Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you hate:

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Anything by Taylor Swift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Put a ring on it from that wan with the big ass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Lofty123 wrote: »
    Also cringe-making is "where do you go to my lovely (?)" by Peter Starstedt.

ANYTHING by The Cranberries, what is with that woman wailing? she always sounds as if she has hurt herself!:confused:

Ah I love that song!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

that new Diamonds yoke by Rhianna........i have to walk away when it comes on.......utter ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

that ed sheeran c*nt and his new song about his baby....puke

His mention of going mad for a copule grams and being "druuuunnnk again, Ill be drunnnnnkkkkk again" on middle of the road folksy songs aimed at women is a bit Alan Partridge "why? cos Im a bloody bloke!" in its subject matter alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Anything by The Coronas, Blizzards (Who buys that ****e?) and Irish bands in general,

Celine Dion Titanic song

Anything by the Lighthouse Family or M People

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Anything by Coldplay, just depressing as **** music, that I think I want to marry you song by Bruno Mars, what a wanker and single ladies by Beyonce, ****ing ****e.

You're my new best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

A lot of my hated songs have already been mentioned.
    I cannot stand most of the songs on the radio at present. Past hated songs include driving in my car by madness (i like madness but hate that song)
    Rockafella skank or whatever its called by fatboy slim
    Thunderstruck by acdc. My ma actually said when i was a kid that it sounded like cats being murdered.. I agree
    I think anything that gets overplayed i end up hating!
    Celine ****ing dion! Nickleback! Bryan adams! Im canadian and let me tell you.. We hate most of our internationally known artists. The good **** never gets heard outside of the country.
    U2 post 1990 does m head in, especially beautiful day or sweetest thing.
    Any mainstream tune with a banjo. Anything by florence and the machine..
    Kesha. Jason derulo. Jaysis i could be here all day.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

All current mainstream pop is ****.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I spent 6 weeks of the summer in 2002 with my leg in plaster and on crutches and we just had Sky installed.
    Spent alot of time watching tv and would often stick on the music channels if I was doing something else. Nelly & Kelly Rowland Dilemma and Avril lavigne's girlfriend were on repeatt constantly. One random Tuesday had at least one of those songs on 6 different channels at the same time.l

I quickly spent alot of time playing Beehive Bedlam on the games service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

There are lots of songs that I don't like, but the ones I hate tend to be the ones that get overplayed to the point of torture.

Don't Stop Believing - Journey (kinda liked it until it got played EIGHT times at my debs)

We Found Love - Rihanna & Calvin Harris

When We Collide - Matt Cardle (A horrendous cover that does no justice to the Biffy Clyro song)

We are never ever ever ever ever ever ever (etc.) getting back together - Taylor Swift (Jaysus, no words).

Anything by Cheryl Cole.

And that "Last Friday Night" song by Katy Perry. Most stupid lyrics ever: "It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruuuuled!" (Meaning: "I can't remember, might have been assaulted, like, but it was probably grand"). :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Anything by The Coronas, Blizzards (Who buys that ****e?) and Irish bands in general,
    The Coronas and The Blizzards are joke bands, but I can tell that you haven't listened to many Irish bands if you are going to make a sweeping generalisation like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I could moan for ages about this drivel, but someone another board explained much more articulately about its woefulness.
    No noms for "I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker" yet?...meh, I would do it but it's just a wee bit played out

You could write whole essays about how awful it is. The lyrics are the easiest bit to take the piss out of, and the fact that she so clearly thinks she's saying something Profound And Important makes them worse, but it's such an awful, **** tune as well.

The way it starts out acappella, which is always the sign of someone who thinks a) they've got an incredible soulful voice and b) YOU'RE ABOUT TO HEAR A PROPER ANTHEM HERE. Yet, what actually comes out of her mewling, advert-jingle-singing mouth first is THIS. ****ING THIS:

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
    In '77 and '69 revolution was in the air

...instantly co-opting two hugely different movements into one in the worst kind of "woo! Let's buy rebellious t-shirts from Topshop" sloganeering. Every single ****ing lyric in the song is so monumentally awful as to make me want to feed my ears to a hungry dog, but I will save special mention for the vacuous yearning for a time when "the super info highway was still drifting out in space", sung by an artist who famously made her entire career exploiting the promotional possibilities of the internet.

There's just something so intolerably nauseating about someone who yearns for revolution by harking on back to the ****ing old days like your dithering old racist gran, clutching a rolled-up Daily Mail as she natters about when we still had to send handwritten letters in the **** post, and the good old days when "footballers still had long hair and dirt across their face". That's an actual lyric from Sandi Thom's song. ON TOP OF THAT there's a line that apparently calls for more ignorance, and a line which confuses Tony Blair for the Queen.

But the absolute nadir of the song has to be this bit:

And when god saved the queen she turned a whiter shade of pale

Just such a toweringly awful lyric. A lyric which is **** because it thinks it's clever, when all it's done is awkwardly stick two song titles together to make them both into a completely meaningless, empty void. You know when she wrote that she sat back and beamed with pride, because she was too stupid to understand the extent of her unutterable ****ness. There are probably people who heard that and thought they were clever for getting how it was two song title references. I hope all those people are now dead.

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=27884.140;wap2

Also

STOP SCREAMING PLEASE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Biffy Clyro - Stingin' Belle

This Club - I Won't Worry.... I feel bad knowing that I might be in the video...

Alexis Jordan - Happines

Glen Hansard - Falling Slowy; The Fray - How to save a life = suicidal songs...

