Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you hate:

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Inner Smile ( by Texas).

I just want to smash the radio every time it comes on ......

One, two, three, four
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Oh yeah, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah . . . .

Like a pneumatic drill going through my head . . . Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Ad nauseam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

U2 - as soon as they come on the radio I turn them off!
    U2 is my definition of "not real music".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Libadour wrote: »
    Bohemian Rhapsody. Rubbish.

You wash your mouth out with soap and water, mister!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Calvin Harris "You are the one thing in my way, You are the one thing in my way" repeat line 100 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ArtyM wrote: »
    That horrendous one by david bowie and mick jagger
    This one? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Damn you! Have this abomination of a 'song' stuck in my head for the last hour now
    I saw your username and now have this as an earworm.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Argh, i just have to dig it up.
    Uncle Tucker, Follow Me.
    Besides from being unimaginative, boring, twee and unbelievably dull, it also thinks of itself as a really good song.
    If i had to crash my car or open my veins to make it stop, I would.
    It is the Boris Johnson of songs.

a worthy song to bump the thread. i despised that song at the turn of the century. record industry revenues were at their peak. they had their modus operandi down. get any crap song, make an expensive video (they all had a similiar, californian look), get it playlisted on MTV/TRL/all the other music channels and wait for it to top the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

a worthy song to bump the thread. i despised that song at the turn of the century. record industry revenues were at their peak. they had their modus operandi down. get any crap song, make an expensive video (they all had a similiar, californian look), get it playlisted on MTV/TRL/all the other music channels and wait for it to top the charts.

It is a hateful miserable dirge!!!

I detest toploader...dancing in the moonlight and wake up booo boo radleys .....

But worst of all.... Chelsea Dagger......dodododoodoo....no, die, die, die!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Anything by

U2
    Boomtown rats
    The coronas
    Ed sheerin

I could go on
    But i wont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

anewme wrote: »
    wake up booo boo radleys .....
    It's a shame that people only know The Boo Radleys for this one song. They have so many better songs, e.g

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I'm like a bird Nelly Furtardo- stuck in my head all last week

It's a shame that people only know The Boo Radleys for this one song. They have so many better songs, e.g

One song was more than enough for me thanks.

Wake up boo, me hole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Argh, i just have to dig it up. Uncle Tucker, Follow Me. Besides from being unimaginative, boring, twee and unbelievably dull, it also thinks of itself as a really good song. If i had to crash my car or open my veins to make it stop, I would. It is the Boris Johnson of songs.

Uncle Kracker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Wind beneath my wings (Midler) makes me want to self-immolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

anything by Beyoncé - over played and her suck ups oh I mean her fans bug the crap out of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

'Shine Bright like a diamond' makes me want to kick my cat in the hole for recording such crap under a pseudonym

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

"Nothing going to stop us now" by Starship. Middle of the road American soft rock that still gets played.

Modern day pop, with people all singing in the same style and pausing for a keyboard hook. Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

Mr Sh?teside by the Killers.

I f?cking loathe it. Everytime it comes on in a pub or something, a load of drunk "hold the glass in the air and pretend this is a festival" types blunder the words out. That aside though, the song is still a pain in the stones.

In fact, all of that whingey "brit-pop" stuff is awful. Smell of lager, BO and depression off them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

The Fields of Athenry

Sung by anyone at all.

My Mum (70 years old) goes absolutely ballistic anytime that song.....once I was seven years old....blah blah blah comes on the radio.

She absolutely hates it, said "turn that fn ****e off, even the dogs cant be doing with it! " :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Simply Red - Fairground
    Nathan Carter - Wagon Wheel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

So many but i really dislike all this nasty cheap "hip hop"/rap music thats on the radio these days.People talking about cars/a$$ etc.

Im not really into the hip hop/rap genre but this radio friendly stuff would have Tupac rotating in his grave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

storker wrote: »
    The Fields of Athenry

Sung by anyone at all.

Uggh don't remind me of that song. I remember when it was no.1 for like a year, fell down the charts and went back up to no.1 again a second time. Was that the late 80's? I think ppl must have been addicted to misery back then.

I nominate this song as it reminds of when I moved to the UK , there was recession on and I found it difficult to find a job. Whenever I hear it reminds me of that period of my life. Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman. I fell ill whenever I hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

dgt wrote: »
    Haven't a clue who sings "best day of my life" or whatever it's called, if ever there was a generic pop song pile of crap....
    Heh heh quoting my previous life post
    American Authors - Best Day of My Life

I despise this song with a passion.

That's the hoor of a song from yon hoors!

Since then there's far worse nowadays... Every other hoohaa on the bigger radio stations seems to be a singing whiny sh*tebag, ac*nty a capella covered or autotuned warrior

Repeated to the hilt :(

OneArt wrote: »
    Call Me Maybe (only actually heard it once, thank Buddha)

I smile every time I here Call me maybe for one reason. Next time your on youtube, search for "call me maybe chat roulette". In work so can't link to it.

Advertisement