Tubby McFatFcuk. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

166man wrote: »
    Indeed, if he's blocking the access to the lip to enable those in a wheelchair access to the building then I'd be pointing it out to Mr Tubby McFatFcuk. :)
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Is the kerb lowered by the hatched bit for wheelchair access?
    If so I'd point that out to the fat f**k.

Ah jaysus lads what's with the obesity hatred? Are yis perfect?

On another note, can I point out that this is possibly the first ever time I've seen the two of you agree on something?

I'm off now to research diets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Stheno wrote: »
    On another note, can I point out that this is possibly the first ever time I've seen the two of you agree on something?

It's actually the second time this week...

25597594.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's actually the second time this week...

No way.

Something is wrong, next we'll all be driving Dacias :eek:

Ah jaysus lads what's with the obesity hatred? Are yis perfect?

Toyotafanboi mentioned the inconsiderate parker was a fat bastard IIRC, I'm 16 stone myself.

166man agrees with all my posts deep down :)

Toyotafanboi mentioned the inconsiderate parker was a fat bastard IIRC, I'm 16 stone myself.

166man agrees with all my posts deep down :)

16 stone??? You are nearly twice me!

Are you like eight foot or something oh Adonis?

Admit it, 166man is your sockpuppet

im not sure if irony is the right word for it.

where an extremely fat man will park in a disabled access area, when there are perfectly good empty parking spaces to the left and right of it, to reduce his journey to the door by mere centimeters. it genuinely is a disgrace.

i mean, maybe if he chose to park in a normal space like the rest of us and ****ing walk to the door he might not be so fat. its just incredibly rude.

indeed nobody is perfect, but i think the root cause of this guys "fatness" could be laziness.

12 stone myself :) myself and the missus are doing operation transformation.

16 stone??? You are nearly twice me!

Are you like eight foot or something oh Adonis?

Admit it, 166man is your sockpuppet

5 10

where an extremely fat man will park in a disabled access area, when there are perfectly good empty parking spaces to the left and right of it, to reduce his journey to the door by mere centimeters. it genuinely is a disgrace.

i mean, maybe if he chose to park in a normal space like the rest of us and ****ing walk to the door he might not be so fat. its just incredibly rude.

indeed nobody is perfect, but i think the root cause of this guys "fatness" could be laziness.

Ye on tv?

• Advertisement

I agree with you to be honest, if the guy doesn't have mobility issues there is absolutely no excuse for it

It's pure ignorance on his part.

And the likes of him will never do Operation Transformation.

Ye on tv?

no :pac: as in following the diet food plans they offer week on week and trying to keep up with the contestants.

the missus is big into it which is no bad thing for me :p and i'm kind of enjoying eating right, its not all as bad as it seems :) that said, if she wasn't doing it, i sure as hell wouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It has been exactly one year to the day that the almighty Rammstein graced our shores and played in the O2. It was a day that will remain with me forever as being a highlight of my life. The nostalgia is immense!

Zu der Stein.....prost!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Feck I thought I'd stumbled into diets and weight loss :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Aren't they goat raping German band that featured briefly on a matrix soundtrack MM?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

An Auris doesn't picture well so when trying to sell one you'd imagine you would place it somewhere that would make it look it's best. Not next to something that makes it look even worse.

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

At least the "jazzy" alloys are shown without a chopper in the background.

Linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

MugMugs wrote: »
    Aren't they goat raping German band that featured briefly on a matrix soundtrack MM?

Yup.

In other news, the gf is looking for a job that may require a car, finally a legitimate excuse to buy a car for myself! Has to be something that will take away the Corsa shame... and be auto. GS300 anyone?

Confab wrote: »
    Yup.

In other news, the gf is looking for a job that may require a car, finally a legitimate excuse to buy a car for myself! Has to be something that will take away the Corsa shame... and be auto. GS300 anyone?

I'm sure done deal will:pac:

.........GS300 anyone?

You're happy to tax one of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You're happy to tax one of them?

Tax won't be a problem - the gf owes me money. Well, it won't be a problem for a year. After that I'll probably sell it on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Dunno who else availed of the bargain Halfords own brand fully synth oil a while back, but it is keeping two engines running very smoothly here. No ticking, tacking or clatter on start up even on the -4degC mornings. Both engines over 10years old, 90k and 130k miles on them. One was prone to some kinda hydraulic valve related noise on start up but is much better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

the gf owes me money.
    Don't they always...
    Let us know if you ever see it! :p

Tax won't be a problem - the gf owes me money. Well, it won't be a problem for a year. After that I'll probably sell it on.

dont know where you are in the country, but i'd say you'd take this for €400 or so, its been advertised a long time. that'd mean taxing it wouldn't hurt so much.

i'd say a day or two with Mr. Auto Glym in hand would turn this into a new car.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4449509

No harm posting this in here I assume?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056889523

It's still going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

No harm posting this in here I assume?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056889523

It's still going on...

They should probably stick to cars.... can't say I think any of those watches look great tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Trying to write an ad for this Peugeot is a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Put in a new head unit in the bros Astra g a while back, says to me the other day it's not holding the memory of the radio stations etc so i swapped the red yellow wires around as per usual, all working fine for about 30seconds, it was saving the station I selected no problem, then poof, both the hu display and the cars display went.mscratched my head, thought it was maybe a loose connector as it was popping on and off when I pressed down on one of the connectors. Tightened the connectors with the pliers, nothing. So I said I'd cut the connectors off and rewire it so I'd know the connections were good. Rewired yellow to yellow , red to red, all was working fine. So I swapped them back, nothing again. Now I have it back yellow to yellow etc but still no display. The hu makes a noise when you turn on ignition, same noise it makes when loading a cd but no display on that or the cars display?
    Any ideas guys? Never had this problem on other 2astras I've done this on

Anyone for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Anyone for this?

Is it possible that you wired the radios main power line to the switched live connection? Did you confirm with a multimeter that the wires were correct? The switched live is meant to be used as a signal line only so bad things could happen if you tried to power the entire radio from it. Chances are the same signal line could be used for the cars own screen?

The radio making a buzzing noise might be due to it not being able to draw enough current to start up. Have a look on top of the radio too to make sure the radios own loom uses the colours you think it does for the various connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Parts for the 156 arrived today on time and safely. A truly excellent service they provide tbh. Everything is an OEM part so happy out. If any of ye are buying or will be buying parts in the future, I'd highly recommend the Alfa Workshop in the UK.

Delighted. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement