Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭dzilla

Seemingly if the grapevine is to believed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Good news at least for Cork Airport! Any further developments regarding our landing strip?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Taken from PPRuNe

"New carrier called Lipican Aer (will also be marketed as Aer Southeast) have applied for a 4 weekly MAN-WAT with Saab 340. Also applied for daily LTN-WAT and 3 weekly BHX-WAT."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭looksee

http://www.lipicanaer.com/en/Saab_340_2_1

The Company's activities are pilots training from the PPL to CPL and ATPL licence the air transport of passengers, goods, the continuing airworthiness of aircraft, aircraft maintenance and travel agency activities.
    I hope their flying is better than their Slovenian/English translation :) Its a bit reminiscent of Suckling airways. Anyway, bring it on, I much prefer to fly out of Waterford!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

How long will this one last?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

JCX BXC wrote: »
    How long will this one last?

Long enough to extend the runway with some luck. Last chance saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

An airline without any current passenger routes doesn't provide much confidence. Hopefully the licence is granted and the routes are a success. Seems a little late in the year for any announcement for summer routes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think, realistically, Waterford airport's role in the future should be that of a general aviation facility catering to private planes and charter flights. It's just too close to Dublin and Cork airports to be properly viable as a commercial airport. I don't think not having regular commercial routes is a hindrance to Waterford as a regional hub. Better road connections to Cork and Limerick are what is needed IMO.

As it is, Ireland has more commercial airports than it needs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

I think at this stage all plans, nice as they might sound for a commercial airport in Waterford should be scrapped. Neither Fianna Fail or Fine Gael will ever invest a penny in the place(but yet goons seem to love them).

A bit of outside the box thinking but build the extended runway and set up a pilot training centre/national aeronautical engineering/mechanic campus. Think at the minute the only place that offers that training is in Spain at 100k a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Sosurface wrote: »
    Neither Fianna Fail or Fine Gael will ever invest a penny in the place(but yet goons seem to love them).

Not sure they love them they are 2 tory parties who just don't fancy each other and it seems folk are confused into thinking over periods of time one is an alternative to the other. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I think at this stage all plans, nice as they might sound for a commercial airport in Waterford should be scrapped. Neither Fianna Fail or Fine Gael will ever invest a penny in the place(but yet goons seem to love them).

A bit of outside the box thinking but build the extended runway and set up a pilot training centre/national aeronautical engineering/mechanic campus. Think at the minute the only place that offers that training is in Spain at 100k a pop.

...A bit of outside the box thinking but build the extended runway .....I think we have a genius here lads...it's amazing none of us thought of that, but it just seems so obvious now sosurface has opened our eyes.

.....a little closer to the box so surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Think at the minute the only place that offers that training is in Spain at 100k a pop.

What training?

Max Powers wrote: »
    ...A bit of outside the box thinking but build the extended runway .....I think we have a genius here lads...it's amazing none of us thought of that, but it just seems so obvious now sosurface has opened our eyes.

.....a little closer to the box so surface.
    Yes build it for use as a training facility. If abandoning ill advised aims for use as another passenger airport that just isnt needed/wont get numbers, it could be self funded eventually by establishing a dedicated aeronautical engineering/aviation R&D campus and training in small commercial aircraft.
    Government handouts are never coming.

Yes build it for use as a training facility. If abandoning ill advised aims for use as another passenger airport that just isnt needed/wont get numbers, it could be self funded eventually by establishing a dedicated aeronautical engineering/aviation R&D campus and training in small commercial aircraft.
    Government handouts are never coming.

Ah here, your are basically repeating same thing...Just build it...self funding....that's just nonsense.the idea ain't bad but you ignoring so many complexities it just can't be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

No way that's a real site.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Prob a bit selfish but a return flight from Waterford to glasgow on 26th/27th Oct would be super convenient for me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

No way that's a real site.

Maybe I'm wrong. Looks like a legit company

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Registrant Contact Information:
    Name Einar Adalsteinsson
    Organization Skytruckers
    Address 12314 Gainsborough Dr.
    CityHouston
    State / Province Texas
    Postal Code 77031
    Country US
    Phone +1.53787737
    Email

Skytruckers Limited was set up on Thursday the 9th of March 2017. Their current address is Killowen, and the company status is Normal. The company's current director Einar Adalsteinsson has been the director of 0 other Irish companies.

Former technician and engineer now Director for an aviation investor (ABL Aviation) in NY.

Long termer, not some blow in but I'd be skeptical of them getting a sustainable passenger base.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The planes pictured on their website won't be landing there any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Somebody taking a chance, best of luck to them

News very soon according to WAT facebook page.

It's in this week's news and star.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Max Powers wrote: »
    It's in this week's news and star.

what did they say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what did they say ?

I saw a tweet yesterday that the Luton service would start up again in the near future. That's all I know right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Routes announcement today!

Waterford to Birmingham Manchester and Luton is back

From July 24

Waterford based airline called Aer southeast

Saab aircraft

Best of luck to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Deiseen

dzilla wrote: »
    Waterford to Birmingham Manchester and Luton is back

From July 24

Waterford based airline called Aer southeast

Saab aircraft

Best of luck to all involved
    Link? Any more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

• Advertisement

Deiseen wrote: »
    Link? Any more info?

What more "info" do you want? I gave you the the 3 cities to be serviced/ the dates/ the airline and even the aircraft maker.

Advertisement