Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C348715

38,000 miles a year! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

CianRyan wrote: »
    Edit: I tell her it all the time, it's an on going battle. To make it worse, she doesn't drink an likes to drive when we go out. Not fair!
    Not that I go out a lot anyway.

Dude, you're what, 20?

She's unlikely gonna be the love of your life, you'll probably go through a dozen more before you settle down. Put your foot down now before you end up being whipped for life! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Dude, you're what, 20?

She's unlikely gonna be the love of your life, you'll probably go through a dozen more before you settle down. Put your foot down now before you end up being whipped for life! ;)

You old romantic you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Pah!

The Legacy Estate I used during the Snow a couple of weeks ago was replaced by a new car, 3 days before it turned 2 years old.

Arrived back to us with 155,456km on the clock. That's just over 48,000 Miles per annum, and the next car will come back the same in 2 years time.

Would be much easier to cover that sort of mileage in the UK than it is here, due to the larger Motorway network. The Leggy really felt like it had done nearly 100,000 miles........

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

IK09 wrote: »
    What about this 1

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4519675

Looks ok to me. also hes looking for a quick sale might drive the price down. 150bhp aswell

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4345257

I had that last year, a friend of mine (Top notch mechanic) had it before me. Properly serviced, swirls flaps done etc. It's also spotlessly clean (Was last year anyway).

A fella down the road from me bought it. He only gave me 3,400 so I'm sure there's a bit of bargaining room, but that's a genuine 320d.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Jimdagym wrote: »

You old romantic you.

I speak the truth though! ;)

Cian, get her driving lessons for Valentine's. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4345257

I had that last year, a friend of mine (Top notch mechanic) had it before me. Properly serviced, swirls flaps done etc. It's also spotlessly clean (Was last year anyway).

A fella down the road from me bought it. He only gave me 3,400 so I'm sure there's a bit of bargaining room, but that's a genuine 320d.

Nice one, I might take a look at it at the weekend. Beautiful car. Not too sure about the colour!

I went to see this one yesterday
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4477071

No joke, biggest waste of time i ever spent looking at a car, engine seems to be in great condition....but the body work....i didnt even test drive it the body was so bad. Huge dents all over the boot and back bumper, the front passenger wing was crumpled beyond belief.

He said it was a wall that did it, theres no way a wall crumpled it like that.

Didnt want to insult the guy, but he kept sayin to take a test drive. He said he'd have it all fixed up next week. I wouldnt have offer 1500 for it tbh.

Complete waste of time.

Bad buzz Cian, that was more than likely an artic, look at the damage. With your car parked that would take a good bit of force, or something really heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Yeah, looking at the damage on the car it would have been a hard enough knock to do that much damage. Did the car move or anything?

Had similar happen to myself when I was parked up last week nothing as bad as that and I thought my damage was a hard hit from the way the car jumped on the CCTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Cian, get her driving lessons for Valentine's. :)

If his previously posted pic is anything to go by, I think he has done so already :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If his previously posted pic is anything to go by, I think he has done so already :D

She already drives he said earlier
    To make it worse, she doesn't drink an likes to drive when we go out. Not fair!
    Not that I go out a lot anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

My point exactly (kind of) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Got a fairly big crash on dashcam this morning, happened right in front of me waiting at lights in Dundalk, airbags deployed etc. No one was hurt though, will stick it up later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Got a fairly big crash on dashcam this morning, happened right in front of me waiting at lights in Dundalk, airbags deployed etc. No one was hurt though, will stick it up later on.

Avenue Road roundabout?

Nope, junction there at Franks Furniture. I was right at the front of the queue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

I got the witness dash cam for my iPhone, great little yoke. Not too good at night in the rain but, superb during the day.

And only 89c, pure value

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Just got a quote on that MX-5, eh...
    mwqgwk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

^
    Do it :D

I've to see how much work my car needs first, I've got the wing for free so that's a load off.
    Really I think I'll be sticking with the Almera but well if I don't, not too bad! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Just got a quote on that MX-5, eh...

That on the provisional?

Dropped the van in to get tracking done and two new front tyres. Whatever muck savage last done it set the tracking with the wheel at 11 o'clock. It will be nice to have it centred again but feels weird knowing someone else is putting a spanner to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I've to see how much work my car needs first, I've got the wing for free so that's a load off.
    Really I think I'll be sticking with the Almera but well if I don't, not too bad! :pac:

well unless you grow a pair of balls suddenly, you won't be driving the Mazda anytime soon. :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah on the provisional, and fúck ya! I'll drive what I like! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yeah on the provisional, and fúck ya! I'll drive what I like! :pac:

You'll get money off that quote if you pass the test :)

I'll not say anything about the second half of that sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Couldn't get a quote on an mx5 either!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well unless you grow a pair of balls suddenly, you won't be driving the Mazda anytime soon. :pac:

Not just balls, he needs a few hairs on those bad boys too! :pac:

Neuticles, that's what he needs :)

Crash earlier today in Dundalk.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I couldn't get a quote on a mx5 either. That's a great price. Must try again.

Hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

That motor was fairly moving.

Silly tool in the Fiesta.

Everybody okay ?

Aye, she just followed the van without looking. Everyone was grand.

• Advertisement

Mad that the lot of you can't get quoted.
    That's with Xs Direct, worth a shot.

This isn't a car ad but any tips all the same?
    Click.

The youtube video is uploading ATM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement