Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you hate:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

... M People, That one from years ago DJ Sammy, that new one that's on the radio 24/7 of Monsters & Men.... I could go on...

Ah Yes, M People ..mentioned several times already.
    The slightly stale digestive biscuit of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ADonoghue

Crazy Horses , by the Osmonds ( Neigh ,Neigh,Neigh,Neigh, )
    Anything by Daniel O'Donnell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

ADonoghue wrote: »
    Anything by Daniel O'Donnell
    Even this?

Gettin' real sick of all this auto-tuned Calvin Harris-prouduced bull****. It all sounds the same to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

'Dancing in the moonlight', by those annoying whiney folk, whatever you call them, it's about 15 years old now so don't hear it anymore thank god, but just that opening makes me want to switch off the radio / kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

marnie d wrote: »
    'Dancing in the moonlight', by those annoying whiney folk, whatever you call them, it's about 15 years old now so don't hear it anymore thank god, but just that opening makes me want to switch off the radio / kill someone.

Toploader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

There's a special place in hell devoted to Bruce Springsteen and his music. Radio Nowhere is the most lethal of his curb-stomps to good music.

:eek:

I know Radio Nowhere wasn't exactly his best (although I quite like it) but the man has had dozens of amazing songs! And I've never seen anyone anywhere near as good as him in a live show.

Whoever mentioned Kid Rock, a million times yes. And another one in that crappy genre... Nickel-effin-back. Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Have you got a link to that interview? Cheers.

The whole beautiful, unseen murder of Tony is a hyped up load of sh1te that David Chase knew critics would swallow hook line and sinker. In the plot of the previous 7 years, and with Tony making a ceasefire with New York, there was no reason for him to be whacked inside the restaurant. Especially considering, as a top man in the New Jersey vs New York war, which by that point had been mutually settled with the agreement that all concerned wanted Phil Leotardo dead and that was the end of it all, the FBI would have been tailing his every move and therefore nobody was stupid enough to try kill him in a crowded restaurant.

Critics are fcuking idiots, really. And the end result was an insult to those of us who had watched the thing for 7-8 odd years.

Unfortunately not, it was in the Culture magazine that comes with the Sunday Times a couple of years back, tried finding it but no luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The whole beautiful, unseen murder of Tony is a hyped up load of sh1te that David Chase knew critics would swallow hook line and sinker. In the plot of the previous 7 years, and with Tony making a ceasefire with New York, there was no reason for him to be whacked inside the restaurant. Especially considering, as a top man in the New Jersey vs New York war, which by that point had been mutually settled with the agreement that all concerned wanted Phil Leotardo dead and that was the end of it all, the FBI would have been tailing his every move and therefore nobody was stupid enough to try kill him in a crowded restaurant.

Critics are fcuking idiots, really. And the end result was an insult to those of us who had watched the thing for 7-8 odd years.

There's some interesting analyses of that final scene though that highlight some subtle signs that do suggest he was killed. I don't know for sure, and I don't mind the ambiguity as much as some. I'm not sure how I would have felt about seeing Tony killed straight in front of our eyes. It would have to be a really f*cking good death scene.

But, not to derail the thread, yes, Journey's song is a heap of sh*te and is way over-played to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Lady Antebellum -Need You Now

I'd need to be more than a little drunk to enjoy that... just terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

This may be of interest:
    http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

To me, it was a perfect ending to a great but flawed show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Rick Ashley , ive been rick rolled too many times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

marnie d wrote: »
    In a round about way that's reminded me of another song I despise,

Smash Mouth - Walkin on the Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

The song that won the Eurovision, was it last year?? EEUUUUPPHHHHOORRRIIIAAAAA.

It makes me so angry! Which is kind of ironic considering the one and only lyric, euphoria.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Great thread OP!
    4. anything by katy perry. "i kissed a girl" really?
    I do like the sound of that song, though. I just don't like the lyrics. And it's not prudery - far from it. I don't mind being titillated, but I do mind being manipulated, and that song is just too cynical in that regard, I think.

The Gift Grub version was much better.

"I kissed Brian Cowen and I liked it,
    Tasted like a sausage sandwich."

Brilliant.

Stork

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MarZ8ar

Anything by skrillex. Sounds like angry robots sexually assaulting cats. If I ever won a grammy I'd hand it back on stage because that ****er has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Anything by Bob Dylan. Can't stand his annoying voice. Cranky little auld bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Robbie Williams' new one is absolute crud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

markesmith wrote: »

Seconded. I saw him perform it on Graham Norton and I couldn't believe how bad it was even for Robbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

markesmith wrote: »

Howya Mark? How's the fall these days?

You cant beat a bit of Noels Chemical effluence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Wattle wrote: »
    Seconded. I saw him perform it on Graham Norton and I couldn't believe how bad it was even for Robbie.

That's where I saw it. Execrable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Don't Speak - No Doubt

Makes me fcuking break things

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I've gone through, I think, every page of this thread and I'm astonished that none of the ear-rending **** that Madonna has subjected the planet to over the years has been mentioned.

In particular, the one that goes something like "Hey mister DJ put a record on I want to dance with my baby".

It sounds like your gran having a go at coming up with one of those newfangled pop records.

Every time I hear it I want Madonna and the rest of the world that tolerates the skeletal freak's existence to explode and the fragments to crash into the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

MarZ8ar wrote: »
    Anything by skrillex. Sounds like angry robots sexually assaulting cats. If I ever won a grammy I'd hand it back on stage because that ****er has one.
    Gives Electronic music a bad name. I long for the days when Aphex Twin was played on MTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Gbear wrote: »
    I've gone through, I think, every page of this thread and I'm astonished that none of the ear-rending **** that Madonna has subjected the planet to over the years has been mentioned.

In particular, the one that goes something like "Hey mister DJ put a record on I want to dance with my baby".

It sounds like your gran having a go at coming up with one of those newfangled pop records.

Every time I hear it I want Madonna and the rest of the world that tolerates the skeletal freak's existence to explode and the fragments to crash into the sun.

Ooh I don't know Ray Of Light was pretty good but I broadly agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

How the **** does anyone listen to this sh!te?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

dttq wrote: »
    How the **** does anyone listen to this sh!te?

That was freaking awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

e_e wrote: »
    Gives Electronic music a bad name. I long for the days when Aphex Twin was played on MTV.

I long for the days when MTV played what their name suggests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

MarZ8ar wrote: »

This thread is entitled Songs You Hate.

Skrillex does not do songs, tracks, beats, he does not do anyhing really.

He just makes noise. I heard it best described as a gang rape scene from Transformers. Say wha you like about Gangnam Style, it is rubbish but the arists and everyone else knows it. Skrillex and other Dubstep artists, and their fans, have the nerve to actually think they are playing good electronica. It is an insult to all the DJs and producers out there who created culture and actually have a tune in their head.

Funnily enough I heard Dubstep described as hardcore drug- scene music. How in the fcuk do ecstasy and Dubstep go hand in hand? I had the misfortune to somehow end up at a Dubstep night (in truth I had never heard of the genre before or its sound and some mates were going, two or so years ago, and the club it was on in usually has cracking house and electro playing). What a waste of a good pill that night was. Retards in army camoflage "skanking" I believe they call the spasming. Gob sh1tes stroking their chins waxing lyrical about drops and other such nonsense. Leave me out thanks. If that is the future of dance culture its time for me to call it a dy and get the pipe and slippers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Surprised no one's mentioned Wonderwall yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I fcuking hate Bruno Mars' Just the way you are. And no I'm not a lonely bugger but it's just awful!

Advertisement