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Fairytale Of New York..Can't go out anywhere at Christmas and not be aurally violated from that drunklin' pulling out of one another excuse of a melody. Everyone dying for the 'Cheap lousy ******' bit makes me want to kill.
    Most of Beyonce's ringtone car alarm sh+te.
    That Vindaloo tune years back.
    David Guetta. Please die.
    Anything by that Flo Rida gimp or a song that 'Feats' one of those gobsh+tes.
    Any song that gets covered in Xfactor usually qualifies as muck.
    I'm now angry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

All Country and Western songs.,

"I've got tears in my ears 'cause I'm crying in my sleep over you hu!!"

:D

Rjd2 wrote: »

Also

STOP SCREAMING PLEASE.

GTFO! Absoloute house classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

ArtyC wrote: »
    That ****ing kid rock ****e!!! Grrrr of was 1989 ...... Aaaaarrrrgggh I'm angry just writing this!!!!

OH GOD I CAN'T STAND THAT SONG!!!! He took a classic and ruined it. When I hear the opening bars I think it's "Sweet Home Alabama" then it turns into utter sh**e. The same applies to One Direction's latest "hit". Starts off sounding like The Clash. What a let down when you realise what it actually is.

Don't Stop Believing - Journey (kinda liked it until it got played EIGHT times at my debs)

I kinda liked the plot of The Sopranos for eight YEARS until this song was played in the farcial end to such a great series.

Anyone who reckons The Sopranos ending was great has not actually watched the 7 year long series in any great depth and therefore does not understand how unrelateable to the plotine it was. Having watched the entire 7 odd series 6 times over, it was a great show, best drama ever made, but a sell out ending completely contradicting the storyline. Anyone who regards it as otherwise is frankly an idiot.

And that, therefore, is why I do not like Journey. Because it reminds me of 7 years of my life following a storyline being ended with what seemed like a signal loss, which when examined bore zero relevance to the plot of The Sopranos and was simply a lazy, open ended ending in case David Chase needs a few quid in 10 years.

Was Tony shot dead? No. He had his dinner and went home. Anyone who believes otherwise never watched the series properly.

Zero1986 wrote: »
    The Coronas and The Blizzards are joke bands, but I can tell that you haven't listened to many Irish bands if you are going to make a sweeping generalisation like that.

I probably havent listened to EVERY Irish band that ever was but apart from early U2 there isnt one Irish band out there that I like. I worked in a music shop for many years where new Irish bands music was being played daily and I also listen to Dave Fanning religiously and hes a big promoter of new Irish music so I'd have some clue as to whats out there...Thats my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

Kid rock sweet home Alabama!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Angels by Robbie Williams I don't get what all the fuss was about!

It was about a poor Dublin man's dead daughter and Rob ripped him off.

I kinda liked the plot of The Sopranos for eight YEARS until this song was played in the farcial end to such a great series.

Anyone who reckons The Sopranos ending was great has not actually watched the 7 year long series in any great depth and therefore does not understand how unrelateable to the plotine it was. Having watched the entire 7 odd series 6 times over, it was a great show, best drama ever made, but a sell out ending completely contradicting the storyline. Anyone who regards it as otherwise is frankly an idiot.

And that, therefore, is why I do not like Journey. Because it reminds me of 7 years of my life following a storyline being ended with what seemed like a signal loss, which when examined bore zero relevance to the plot of The Sopranos and was simply a lazy, open ended ending in case David Chase needs a few quid in 10 years.

Was Tony shot dead? No. He had his dinner and went home. Anyone who believes otherwise never watched the series properly.

Read an interview with James Gandolfini and he said that he doesnt believe that Tony was whacked either. Still dont get what the whole Meadow parking the car thing was about in the final scenes...
    As for that song, Irish radio stations seem to be obsessed with it still:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

"In the Army Now" by Status Quo

"Zombie" by The Cranberries

"The Fields of Athenry" by anyone who bloody well sings it.

"Fairtytale of New York". Not that it's a bad song as such, just way too overlplayed. Even a full year's break from it isn't long enough.

Lots of others I can't think of right now.

Stork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

ruthloss wrote: »
    All Country and Western songs.,

"I've got tears in my ears 'cause I'm crying in my sleep over you hu!!"

:D

"I flushed you from the toilets of my heart":D:pac::pac:

"Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga makes me want to strangle someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Sex on Fire, people only like that song because it mentions the word sex
    Anything by Lady GaGa, most unoriginal artist to ever grace the music scene, didn't invent any of her own clothes either
    Anything by The Wanted, you're no Take That lads
    Chart dance songs with rap in between, just no
    Anything by Mumford and Sons... boring whiney drivel
    Yellow Submarine by The Beatles, I get it alright you live in a submarine that's yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

This.

This song make me want to rip my own face off. Stupid repetitive music and lyrics.

I feel angry just thinking about it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^Ooh I actually used to like that song wayyy back in the days... kinda nostalgic hearing it again...

Anything by most modern pop artists. Lady Gaga, Kesha, Nicky Minaj, Katy Perry etc.
    They all sound the same with the over produced music and vocals, dancey beats, repetitive "catchy" lyrics etc. Its just unimaginative ****e.
    Oh and also really despise the Party Rock song by LMFAO. I really don't get it how so many people seem to love that ****e. I can't stand it for even a minute.

Whatever happened when Led Zeppelin, David Bowie and Pink Floyd constituted popular music!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Bom Bom by Sam and the Womp is one of the most annoying songs of the year. Really annoying video too.

The song by The Calling that was all over the radio about 10 years ago.

That Jive Bunny song from the 80s is very annoying too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭carrick79

Bob Dylan - Hurricane

Hate it, and it seems to last an eternity. :mad:

Advertisement