Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think it is only the Luton flights available today, the others will follow shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Has anyone booked flights yet ?. On the website any dates I put in shows none available.
    It appears to not be working correctly. Website seems very flakey.

Has anyone booked flights yet ?. On the website any dates I put in shows none available.
    It appears to not be working correctly. Website seems very flakey.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Are you booking after July 24th? No flights before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Deiseen wrote: »
    I think check in still closes 45 mins before take off. I'd only aim to be in Dublin 2 hours before because of any potential issues on the way up really.

That's true but I'd be wary of showing up in Dublin unless you're there 2 hours before. Most of the time, you'd be fine but if the security queues are long, you can find the time going fairly quickly. As you say, there's always a risk of a delay I Dublin. Or maybe I'm just too cautious:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

That's exactly what I found too. Either they've been incredibly successful and are booked out already or there's a glitch on their website. Or I'm f*cking up my search:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭dzilla

they should remove the "search" function for departure and destination. A drop down would be perfect and less clunky. Its not as if they will have 30 or so destinations going forward so a the list is not exhaustive. A drop down menu is more user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

The airport Facebook says that the site is down but they're working on it. Not a good start!

Looks like quite a rush job.

Let's hope it's traffic volumes that caused it to crash :)

Edit: Extra security protocol, looks more like a cyber attack

The site made by a company who deliver booking engines for small airlines with niche and limited destinations, the website is perfect for a small operation trying to maximize profit without all the add on's associated with low fares websites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Are you booking after July 24th? No flights before then.

Yeah trying September flights.

yml5ldS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

No dates in August available for me either. Are they all sold out or is the site just not working properly??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭914

Not off to a good start, WLR reporting at 12 today, that the airline had to stop selling tickets as they do not have a licence.

914 wrote: »
    Not off to a good start, WLR reporting at 12 today, that the airline had to stop selling tickets as they do not have a licence.

A license for what? Either way that is really not good....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭914

A license for what? Either way that is really not good....

They said a "Tour" licence. Not sure what that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

914 wrote: »

The whole thing so far seems really premature. Announcing flights before the website was up and running, saying three routes are starting but only selling Luton at the start which is a contradiction to the intial headlines, just over a months notice for the first flight when many book much further in advance, website going down almost straight away with what looks like a security attack hence the I'm not a robot checks to get into the website and now unable to book a flight due to not having a licence. It's almost like they want it to fail!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Probably a tour operator's licence. No-one can sell airline tickets other than the airline itself (if it has an operating license itself) or someone holding a tour operator's licence, which is specific to the state - so Aer Southeast would need an Irish one to sell tickets ex Waterford, and another to sell tickets ex UK.

Very poor for a service that needs everything available to it to get off the ground. It's causing it's fail before it begins.

Very poor for a service that needs everything available to it to get off the ground. It's causing it's fail before it begins.

You called it

I can actually feel how much you want this venture to fail through my computer. I'll bet you'll be popping the champagne when it folds up and people lose their jobs.

• Advertisement

I can actually feel how much you want this venture to fail through my computer. I'll bet you'll be popping the champagne when it folds up and people lose their jobs.

I want nothing but the opposite, I've vested interests in waterford and would love for this to succeed, sadly you can't see past fantasy it seems.

And people losing their jobs? Explain to me who will be losing their jobs? Seems like a very poor arguement for keeping a service that isn't viable. Don't the inefficient state companies use this excuse?

I want nothing but the opposite, I've vested interests in waterford and would love for this to succeed, sadly you can't see past fantasy it seems.

And people losing their jobs? Explain to me who will be losing their jobs? Seems like a very poor arguement for keeping a service that isn't viable. Don't the inefficient state companies use this excuse?

Whats the fantasy? Everyone on here knows what the company is up against and has stated the booking thing is a major mishap, including myself. You on the other hand have contributed nothing other than saying that its foolish and they well never succeed.

As for the jobs. I'm sure the company is run by bots and has absolutely no one working for it at the moment.

Whats the fantasy? Everyone on here knows what the company is up against and has stated the booking thing is a major mishap, including myself. You on the other hand have contributed nothing other than saying that its foolish and they well never succeed.

As for the jobs. I'm sure the company is run by bots and has absolutely no one working for it at the moment.

The only problem you seem to have is that I don't have the same opinion as you. Respectfully, take off the rose tinted glasses and look at the service. The chances of it succeeding are low, mishaps (already), no known name, high prices and low frequency. All things bad for a service. Without a big money pool this service has no chance of success, I suppose we'll find out soon enough how big the money pool is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hitting National News now;
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/irish-airline-to-stop-selling-tickets-because-they-do-not-have-licence-795219.html

It does strike me as odd that they'd launch a service, media and advertising, selling tickets and then have to stop selling tickets because they didn't have all the boxes ticked in order to operate.

Just would have assumed this would have all been covered before they launched.

Quite disappointing, not the start the service needed.

Quite disappointing, not the start the service needed.

You seem to know a bit more than most. Do you know if this is something that can't be sorted relatively quick?

You seem to know a bit more than most. Do you know if this is something that can't be sorted relatively quick?

I don't know what arrangement they plan to have, so no frankly I don't have a clue sorry.

Even if it is sorted, that's damage to sales and PR already. Hopefully they sort it soon.

Anyway, If you're to take an optimistic approach to it it may result in more people hearing about the airline, the old Ryanair approach of all PR is good PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Masala

If they taking people's money... I guess they will need some Bonds lodged with CAR. Tgat would mean getting a bank to back up same ... meaning you will need guarantees given... meaning backers putting assets/ property up as collateral.

As Richard Branson always said when asked 'how do u become a Millionaire' and the reply was start out a Billionaire and buy an airline!!!

gawd... this is a silly money business. Very easy to lose you shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

It's like any regulatory requirement: as long as you have all your documentation in order - and an insurance bond in place - then it's fairly straightforward.

But the fact that they didn't seem to know that they needed a TOL is strange, as it's one of the first things anyone embarking on this kind of project learns.

Contrary to what's frequently said on any of these threads, there's a great advantage to these kind of split operations, with the commercial side kept separate to the AOC. It keeps all the financial risk associated with operating the business away from the costs of maintaining and operating the aircraft. We'd have a much healthier regional airline network in Europe if ticket selling "virtual" airlines were encouraged, rather than obstructed (and constantly criticised on the internet! :p )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

It's like any regulatory requirement: as long as you have all your documentation in order - and an insurance bond in place - then it's fairly straightforward.

But the fact that they didn't seem to know that they needed a TOL is strange, as it's one of the first things anyone embarking on this kind of project learns.

Contrary to what's frequently said on any of these threads, there's a great advantage to these kind of split operations, with the commercial side kept separate to the AOC. It keeps all the financial risk associated with operating the business away from the costs of maintaining and operating the aircraft. We'd have a much healthier regional airline network in Europe if ticket selling "virtual" airlines were encouraged, rather than obstructed (and constantly criticised on the internet! :p )

I then would ask who is running the show out there and why were they not aware of all necessities prior to the re-launch?
    After this I would sack them as it explains thoroughly the reasons for our governments reluctance to invest in the future of Waterford Airport!

Advertisement