Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you hate:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

So many...

But here's a few stinkers:

I don't actually know by whom it is, but it's the theme from the equally god-awful Craig Doyle show.

Fun - We Are Young. Sounds miserable as feck, even if the lyrics are supposed to be inspiring or uplifting. Terribly depressing vibe from it.

Terrible cover of Rhythm is a dancer (which is crap anyway) by Bastille. A truly shiit band.

That song that there was a Irish language version of recently with lots of student types in the video. Just terrible, bill. Awful stuff, Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

I dislike alot of songs but my pet hate is any song that contains the lyric "fire" ( which there are thousands) but is sung (and pronounced)....... "Fi-ya".

eg Duran Duran " Dance into the Fi-Ya... or
    Alicia Keys " This girl is on Fi...Ya"

Drives me mad . Pretty much every song that pronounces the word "fire" in this way also happens to be an absolutely terrible song. It's not a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Anything by Kings of Leon. The lead singer sounds like a tone-deaf donkey.

Anything by Elbow, dreary boring ****ehawks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

The Wenger bus is coming....

You're a Manchester United fan aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I dislike alot of songs but my pet hate is any song that contains the lyric "fire" ( which there are thousands) but is sung (and pronounced)....... "Fi-ya".

eg Duran Duran " Dance into the Fi-Ya... or
    Alicia Keys " This girl is on Fi...Ya"

Drives me mad . Pretty much every song that pronounces the word "fire" in this way also happens to be an absolutely terrible song. It's not a coincidence.
    Anything by Kings of Leon. The lead singer sounds like a tone-deaf donkey.

"The Sex is on Fi-Ya"

• Advertisement

Niles wrote: »
    "The Sex is on Fi-Ya"

FI-YAAAAAAH! :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Kesha and Pitbull - Timber

Sounds like something from a ****ty nightclub in a backarse of nowhere town down the country, where lads in GAA shirts go to dance with thick ankled farmer's daughters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I firmly believe that Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke is one of the worst (and most irritating) songs ever written.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Anything by Ellie Goulding, I cant stand when adults speak or sing in little girl voices, there's just something so manipulating about it.

WikiHow wrote: »
    Every song by Ronan Keating, it was bad enough to write and sing his own songs not to mind to ruin other songs that he did a version of.

That bollox ruined two songs that I loved, Cat Stevens Father and son and Tracy Chapman Sorry, I mean what an ego trying to cover two fantastic artist like them.:mad:

• Advertisement

WikiHow wrote: »
    Every song by Ronan Keating, it was bad enough to write and sing his own songs not to mind to ruin other songs that he did a version of.

That bollox ruined two songs that I loved, Cat Stevens Father and son and Tracy Chapman Baby can I hold you tonight, I mean what an ego trying to cover two fantastic artist like them.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jack747

really dislike 'love the way we lie' by rihanna but 'i gotta feeling' has got to be the worst of all time. It's beyond belief how bad that song is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

realies wrote: »
    Although not much on the radio I am by now sick of hearing the fields of athenry being sung at soccer/rugby games.

i hate it as well, its a dreary song about dreary times, can we not adopt a more upbeat song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Pharrell Williams Happy song.. ugh ..It make me nauseous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

lucylu wrote: »
    Pharrell Williams Happy song.. ugh ..It make me nauseous

Yeah its just 10/15 second loop repeated over and over.

My personal most hated is Jason Derulo "talk dirty" and others have mentioned it but Bastille "rhythm of the night" has to be one of the worst, most pointless songs of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

Anything by bastille and pretty much 90% of the top 100 for the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

james142 wrote: »
    Somebody I used to know - Gotye
    Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Lots of songs by the Eagles.....
    especially Hotel California.
    OisinS94 wrote: »
    And the song I hate THE MOST, above ANY other song EVER.

Adele- someone like you. Piss poor!
    Gnarls Barkley - Crazy.
    I almost forgot about this...

Bohemian Rhapsody

I have so many reasons to hate this song. For me Queen represented everything that was wrong with music... ever. I mean, this is just a load of bollocks. It must be one of the most ridiculously overplayed songs of all time and that's probably not going to change any time soon. On top of that the guy I share an office with in work insists on blasting Queen out of his headphones almost continuously, as a result I am subjected to this song more than I'd like to.

What is wrong with you people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭burnhardlanger

I know you want it hey hey hey
    Just wanna get on it hey hey hey
    This songs just crap hey hey hey

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭zarafiq

What Does The Fox Say

This is supposed to be so bad because it is a mockery
    of the current charts s***e.
    Became popular - probably not for the right reasons.
    I find it very funny and refreshing :)

To stay on the subject I really hate Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling".
    They had a decent song or two before this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

jackie1974 wrote: »
    Anything by Ellie Goulding, I cant stand when adults speak or sing in little girl voices, there's just something so manipulating about it.

The exception:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Just_Magic

Chocolate - 1975

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Bohemian Rhapsody, what aload of ****e.....

Any of Eminem's stuff post Encore album. The Eminem of old would have been taking the pi$$ out of the likes of Rihanna and Akon and now he's doing duets with them. What the hell happened to the edgy Eminem who didn't give 2 sh!ts who he pissed off? Now he's just pumping out bland mainstream rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 george_lucas

American pie by don mc lean is my most hated song ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Just_Magic wrote: »
    Chocolate - 1975

Absolutely terrible song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Anything where the singer calls out their name anywhere in the song, Pitbull, Ja Rule, Ne-yo etc.
    Anything by that mutt Rhianna.
    The Script, they're just Westshyte with guitars.
    Any of those greaseball stoners like Greenday, Linkin Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Galway Girl:mad: ****ing tripe

Shine Bright like a Diamond - Shut up Rihanna ye thick

Don't stop believing -

Any glorified Karioke ****e that burns my ears

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I was personally offended to learn that Blurred lines was the most downloaded song in UK pop history ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

I have always hated Toploader's cover of dancing in the moonlight.
    Never listened to the original but would probably hate it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Frito wrote: »
    I have always hated Toploader's cover of dancing in the moonlight.
    Never listened to the original but would probably hate it as well.

I thought Toploader did the original. So there's another version of this godawful song as well! Hope I never hear it.

Absolutely detest that song! Dreadful yoke. Hate Toploader....thank God they have gone away.

Advertisement