Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surviving the winter

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Just made a beef and chorizo casserole, and a lamb and winter veg stew, and butternut squash soup for the week. Winter food is awesome.

What time you want us over at?

I fcuking love chorizo!

What time you want us over at?

I fcuking love chorizo!

Can you light a fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Can you light a fire?

Yes, I'm unreal at it.

So we burn something down then dinner?

Yes, I'm unreal at it.

So we burn something down then dinner?

See you at 6 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

I hate the summer with a passion - even Irish summers are too warm for me.

.. Qué?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

PandaX9 wrote: »
    .. Qué?

They probably live in an igloo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

Take long hot baths and long hot showers. Vit C,D and E. Wrap up..excercise eat healthily and don't get run down. If you feel you need to see your GP ..there is a lamp you can get for the SAD thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Wear a nappy to bed so if nature calls during the night you won't have to endure the psychological and physical trauma of getting out if your warm bed and into the cold, unforgiving night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

I have a fine pelt, the cave is dry.. there is gorse bush with berries leave me be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Living in a place where the winter is a helluva lot colder than Ireland. On the upside, had four or five months of wall to wall sunshine for the summer. Even though there'll be days when my snot will freeze as I'm walking, and the wind will cut through me for a shortcut, I still prefer it to the Irish cycle of Spring rain -April showers-Warm rain-Thunderstorms-Autumn rain-Hailstones-Sleet-Spring rain.

As for survival, nothing like sitting indoors with a bottle of wine and a good box-set, or having a few pints of Guinness by an open fire. And remember, there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

What do you know of fear? Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

PandaX9 wrote: »
    .. Qué?

Some of us have health problems exacerbated by even moderate heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭WanabeOlympian

There is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes. I love winter as much as summer and still go hiking, running in freezing cold and rain etc... but i'm very outdoors type and sporty. If i don't get it, I go mad. Plus sides the bad weather is really refreshing some times :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Good to know I'm not alone.
    I absolutely hate the winter! ...but love christmas time!
    Pretty sure I don't have SAD too,

I don't mind the cold that much.....i actually hate being too hot though, and my house is literally like a sauna every evening, :(

The main thing that gets me is the weather, absolutely hate it when it's cold, windy & damp outside...don't mind it when it's lashing rain, just hate the average days

Oh and not to mention the darkness, ...can't stand it being dark at 5pm!

...it's funny, winter time never usually bothered me, cause I used to be the stay-in kinda guy anyway...but I've become more active lately, and it's really starting to bug me, can't go outside at all, and gyms suck!

Advertisement