Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac drive price 600m2 .

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Quick update on this - got a price of 8500 for SMA over the weekend for my driveway from a very reputable & sought after contractor.

Would people think that's a good price or should I shop around for a better price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Any update on this?

I've a 60m2 driveway I would like to get done but I'm still looking for a reputable contractor (Dublin 7).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Have two people who have yet to visit site, anyone I've had out I have not been at all impressed with...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Good luck Lady

My garden is 50m squared do you have any idea how much this would cost to Tarmacadam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

got quotes of 8K to 10K for tarmacadam for 60sq meter off two people (Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Good luck Lady

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Are they reputable or just the only quotes you could get?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

I got 4 or 5 quotes including resin and tarmac. The 10K quote I felt was reputable, very impressed with him, the other guy said he could start the following week which is a no-no in my book. Answers around temperature were interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭boarduser01

Hi Macadam - hoping for some advice if possible!

I have a driveway that was put down a few years ago, and has been great, but now realise we need to maintain it better. I saw your recommendation for Liquafix S and happy to go for this, however you mention that the surface needs to be in a good condition. I have attached a few photos here of the worst areas we have and I have four specific questions:

One area next to where the join in the surface is, has in the last year just started to lose stones in one patch (two photos attached) and not sure if this needs some kind of extra treatment and the join need some extra treatment, before applying the Liquafix S?

Also some gaps seem to be around the join to the concrete path, I assume that is just the current cold weather, but again any advice on this?

Next, will Liquafix S be able to be applied easily by some sturdy reliable teenage lads or does it require some expertise and necessitate getting professionals in to do it?

Finally, I know that a power-washer is not meant to be used on the surface at any time, does that include before the Liquafix S is applied? It is just that in information online, it appears that most do use a powerwasher before resealing?

Thank you for any advice I can get on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

I wish I could get prices for that.. but then again last year was worse, those that would quote were giving stupid made up numbers and giving dates of 9 months to a year out. I had one guy stand at my gate, not even pull out a tape and throw out a stupid number. Why he didnt just tell me he was too busy I don't know.

In the last week I had one price of €28 and another of €25.

Both told me that as prices have increased they have lost jobs they had previously booked. One guy I hadnt heard of before but was recomended by a mate in the trade, (he was doing all the roads and driveways in an estate he was working on. He told me that this time last year he was quoting work for 18 months in the future, now with cancellations its 3 to 4.

The second guy I initially called before Christmas but he wasn't in a position to quote, At the time he told me he had work booked for 10 to 12 months ahead and just wasn't quoting any more jobs until he got it under control. At the time he told me he wanted to get it down to 3 to 6 months ahead. I asked him to give me a call when he was ready. He rang me last week and came out to quote on Friday and gave me a date of mid June.. He also told me that people are cancelling jobs due to prices going up and people being nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I got two quotes of €7.8k and €8k to tarmac a 54m2 front garden in Leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Be very careful who you get for tarmac.

Seems a certain company has done 3 driveways near me. I had seen this guys work before and would have advised anyone not to use him.

He walks around an are and tells people he has some left on the truck from another job and he will give them a good price. Then he does it and leave signs for his company outside.

A year or two later and it starts lifting.

Looks like he has got 3 marks in the last week around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

I did 200m2 of liquafix S last May. A year later it still looks fantastic. Previously alot of stones would come loose every winter during freeze thaw but there was practically nothing coming loose last winter.

I did 3 runs with a Karcher K5 powerwasher to clean the 25 years of dirt.

In terms of skill required, once you can use a a drill with a paddle mixer and 9inch masonry roller you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Where did you get the Liquafix Panjandrums? I'm struggling to pick some up.

The only stockist I see is imprinted concrete.ie and they don't do shipping. Not adverse to driving up and getting it of I have to but I've 400sqm+ to cover. I doubt it'll all fit in a Leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

planning to resurface part of farm laneway 300 meter long by 8ft wide. it was done 20 years ago by council. a few bad potholes in places but good base i believe. what kinda costing would i be expecting? whats on it now is like whats on the main roads(surface is the same). cars, tractors and lorries would be driving on it and cows sometime would walk it. looking for approx idea of what i would need to do etc... grass and moss in centre part too. i guess a few scrapings scrapings from the council (from when they are scraping and resurfacing some nearby public main road) would do... with tarmac to bind it all together and a vibrating roller? thanks

To answer the question for anyone else looking for it Charles Tennant, rang up and ordered over the phone. They arranged delivery. Very good to deal with and good advice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 iamniall

Firstly, great thread here going back to 2012. Awesome to see. And to macdam with his expert advice.

Getting to the question: based just outside Dundalk, I have 750msq of driveway currently kerbed and drainage which is currently gravelled. Does anyone have good recommendations of a provider who does quality work and is affordable?

What should I budget for this?

Thank you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Fretwells (did mine 6 years ago)

ardee asphalt

sands (outside Newry )

all have good reputations from what I know. Price sorry couldn’t tell you.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

Anyone any idea what 450 m2 would cost in mayo at the minute . Ground work down and kerbs in just tarmac to be done ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

if spreadin palings / road scrapings how to you get it level on a pass? i shovelled and levelled a lane drove on it and see its quite uneven. I was thinkking of filling hollows again with shovel.maybe putting bitumen tar spray then over that and a thin layer of stones. before getting a compact roller.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

You based in mayo if so who did you use ? Can’t even get a quote at the minute never mind get the work done

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Hi all I have a yard 160 m2 yard I’m looking to do something with it I presume tarmac is the cheapest option for a solid surface? Any idea how much this would cost I’m in the midlands thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Deregos.

I gather you have to ring this site for prices.

Haven't used it myself or seen a drive thats been finished with Liquafix S, which is oil based and I'd imagine a bit slow to dry. Whereas I have seen this one by Bunbrosna paints in Westmeath, who do a 25 litre, fast curing cellulose version for €60, they open for business again in March.

https://www.brosnapaints.ie/

The drives I've seen it used on were power washed then 'airless sprayed' by a tarmac company and they really did come up like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Hi all I have a yard 160 m2 yard I’m looking to do something with it I presume tarmac is the cheapest option for a solid surface? Any idea how much this would cost I’m in the midlands thanks

I answered my own question a few posts up ^^

Charles Tennant.

It takes about 2 days to dry in summer, but you can carefully walk on it after one day, but make sure to take your shoes off heading in to the house.

It's critical you dilute it with white spirit or it'll just sit and take a week to dry and be extremely hard to spread. I went with 1:4.

I know Brosna paints. Use their fence paint. Very good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Oh right. What does Charles Tennant charge for 25L of Liquafix S by comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Madd002

If your looking for something different see attached, dyed black concrete

• Advertisement

I genuinely can't recall. I think it was €90ish. The 125L fit on a pallet and cost €50 delivery. I recall that bit anyways.

Advertisement