Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weirdest thing you've got in a chipper?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

Shryke wrote: »
    And some ask for a curried chip rather than a poke, which makes more sense?
    You're a sad man to try and be anal about language when your position is in defence of a poke of chips, but what else can you do but be smarmy.
    How works just fine fyi.

Why is it sad to expect a good standard of the Queen's English on this forum? It's irrelevant what the subject matter is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Anyone wrote: »
    Battered Mars Bar was rank. I saw they are also selling Battered Oreo's but havent risked that(yet).

Got them at the Camden food market. They are only ok. Very stodgy. Battered Mars bar on the other hand - nyom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Why is it sad to expect a good standard of the Queen's English on this forum? It's irrelevant what the subject matter is.

Still flailing about are we?

Still flailing about are we?

Still missing the point?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/English-Grammar-Dummies-UK-Edition/dp/0470057521

Treat yourself to an early Xmas present. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Still missing the point?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/English-Grammar-Dummies-UK-Edition/dp/0470057521

Treat yourself to an early Xmas present. ;)

Yup. You're still acting the prat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

Thats because your Irish. I was talking about chip shops in Scotland.
    that's you done

Yup. You're still acting the prat.

Im quite bored of you now. So I will end this before a mod comes in because we are ruining this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A southern fried breast of chicken that tasted like dulux weather shield paint

How do you know what weather shield tastes like??

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Other customers asking for a "chip" or a "curried chip" WTF?!

Its chips and curry sauce, or a bag/poke/portion of chips. Ive always wished they just gave them a single chip when they ask for it.

Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I was hammered and ordered a roe burger in a durty chippy in the UK. Didn't know what roe was, didn't ask. Took a bite of it, even swallowed. Then looked at it........... and nearly puked.

Roe is fish eggs. So it was battered fish eggs, and all I can remember is a fishy taste as I was scraping the rest of it off my tongue.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 13 SwanEater

It was a night out in Waterford...

I asked for chips and a chicken breast fillet. My accent is always a give away but no, the bastard behind the counter has still decided to chance it.

I mean, who are you fúcking around with?!? I know the taste of the bird. When I ask for a chicken, just serve me a chicken you stupid bastard...

BTW, the quality of the bird in that chipper in Waterford was appalling... what are they doing to their swans that they taste so bad, ffs?!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 torn_jersey

once bought a bag of chips , when i got back to the car , what was on the chips was what looked like green paint

i went back and one of the people behind the counter ( full of rightous indignation ) shouted that i didnt buy them there , to which i replied , where the fcuk do you think i bought them , the bank across the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Bolognase Burger and a battered snickers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Raw Herring with onions ... ate it all in one go.

Couldn't tell if it was nice or not until I spewed all over the place.

A kid started crying. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Cigarettes under the counter at one I know.
    Apart from that, hagas with curry sauce... its nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

A punch from a rather elderly woman.

So I grabbed her and kicked her out the door.

That'll teach her to stand in the way of me and my chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

A batter burger, naively thinking it would come in a bun. I just ate it out of the little bag it came in. Twas such a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

as a teen i used to work in a chipper.

People would ask for all kinds of **** on their chips.

Cheese, mayo, onions, lettuce, curry sauce, pickles. All on the same chips. Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

D-FENS wrote: »
    An aul fella beside me at a chipper van at Old Trafford asked for a tray of chips, mushy peas, a steak and kidney pie and curry sauce but specifically asked the guy serving him to "mix it".
    I watched the guy and he took the top off the pie then mashed the other items into the main part of it, placed the top back on the overflowing mess and handed it to him.
    The aul fella then started applying salt, vinegar and ketchup.
    Anderson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a chinese in terenure gave me free wasps in my curry a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Other customers asking for a "chip" or a "curried chip" WTF?!

Its chips and curry sauce, or a bag/poke/portion of chips. Ive always wished they just gave them a single chip when they ask for it.
    Dubs ask for a single of chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah, that's something that irritates me but it's just something that's standard to me by now.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

face1990 wrote: »
    A batter burger, naively thinking it would come in a bun. I just ate it out of the little bag it came in. Twas such a let down.
    I love battered burgers... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... greasy goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

No No No.

A batter-burger is nothing like a "Battered Burger".

"Battered Burger" is just a horrible burger with a dip of batter and then back into the oil. Nasty.

Real batter-burgers are awesome and hard to get in a lot of places now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

face1990 wrote: »

My local chipper serve it in a bun with sauce/onions/cheese etc but they call it a whirly burger.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Local chippy here has a big burger battered, slobbered in a sweet chili sauce or suchlike, and in a bun. It's lovely! For some reason, they call it a "Millennium burger", which many familiar with Donegal Town would be aware of, I'm sure.

Another chippy, up the road, when asking for battered burgers, will essentially end you with 2 burgers battered, without the buns.

Both are lovely in their own right!

Advertisement