Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell me about christmas in Ireland (admin update in post 89)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Just a minor correction:
    Khannie wrote: »
    This thread came to the attention of the admins earlier today due to the positive story.

Please read as: "This thread came to the attention of the admins earlier because Khannie is a cynical b*****d".

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

New addition to Santa's naughty list methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

So her dad wasn't the first man in Ireland in the 80s to have the money for American medical school!

The OP does allege that the original premise of the thread is a true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

I was really looking forward to Amy's next update and all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Hahaha, this is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

hahahaha this is brilliant!! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Trojan wrote: »
    The OP does allege that the original premise of the thread is a true story.

Still doesn't take the sting out of feeling duped. Oh well it was a nice story while it lasted, that's it, Christmas spirit is ruined for the year!

I feel so used... :( :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Bah hum bug!

I think his lecturer needs to bump the priority of the "Ethics in Psychology" module. This would be a great case study.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

well, the best i can say is well played. He really did sound like a generous american lass excited about the trip. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thread needs to be moved to After Hours tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

Why oh why did I read all 7 pages - my friend told me to read a few comments from each page then the last page, but nooooooooooooo I had to read each post as I was afraid I'd miss a funny comment somewhere :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ooops, I feel sorry for whoever pushed for this to be published on the site!

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Ooops, I feel sorry for whoever pushed for this to be published on the site!

The Journal assumed what the rest of us did. No fault there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

So this is all a wind up and a a pack of lies then.

Oh well.........

"Screw you guys,Im going home".:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Sure fup it. No hard feelings towards the op. No harm done. He/She did evoke in us what the real meaning of Christmas and you'd be a liar if you didn't get any warmth from this thread.

Good luck with the psychology project, ya fecker :pac::pac::pac:

flanzer wrote: »
    Sure fup it. No hard feelings towards the op. No harm done. He/She did evoke in us what the real meaning of Christmas and you'd be a liar if you didn't get any warmth from this thread.

Good luck with the psychology project, ya fecker :pac::pac::pac:

But its all a pack of lies and bullshyte.

OP isnt taking enough of those tablets obviously.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Trojan wrote: »
    Please read as: "This thread came to the attention of the admins earlier because Khannie is a cynical b*****d".
    I post everywhere on the Christmas forum, but never had anything to do with this thread because I was a bit cynical about whether it was actually true or not. The dad having never been home for Christmas in over 20 years despite clearly having the means to do so just didn't sit right with me.
    Also, amyfitz91 said 'she' was 22, which would be amyfitz90. :pac:
    The second I seen the lock on it earlier, I thought 'oh no, they've checked (the posts), haven't they!'

I'm sad that my cynical untrustworthiness and refusal to take anyone at face value has been proved correct. I'd have liked this to be true.

I wonder did the rest of the OP's class manage their college project on the emotions that Christmas evokes without lying and stringing a lot of well meaning people along?

Im sorry but........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

greenybaby wrote: »
    Why oh why did I read all 7 pages - my friend told me to read a few comments from each page then the last page, but nooooooooooooo I had to read each post as I was afraid I'd miss a funny comment somewhere :mad:

You should have listened to me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Apparently this was going to be the original post but it wasn't sickly sweet enough.

Feck it. Lets erase from post 89 on inclusive and lock the thread. For the childers. For the future childers.

I hope the OP goes to hell now.....(his/her credibility is now shot to pieces on this forum)

And that Santa leaves them a lump of coal for telling a pack of lies.

Feck it. Lets erase from post 89 on inclusive and lock the thread. For the childers. For the future childers.

We should have a new post 89 before they lock it,

"And they all lived happily ever after" The End.

lockie1983 wrote: »
    We should have a new post 89 before they lock it,

"And they all lived happily ever after" The End.

And Enda "Scrooge" Kenny finally knew the real meaning of Christmass.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Strange that the OP didn't know not to call it "The Holidays". Surely an Irish father would have stamped that out! I think someone wants late late toy show tickets!

EDIT: Oh, just saw the mod note... Well, I wish I hand't read that.

Strange that the OP didn't know not to call it "The Holidays". Surely an Irish father would have stamped that out! I think someone wants late late toy show tickets!

Or a size 10 steel toe cap up the hole.

I am debating whether to remove my thanks from post 1?

naw. leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

They are called ethics... find some if you wish to become a psychologist.

A psych ethics review board would have been required to pass anything like this. And then full disclosure would be required, not a half assed 'I didnt consider the consequences of my actions' apology. Any psych student who engages in thoughtless research which has an impact on others without sufficient preparation, ethical consideration, and due process, risks bringing the profession into disrepute. Think about that the next time you make the world your test subject... because any number of the readers and responders here may have just had their willingness to engage with and trust psychologists and psychological research undermined by you.

Ari

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement