Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Parents

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The visitor thing from reading the first page seems like the greatest thing to annoy you. I'm particularly worried as my in-laws and gran-in-laws live in the same house as my wife and I so it will probably be a nightmare!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My parents have called already today but they weren't around for the first, but they normally bring something, don't want tea/coffee and usually disappear after about half an hour.

I have to say our first is being brilliant, but I'm being a massive softie towards her at the moment, I really don't want her to be lost in the excitement of the new baby.

I'm also completely and utterly emotionally drained, I didn't take any holidays all year in the expectation of taking 2 weeks now, I now see this as a massive mistake as I'm still trying to turn off work mode while taking care of the 3 girls in my life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It'll be a week tomorrow since our second princess arrived, I have to say she's brilliant (touch wood), winding isn't a problem, and she's having 1 dirty nappy a day, it's amazing the difference between the first and the second, the first 1 we didn't have a clue what was wrong with her when she wouldn't sleep, got a bit of gripe water and she was cleared, this time around if it's just over 24 hours an oz of cooled boiled water is produced and it starts the process.

Our first started pre-school this morning, a bit early we know but our normal child minder is off having her own baby so we thought it important to get her somewhere to interact with other kids, 3 days a week to start with.

I remember 3 years ago just feeling chuffed with our little bundle of joy, everything was just perfect, being off was brilliant, this time I'm just off for 2 weeks and I'm dreading going back already, the overarching feeling this time is overwhelmed, overwhelmed with happy emotions of love and positiveness and overwhelmed with the enormous sense of responsibility and foreboding

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Clareman wrote: »

I remember 3 years ago just feeling chuffed with our little bundle of joy, everything was just perfect, being off was brilliant, this time I'm just off for 2 weeks and I'm dreading going back already, the overarching feeling this time is overwhelmed, overwhelmed with happy emotions of love and positiveness and overwhelmed with the enormous sense of responsibility and foreboding

I hear ya on the enormous sense of responsibility and foreboding... I find it crushing sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'm with both of ye on the sense of responsibility :pac:

We were super-relieved when #2 arrived sound & safe in mid-June (after another miscarriage last September :().....it's been fairly hectic since but our almost 3 year old has been great and things have finally started to return to normality not a small bit.

I'm also trying to change jobs at the minute and was super-stressed about it a few weeks ago (combined with peak sleep deprivation)....rang my company EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) and was put in touch with a counsellor/career coach....had a couple of good sessions and any sense of foreboding/worries etc. were addressed and are no longer a problem. Would recommend reaching out to someone if you feel things are getting on top of you a bit.

all the best cm

• Advertisement
Advertisement