Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

MugMugs wrote: »
    Give us a broader pic of that hit Cian. I'm fascinated about what hit her.

Here's the only other picture I have.
    It's in the garage for repairs now so I can't get another, I think it was something along the lines of the bars on the back of this.

Didn't notice any movement from where I left the car but the side lamp was about 3 foot from the car.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm now thinking even if I don't put my car to rest... I might still buy an MX-5, wait 'till I get my full licence and switch my policy.
    Some one tell me why this is a bad idea.

Have you cleared this with she who must be obeyed?

Stheno wrote: »
    Have you cleared this with she who must be obeyed?

I don't need to, sure I never told her when I forked out the money for my insurance, or bough the Almera... Even though it was off her dad. :D

It's my mam that'll be complaining about it, she said she doesn't want the front garden turning into a scrap yard. She likes Mazdas though, so it should be alright. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

theres actually very few mx5s for sale on donedeal at the moment. half as many as there was about 2months ago

And even less for what I want to spend.
    Once I get my amp sold I'll be saving for a couple(or more) of months so I'll have about €1300-€1500 to spend.

I can live without an amp for a while, I usually just play my acoustic these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Personally and in no way meant to be offensive, I'd be clearing the job issue before considering a new motor especially one as potentially financially demanding as an MX5.

Oh that's always on the forefront, it is a lot of trouble even getting an interview though and I don't really want to put my life on hold 'till I can find my next job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I'm now thinking even if I don't put my car to rest... I might still buy an MX-5, wait 'till I get my full licence and switch my policy.
    Some one tell me why this is a bad idea.

Cian I could be way out but what about an mgf convertible. I prefer them to the mx5 and they are so much cheaper. We had one for 3 years as a weekend car and never caused us any trouble sold it nearly 2 years ago at this stage. The 1.8vvc is the engine to get. 145bhp rwd or even better a 160bhp trophy. The only trouble they gave was head gasket but once it was done once you have no trouble so just look at cars that have had the head gasket done. You may hate the car just said I'd suggest it. They are quick enough too when driven on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bpmull wrote: »
    Cian I could be way out but what about an mgf convertible. I prefer them to the mx5 and they are so much cheaper. We had one for 3 years as a weekend car and never caused us any trouble sold it nearly 2 years ago at this stage. The 1.8vvc is the engine to get. 145bhp rwd or even better a 160bhp trophy. The only trouble they gave was head gasket but once it was done once you have no trouble so just look at cars that have had the head gasket done. You may hate the car just said I'd suggest it. They are quick enough too when driven on.

Get out! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

theres actually very few mx5s for sale on donedeal at the moment. half as many as there was about 2months ago

Demand will only increase in the next few months aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Get out! :pac:

They're actually nice little cars, and they can be picked up cheap enough.

There was a 02 facelift in the bangernomics thread for under €1500 with a brand new NCT not so long ago, probably gone now though

There was a 02 facelift in the bangernomics thread for under €1500 with a brand new NCT not so long ago, probably gone now though

The face lift tf is a nicer one I didn't know they could be got that cheap now. At the time we got 1700 euro for are 1998 but it only had 48k miles and was mint British racing green always left in our garage too. Very fun to drive there not slow either. I wouldn't buy one with a 1.6 engine though alot slower and takes the fun out of driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well those are good as bangornomics, ill give you that. though if i would be looking for manly, hairy chested, butch :pac: roadster i would go for mx5. Do it properly or dont do it at all.

I wish my one would still be in great condition. Unfortunately body got completely destroyed in a car park where misses parks her car at work. I just stoped counting dents and bruizes. not upsetting myself anymore :(

DD6D8170-DFC8-4E7F-B3CC-764256754ECC-8551-00001497E612E76C.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Don't get me wrong, if I had a choice between an MGF and an MX5 I'd choose the MX5 all day long!

Your own MX5 looks the business dude! :cool:

As nice as they are, mid engined and all, I've wanted an MX-5 since I was about 7 playing the original Gran Turismo. :D
    It's just something I need to own, and of course my Jap fetish is no secret. :pac:

As nice as they are, mid engined and all, I've wanted an MX-5 since I was about 7 playing the original Gran Turismo. :D
    It's just something I need to own, and of course my Jap fetish is no secret. :pac:

No hassle I just said I'd suggest it. If you've always wanted an mx5 then that's the one to get. Hope you find a nice one. As previously said they will start to go up in price as summer approaches so you wouldn't want to delay to much I suppose you still have a few months.

To be honest, by the time I sell my amp it could be summer. High end music gear is slow moving stuff. Could the Autumn by the time I'm buying.

To be honest, by the time I sell my amp it could be summer. High end music gear is slow moving stuff. Could the Autumn by the time I'm buying.

Well if your not stuck for the car over the summer there will be good deals around September onwards as people would have used the car for the summer and may just want to flog it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

The RCSI park was jammed today,even the top floor was full :mad: some numpty parked over a pedestrian walkway and isle in front of the space :pac::pac::pac:

Looks like the engine isn't going to make the service interval.... :( Still, I ruined quiet time and fresh air for many pairs of people today as a result :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MarkMc wrote: »
    I did that yesterday with three alarms set :eek: Right pain

I'm starting to miss my car. Not liking this whole public transport to work buzz :(

Public transport sucks, the only good thing about it is being able to doze rather than concentrate on rush hour traffic.

I hope you were all good and splashed out on flowers, chocolates, cards, and either cooked, or arranged dinner for your better halves :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Stheno wrote: »
    Public transport sucks, the only good thing about it is being able to doze rather than concentrate on rush hour traffic.

I hope you were all good and splashed out on flowers, chocolates, cards, and either cooked, or arranged dinner for your better halves :pac:

That happened to me many times. Once I lost my N-Gage, another time I ended up in Cavan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I guess what we really need is self driving cars for the best of both worlds. Wonder if we will see a future where humans aren't allowed to drive!

Guess we can hope that if that day ever comes they will still retain motorsport in some fashion off the public road system. Not that it will matter because I'd say something like that would be a long long time coming.

dgt wrote: »
    That happened to me many times. Once I lost my N-Gage, another time I ended up in Cavan :(

I HAVE to be in work at a certain time most of the time, and live in fear of falling asleep and walking up in UCD so never snooze in the mornings.

On the way home I'm only two stops from the terminus, and regularly doze off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Do it properly or dont do it at all.

In that case you'd be driving a s2000 :)

In that case you'd be driving a s2000boxster :)

true

RoverJames wrote: »
    true

If that's the way we're heading, Cobra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

A 370Z roadster:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I spotted a 2009 Focus RS near the Lough in Cork during the week actually. Some car! The guy was driving it so so carefully & slowly, going to great lengths to avoid any rough patches of road. It was kind of odd, maybe it wasn't his car or perhaps he had a recent bad experience of pot holes. Just had a look.. still insane tax on the new system of €1200.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ariel Atom

/discussion

• Advertisement

@Ronnie: With a Stillen super charger kit.
    Nothing wrong with 500RWHP!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement