Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I just did up a quote for an MX5 - €437.66 fully comp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

:(

Just a few more years...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OSI wrote: »
    That's only because they know you're too old to drive it anywhere but Mass. :pac:

and he'd spend more time cleaning it than driving it :pac:

OSI wrote: »
    That's only because they know you're too old to drive it anywhere but Mass. :pac:

Jealous much??? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Aye, she just followed the van without looking. Everyone was grand.
    Be sore in the morning I'd say, not necessarily "OMG I'll never work again, not that I ever have" kinda sore, but wrists, shoulders etc will know about it. Silly stuff. As mugmugs said, the other car was moving alright, considering.

Is the audio lagging the visual a lot in that video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I just found this site cars for under £500. I've been looking through it for the past hour, and can't stop :D. Some nice looking motors, lemon or not I'm sure there would be some. Anyway enjoy: http://carsunder500.co.uk/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

CianRyan wrote: »
    Mad that the lot of you can't get quoted.
    That's with Xs Direct, worth a shot.

You mean the same XSDirect with €3000 excess? It's not worth having insurance you can't use, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You mean the same XSDirect with €3000 excess? It's not worth having insurance you can't use, imo
    Never saw the point either. Surely you're just better off with third party?

Suppose a comp policy may satisfy finance companies!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

langdang wrote: »
    Be sore in the morning I'd say, not necessarily "OMG I'll never work again, not that I ever have" kinda sore, but wrists, shoulders etc will know about it. Silly stuff. As mugmugs said, the other car was moving alright, considering.

Is the audio lagging the visual a lot in that video?

Indeed, seems to be a good few seconds behind when I rendered it, not sure why it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

The 3k excess is for situations you are out of pocket though your own fault/liability, its still legally full insurance for people that couldnt get insured elsewhere. Also they have variable excess amounts pending how much you pay (from 1 to 4k IMO).

If you caused 40k worth of damage, that 1-4k excess doesnt look so bad, compared to 3rd party only. Without XS Direct I wouldnt have had half the cars I did, you start with them then grow into proper/normal insurers.

• Advertisement

I put in a voluntary excess of €200 but I presume it's massive in the full details.

Got a free front wing! :D
    Just after the lights now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

has to be up there for worst car ad ever http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4553504

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

has to be up there for worst car ad ever http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4553504
    very clean car...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think someone needs a dictionary with the word "Clean" open

Just noticed Kbannon is now completely demodded. Any plans to return? Sorry to see him step down. Haven't seen him post in a while mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

was thinking of doing Drive 4 Charity this year, just as a bitof a notion i had taken. thought you could sign up, get sponsored and rock up on the day/ weekend in question and drive along.

300 quid up front reg fees and minimum sponsorship of 600 and if you fail to make those figures, you're out, you cant come along and the money you gave up to that point is gone also. thats me out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MugMugs wrote: »
    Just noticed Kbannon is now completely demodded. Any plans to return? Sorry to see him step down. Haven't seen him post in a while mind.

Yeah none of us have seen him in a long while too. He was removed as a mod just in case he was getting PMs from people who thought he wasn't responding. He's welcome back any time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Was having some 'quality time' with the woman this morning being the day that's in it. When things started to heat up I released the brakes and the 'piston' really started to pump away. Just then I shouted 'V-tech just kicked in yo!' - she didn't get it though.

Happy Valentines Day y'all! :)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Was having some 'quality time' with the woman this morning being the day that's in it. When things started to heat up I released the brakes and the 'piston' really started to pump away. Just then I shouted 'V-tech just kicked in yo!' - she didn't get it though.

Happy Valentines Day y'all! :)

I got up earlier than I had to and drove to the office and sat at my desk all earlier than I had to just to give you this valentines tumbleweed
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShJjYzc_rSOUKD1B3MIE6uL9I_SPBiB0uatDn3-q1Qc3rmQfWqww

I think someone needs a dictionary with the word "Clean" open
    I'm picturing MM appearing in a flash of light and smoke and waterboarding him in a sudsy bucket...

• Advertisement

langdang wrote: »
    I'm picturing MM appearing in a flash of light and smoke and waterboarding him in a sudsy bucket...

Is this your Valentines day present to yourself?? :P

Is this your Valentines day present to yourself?? :P
    Yikes :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Soooo... I had to get up at 6. So naturally the alarm didn't wake me and I woke at 11.... :(

On the plus side, calm and dry out :) if it stays like this I can get some cars cleaned :D

Oh and happy forced affection, flower murdering and marketing day everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

howya lads. just lookin for a bit of help. Im looking at buying a gen 7 Toyota celica. Any views good or bad on them? Main thing im worried about is if its hard on juice?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

thanks for that...they dont seem over thirsty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

dgt wrote: »
    Soooo... I had to get up at 6. So naturally the alarm didn't wake me and I woke at 11.... :(

I did that yesterday with three alarms set :eek: Right pain

I'm starting to miss my car. Not liking this whole public transport to work buzz :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Sitting in my car munching on a beef roll; merc estate pulls across and goes to reverse into the space in front of me. Looks tight, he flips it into reverse and I hear a roar - 6.3 AMG - and he manages it in one. Perfectly non descript 50 year old bald guy with a savage car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

That's it - no more excuses, the car is being cleaned with weekend and I'm actually going to fit that damn rear window regulator so it works!

I'm now thinking even if I don't put my car to rest... I might still buy an MX-5, wait 'till I get my full licence and switch my policy.
    Some one tell me why this is a bad idea.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm now thinking even if I don't put my car to rest... I might still buy an MX-5, wait 'till I get my full licence and switch my policy.
    Some one tell me why this is a bad idea.

Give us a broader pic of that hit Cian. I'm fascinated about what hit her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement