Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who lunch even more!! **MOD WARNING OPENING POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

If someone could let my ass down gently by telling it I don't need 2/3s of it, that'd be great.

And also tell my hair to stop being lazy and grow.

Only having a fat ugly week.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

javagal wrote: »
    If someone could let my ass down gently by telling it I don't need 2/3s of it, that'd be great.

And also tell my hair to stop being lazy and grow.

Only having a fat ugly week.
    Post partum hair sucks. I lose handfuls every day and have weird grease patches that shampooing 4 times in a row won't shift. Finally used fairy liquid in desperation and I think it worked on it. Worst my hair has ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've been listening to this on repeat. 1970's style doom metal with female vocals and keys! \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I bought 3 pairs of boots on littlewoods today... Oops! Will send one pair back though - got one leather pair for the snow when I'm away, and one for here so just a matter of deciding which ones go back!

PP hope the film is good, I'll go and see it next week - I realise they're bad but they're a bit of a guilty pleasure for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just home.

Last part was epic IMO. And a Green Day song in the end credits. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Very excited to see it too, yay for Jacob! But won't be going until next week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I am wrecked tired, thankfully today is a short day in college, I don't know how I'd cope if it was a full day :o

Hope everyone has a good Friday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What's the best way to start a Friday? Stab yourself in the hand. Ouch ouch ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What's the best way to start a Friday? Stab yourself in the hand. Ouch ouch ouch.
    Well it's good in that it can only get better!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Tired and hungry. One of my good friends from here is leaving suddenly this Sunday, makes me really sad. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Daisies wrote: »
    Tired and hungry. One of my good friends from here is leaving suddenly this Sunday, makes me really sad. :(
    How long will you stay over there, D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

bluewolf wrote: »
    I knew which novellist born in fife uses his middle initial m to distinguish the genres of novel he writes.

Iain Banks?

Ugh I'm thinking about not reading the news anymore. It's so depressing and I wonder wtf is wrong with people sometimes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Aches. Pains. Sore throat.

Agh :(

Ugh I'm thinking about not reading the news anymore. It's so depressing and I wonder wtf is wrong with people sometimes.

I made a conscious decision to stop reading certain types of stories a few years back - anything involving child abuse and animal cruelty, basically - and it has made life marginally less depressing the odd time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Iain Banks?
    The one and only :D
    I read about the lenient sentence for rape that stupid judge gave yesterday, and about someone finding puppies dumped in a bag.
    So naturally last night I dreamt I was sexually assaulted, then I saw some poor abused puppy I rescued but he was in a bad way.
    Then the alarm gave me such a shock I flailed my water all over the table trying to switch it off, and I'm sick.
    :mad:
    sh!t start to the day

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I made a conscious decision to stop reading certain types of stories a few years back - anything involving child abuse and animal cruelty, basically - and it has made life marginally less depressing the odd time.
    I think I'll take this advice!

The one and only :D

I read about the lenient sentence for rape that stupid judge gave yesterday, and about someone finding puppies dumped in a bag.
    So naturally last night I dreamt I was sexually assaulted, then I saw some poor abused puppy I rescued but he was in a bad way.
    Then the alarm gave me such a shock I flailed my water all over the table trying to switch it off, and I'm sick.
    sh!t start to the day

Oh yeah hate those dreams. Like when pregnant I watched a documentary about Kazakhstan, showed an orphanage where kids deformed because of nuclear testing are dumped. I had the most awful dreams for a week.

Think I should only watch fluffy happy disney stuff from now on.

Morning all. Hope you have a good Friday. :)

Going to get up and shower soon. I'm in the charity shop later. Really looking forward to it because I wasn't there last week, I was working. I like volunteering there. I get to talk to lots of people, the 2 women that volunteer with me are lovely and the money we take in goes directly towards helping the animals.

Might be going to see my bf tomorrow, don't know yet. We sorted things out so everything is okay. Tbh it was one of those fights that I really have no clue how it started or why it started and ended with both of us saying stupid things. It's all good now though.

Checked my bank balance yesterday and I hadn't gotten paid for the week I worked. Hopefully when I check it today I'll have been paid.

Had too many sweets at the cinema yesterday and I still feel full.. :o

Speaking of dumped puppies, a girl I know found an abandonded 12 week old puppy on sunday, and the local SPCA fostered it out. The pup was only in its foster home for a day when he got really sick. Poor little guy is in the vets, hooked up to a drip, trying to fight off parvo. :(

What is wrong with people? God. Parvo is easily preventable, just get the dogs shots ffs. People should be screened before being allowed take responsibility for a defenseless animal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I did journalism in college and I found it very hard. Being confronted with horrid stories all the time was tough going. I only ever read a metro the odd time. I just cannot handle the meanness in the world. I was started to get desensitised to it all and as a sensitive person I didn't want that to happen.

I like crying at films and stuff.

You're right DQ, it's so easily preventable. It cost about 30-40 euro per year to get your dog vaccinated against potentially fatal diseases like parvo and there are still people out there who just don't bother vaccinating, it makes me mad. :mad: You also wouldn't believe the amount of people who just don't know about vaccinating their dogs.. :(

Parvo is a horrible disease, I've seen what it can do and it ain't pretty. And there's actually no cure, you can only treat the symptoms and hope the animal is strong enough to fight off the infection.

You're right DQ, it's so easily preventable. It cost about 30-40 euro per year to get your dog vaccinated against potentially fatal diseases like parvo and there are still people out there who just don't bother vaccinating, it makes me mad. :mad: You also wouldn't believe the amount of people who just don't know about vaccinating their dogs.. :(

Parvo is a horrible disease, I've seen what it can do and it ain't pretty. And there's actually no cure, you can only treat the symptoms and hope the animal is strong enough to fight off the infection.

250 to get my 5 their shots and chipped. be worth it as long as they're okay though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I was up all night again. Watched the first episode and a half of a documentary on Savile Row by BBC4. There's something so amazing about these really old businesses based on pure craft and skill. There were obviously places doing really well, but some of them were making clothes for people, charging thousands of pounds for them and making very little off them themselves. These people could probably work for really big fashion houses and make fortunes but they're so dedicated to what they do it's unreal.

Anyway, up all night meant I was showered and cleaning my bedroom at 6am. It's half clean now, so if I get it fully clean today I'll have a productive week to look forward to. I'm such a slob, but I know if I'm in a tidy clean space I'll feel better and be far more active and actually do things, but then I act like a slob again and get bogged down. But still, tidy my clothes, hoover, tidy the sewing corner and I'll be rearing to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Got paid today. Mysteriously most of the money has already vanished from my account. It must have a leak! :pac:

250 to get my 5 their shots and chipped. be worth it as long as they're okay though :D

That's actually a good deal. I'm not sure of exact prices but as far as I can remember the practice I worked in charged about 30 per vaccination so that's 150 alone so you're basically getting 5 microchips for the other 100 and I've seen clinics charge up to 40 for one chip. I can never really understand why people say they can't afford vaccinations tbh, it doesn't take long to save if you put a little bit of money away each week and a lot of vets do payment plans anyway. In my opinion if you can't look after an animal properly you shouldn't have one.

That's actually a good deal. I'm not sure of exact prices but as far as I can remember the practice I worked in charged about 30 per vaccination so that's 150 alone so you're basically getting 5 microchips for the other 100 and I've seen clinics charge up to 40 for one chip. I can never really understand why people say they can't afford vaccinations tbh, it doesn't take long to save if you put a little bit of money away each week and a lot of vets do payment plans anyway. In my opinion if you can't look after an animal properly you shouldn't have one.
    Absolutely. The vet is doing a special price because we are doing puppies in bulk. They all have to be done at the same time otherwise it's more, which is fair. They are 8 weeks old today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

sh!t start to the day

Urgh.

I'm feeling uncharacteristically misanthropic this week. I've been taking it out on my character rather than on the world though. Going to send the fcuker to Russia to have some potentially dodgy brain surgery. Bit of body horror inflicted on a fictional person should get it out of my system...

*hugs for bluewolf* If you want them after reading that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

One of my friends found this absolutely beautiful dog (can't remember the breed) but brought it to the vet to see if he could find the owner. The dog was chipped but there was no info on the chip.

So sad to think that someone went to the effort of chipping the dog but then someone messed up along the line.

• Advertisement

FFS, just asked my tutor about the bibliography part of our assignment - two of my items are chapters in books and I asked should we include the page references, as it wouldn't be normal MHRA practice to include them - and she replied with an example of how to do it that bears absolutely no resemblance to the MHRA system of referencing a book chapter for either an endnote or a bibliography.

I've had to ask her where she got it from, I'm not submitting my bibliography to be marked as wrong by her if she's using some entirely different bloody system to the one we're supposed to be using...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement