Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

dgt wrote: »
    Welcome to my world!

Thats one of the better bits of the road:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ah, the threat of violence, the best way to get results.

on a happier note, think i just struck a deal on a TRD Nardi wheel for the glanza, very pleased :)

8wf811.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The size of my wheel has been pudding me off lately.
    It's not adjustable and it's pretty big, no room for moving my legs about.
    As much as I'd like something smaller, there's no point really, is there? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any car websites doing an email alert service? Constantly checking is starting to get boring

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

CianRyan wrote: »

generally i think changing to a non OEM wheel anyway is pretty ghey, most of them are hideous. but if you found a smaller OEM wheel, then why not, one from a micra or something perhaps?

i'm only making the switch so i can use my new snap off hub :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

CianRyan wrote: »

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

pred racer wrote: »
    Got my car washed at the local garage, I told the lad to do a decent job or id be back to talk to him.
    Car looked like a fcukin zebra when it dried:eek: ill be having some sweet and loving words with him later, including a reminder that my car has 4 bloody wheels:mad:

:(

Your car appears to have a handle sticking out of the bonnet. I think you might have bought the Baby Pull-Along 159 by accident...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

But now I have to drive through this to get out of my house

:(

Hahahha I've a trench of a pothole outside my house. You've to stop to drive around it.

Yeah most aftermarket wheels look very Pimp My Ride, not cool. Unless its a deep dish OMP or MOMO wheel.
    I'll have to look about a Micra wheels or the likes though, never came to mind to try that.

Have to get the measuring tape out and head to a scrappies. :)

MM: Prick! :p You're probably right though. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

@Pred, let me know if you ever want to downsize to a set of Alfa 16's or are selling them. Those wheels look ace! :)

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »

God I hated the steering wheel in the Micra.

Yeah?
    Hmm, might look elsewhere.
    100NX or similar might have something.

Confab wrote: »
    Your car appears to have a handle sticking out of the bonnet. I think you might have bought the Baby Pull-Along 159 by accident...

You mean thats not supposed to be there :eek:

166man wrote: »
    @Pred, let me know if you ever want to downsize to a set of Alfa 16's or are selling them. Those wheels look ace! :)

If I am I will, but I doubt it, I really like em;)

I cant imagine it would look great with 16s tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

You might need to buy a 159 to go along with them!

The 159 is 5x110 vs the 5x98 of the 156.

You mean thats not supposed to be there :eek:

If I am I will, but I doubt it, I really like em;)

I cant imagine it would look great with 16s tbh

The 16's aren't too bad, very comfortable but I like em for the same reason you do! Regardless let me.know if you sell the car anyway!
    Redisle wrote: »
    You might need to buy a 159 to go along with them!

The 159 is 5x110 vs the 5x98 of the 156.

ah the wheels would be for the fathers 159 or the mothers Spider. Alfa fanboi you see? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah, the threat of violence, the best way to get results.

on a happier note, think i just struck a deal on a TRD Nardi wheel for the glanza, very pleased :)

8wf811.jpg

That's class, what are the options for a yaris wheel, the leather one in the Luna is nice, is there any other airbag wheel options from the vitz that might work?

The 16's aren't too bad, very comfortable but I like em for the same reason you do! Regardless let me.know if you sell the car anyway!

ah the wheels would be for the fathers 159 or the mothers Spider. Alfa fanboi you see? ;)

No problem, if and when I sell it I'll give you first shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

This looks a lot like Matt Simis' E34

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just found this pic of the nardi wheel in my last fto
    Was such a nice wheel to drive with
    imagecxp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

My old Impy used to have a Nardi wheel too. I shouldn't have let it go with the car!

NardiWheelIMG_0132.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Confab wrote: »

That's one of the extras on an alfa.

It's so when you break down the towing rope can be more easily affixed, rather than trying to find where it is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Vrt'd the fabia today. Now to start fitting a few bits. First off my pioneer avic unit
    DSC_0092_zps69604363.jpg
    DSC_0095_zpse06f63b4.jpg

Previous owner had this stick on trim on the vents and center console. Its not to my taste so I plan to strip it all off. Pity it wasnt gloss black!
    DSC_0094_zps4288f747.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Had a road rage incident on the way home, idiot pulled out in front of me from a yield junction and when I gave him a decent beep and a WTF towards him as i had to jam into a dead stop he went apoplectic with me, roaring and shouting something at me.
    After the week I've had this was the last thing i needed, so roared back yield sign d1ckhead, and he turns and roars back "yeah, so next time your let me out in front of your sh1tbox" to that type of reply there is no answer.

(to the high horses he stopped to yell at me blocking the junction for me)
    Oh south county dublin you just anger me sometimes.

In other news all you cat lovers turn away:
    I will be strangling the cats that live in our estate soon, i've a slightly scratched bonnet now, cheers.

So over all being a great monday!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is it worth transferring my insurance whilst I can't drive?

even for a month?

Anyone done it?

Stheno wrote: »

That's one of the extras on an alfa.

It's so when you break down the towing rope can be more easily affixed, rather than trying to find where it is :D

Haven't seen you much on here recently, you didn't make it to the meet did you?

Haven't seen you much on here recently, you didn't make it to the meet did you?

Nah didn't hit Portlaoise that day till 5pm :(

Been up to my ears with college assignments (end of semester) and work, so crashing a lot.

Nah didn't hit Portlaoise that day till 5pm :(

Been up to my ears with college assignments (end of semester) and work, so crashing a lot.

Ah Roysh, we did have an Alfa corner though with 3 156's that successfully made it back to their respective counties as per pics on the meet thread.

Goddamn assignments...:o

Ah Roysh, we did have an Alfa corner though with 3 156's that successfully made it back to their respective counties as per pics on the meet thread.

Goddamn assignments...:o

Goddamn fulltime work and Masters!!!! 3 semesters to go!

I wouldn't have been there in the alfa anyway :)

15,000th post wooohoooo

Goddamn fulltime work and Masters!!!! 3 semesters to go!

I wouldn't have been there in the alfa anyway :)

15,000th post wooohoooo

I'm full time education and part time work. I find it tough, I'd say yours is on a woke new level, still though chin up and all that! :D

I was looking for a C5 alright but didn't see one, I left just after 4pm as it began to rain!

I'm full time education and part time work. I find it tough, I'd say yours is on a woke new level, still though chin up and all that! :D

I was looking for a C5 alright but didn't see one, I left just after 4pm as it began to rain!

Mine's ok to be honest, just cut back on extra work stuff, and I'm very familiar with all of my masters subjects. Finished first semester and on track for a 2.1 so happy enough with that as referencing was my bete noir :) Have four work exams this next month though :rolleyes:

Yeah I just slept like the dead that day and as I've not been sleeping well, OH left me be, in fairness it was the right thing for him to do.

Had a lovely dinner out with my mam though, so all was not lost :)

• Advertisement

Is it worth transferring my insurance whilst I can't drive?

even for a month?

Anyone done it?

You can freeze/suspend(/whatever it's known as :pac: ) it, so you've no cover, when you reactivate it the time it was switched off for is effectively unused, so freeze it for a month and it goes a month beyonf your disc. Presume they send a new disc so there may be an admin charge depending who you are with.

I did it years ago when I got a company car as I wasn't sure what I was doing with my car etc, sold the car a few months after so just got a refund on the insurance than.

Back to steering wheels, there was a nice one in the Celica I had... nice TRD gear shifter too :)

2007_0414celica0002.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement