Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer dies after shooting in Armagh.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gratzi22

No surrender to what you twat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Gratzi22 wrote: »
    No surrender to what you twat?
    No Surrender for the orange state! Oh wait.... that was surrendered, gone forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭apache

New recruits were training there this week. That can be seen on emergency services thread. They are taking on a lot in the north but still a freeze down the south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

ColeTrain wrote: »
    So a prison officer could rape, beat, torture and commit the worst atrocities known to man and you would still reckon under no circumstance they would deserve a bulllet ? I'm willing to bet you wouldn't have the same viewpoint if a Republican was murdered, even though he might not have done a quarter of the bad deeds.

Your viewpoint is too righteous and is just as blinded as the other extreme.

As for this case we don't know the ins and outs so speculation is pointless until some facts are established.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WOULD THEY DESERVE A BULLET.
    ANY prisoner who makes a complaint against an officer or regime is investigated thouroughly.
    What you are talking about happened years ago. They are strip searched for a reason and its all documented now and medics are informed.
    Where are you getting your information from? It sounds like you believe all the lies you are fed. We had the inspector of prisons in and his report was published recently. All blatant lies by the inmates. They were laughing behind his back. So a damning report based on lies.
    These days officers are investigated more than prisoners!
    Anyway what you are saying makes no sense. Hes in the job 30 years due to retire. If he was heavyhanded it would have been years ago. You can't touch them now (you only have to see racks of charges and suspended sentences and power and respect taken away from guards to see that) so why wait till now to murder him?

Things have to be done by the book nowadays. There are investigations otherwise. Don't believe everything you hear!

I am going to humour you because you are obviously trying to give republican spin on boards. But IF lets say there was rape going on ....murder is the stupidest thing you could do. Because it changes NOTHING...it makes no sense....and there is a system in place to deal with such claims.

And it is nonsense.

Look The ROI has no sympathy for these people and you are not going to whip any up.

Honestly if you had heard what some people in the ROI had WANTED to do to these scum you not be trying.

Whether it be republicans or loyalists. They are trying to wreck the peace process pure and simple.

It makes no sense to kill a PO in response to abuse. Because that would make it worse. Treatment would be tighter. I am sick of paramilitary spin for scum.

YOU SHOULD BE OUTRIGHT CONDEMNING THIS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

Dubhlinner wrote: »
    Just to focus on this Catholic part of your post. Big misunderstanding mate

The so called 'dissidents' are a piss poor imitation of the provos. (who ultimately failed their goals)

They are a highly infiltrated organisation on both sides of the border and the vast vast majority of their operations fail. Their total number of "successful" operations wouldn't make a busy month in the 80s.

They therfore do not have the luxury of selecting targets on sectarian lines.

There's been a lot of talk that they target Catholics to stop catholics joining the psni.

Well eh newsflash the psni haven't been recruiting for years. Furthermore there are thousands of catholics in the psni already. That ship has sailed

It is only incidental the two policmen killed were catholics.

Ronan Kerr - yes obviously he was specifically targeted. He likely had Catholic friends and therefore more likely someone from a republican group could find a way to get intelligence on him. Then they probably noticed wasn't overly cautious about checking his car for bombs.

Stephen Carroll they had no way of knowing his religion. They made a fake police call and a sniper murdered him from a distance when they arrived.

There have been several attacks planned against targets where they'd have no way of knowing the individals involved.(rocket and bomb attacks on moving patrol cars etc)

This man was targeted because he was a prison officer. Whether there was a protest on or not his life would have been at risk. Militant republicans see any member of the security forces as a target.

The provos killed civillian contractors repairing army bases

They once even killed someone for handing out census forms and tried to justify it by claiming they were serving the British state.

This is the kind of mentality we are dealing with.

Given the summer that's in it and the background of the man I'd reckon we may well see a retaliation murder here.

When some unfortunate Catholic is found beaten to a bloody corpse by loyalists; the group who carried out this attack today will have to accept they are indirectly responsible for it.

I take what you're saying. And i agree with you they come up with ridiculous excuses and THAT is what is happening here and it drives me mad.

There is no reason for this it is just lies. He was by all accounts a good decent PO and he could have been an angel and it would not have mattered.

They need to be crushed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭apache

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WOULD THEY DESERVE A BULLET.

I am going to humour you because you are obviously trying to give republican spin on boards. But IF lets say there was rape going on ....murder is the stupidest thing you could do. Because it changes NOTHING...it makes no sense....and there is a system in place to deal with such claims.

And it is nonsense.

Look The ROI has no sympathy for these people and you are not going to whip any up.

Honestly if you had heard what some people in the ROI had WANTED to do to these scum you not be trying.

Whether it be republicans or loyalists. They are trying to wreck the peace process pure and simple.

It makes no sense to kill a PO in response to abuse. Because that would make it worse. Treatment would be tighter. I am sick of paramilitary spin for scum.

YOU SHOULD BE OUTRIGHT CONDEMNING THIS.
    Have no idea what thats got to do with what i posted. Can't follow at all.....its just half sentences and talking about they and them whoever they or them are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They've arrested Colin "look at me I'm the new Bobby sands" Duffy

• Administrators Posts: 53,567 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Quelle surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I for one like going shopping in the north and do not appreciate RIRA head trying to continue a war a war nobody cares about. its only a matter of time before Irish people from the Republic get killed in one of their 'heroic acts'.

scumbags like that should be shunned on the street. him and his mates cannot burn don every shop and pub that refuses to serve him and his kind.

Mad that they've arrested Colin Duffy, there was no way this was him. Someone like that, so high profile, is under constant surveillance, phone tapping etc. They're probably mad to get him after he was found innocent over the killing of the two soldiers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

GRMA wrote: »
    Mad that they've arrested Colin Duffy, there was no way this was him. Someone like that, so high profile, is under constant surveillance, phone tapping etc. They're probably mad to get him after he was found innocent over the killing of the two soldiers.
    I know, it's great isn't it :-) one more scum bag of our streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

RIP to David Black, murdered by deluded Republicans who will never get what they want. We are thinking of you tonight David. No Surrender.

You sad, brain damaged, little person.

gallag wrote: »
    I know, it's great isn't it :-) one more scum bag of our streets.
    I prefer to have a society were proper process is followed, trials etc.Not a fan of internment.

He spent ages in jail for something which he was innocent of.

I prefer to have a society were proper process is followed, trials etc.Not a fan of internment.

He spent ages in jail for something which he was innocent of.
    That's what happens when you hang around in the circles he does. Have to say I have no sympathy.

awec wrote: »
    That's what happens when you hang around in the circles he does. Have to say I have no sympathy.
    So people should be jailed for the company they keep, ie other republicans?

Do you have sympathy for his lawyer who was murdered in collusion with state forces? Or is that grand also because of the "company she kept"?

So people should be jailed for the company they keep, ie other republicans?

Do you have sympathy for his lawyer who was murdered in collusion with state forces? Or is that grand also because of the "company she kept"?

Do you think the police went through the phone book, and randomly picked out his name as a person who needs to be watched?

Your second point is irrelevant in this topic.

Anyway, he'll be released today / tomorrow. Arrested for questioning, pretty standard fare.

Do you think the police went through the phone book, and randomly picked out his name as a person who needs to be watched?

Your second point is irrelevant in this topic.

Anyway, he'll be released today / tomorrow. Arrested for questioning, pretty standard fare.
    They've been trying to jail him for years by stitching him up after they messed up an effort to have him murdered. They only wounded him but killed his friend.

Since then he has been tried for murder something like three times, and been found innocent each time. In a jury-less British court.

I don't know if he'll be released, generally they charge them for something which will never stand up in court, then keep them on remand for ages, then drop the charges before the trial and let them go free. Its internment basically.

They've been trying to jail him for years by stitching him up after they messed up an effort to have him murdered. They only wounded him but killed his friend.

Since then he has been tried for murder something like three times, and been found innocent each time. In a jury-less British court.

I don't know if he'll be released, generally they charge them for something which will never stand up in court, then keep them on remand for ages, then drop the charges before the trial and let them go free. Its internment basically.
    So that's a "yes, Colin Duffy was picked randomly out of the phone book to be harassed by police" then?

There is a reason the courts have no jury by the way. It's a valid one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Colin Duffy has walked away from 5 murder trials, he's a prominent dissident in Lurgan and would be obviously among the first arrested for questioning, released or stiched up, maybe he'll stand trial for a 6th murder and walk free again?Conditions in Maghaberry are inhumane, have been for a while, that's why Mr Black was shot, he was a senior officer and mostly would have sanctioned such treatment or at least turned a blind eye to it, he was also a member of the sectarian orange order, so any nationalist under his "care" would have been less than equal to his dog. Colin Duffy was on dirty protest there and "maybe" had a grudge against Black and the rest of the staff. This disabled man had to crawl around for not being able to pay a £300 motoring fine, denied his medication, AA books and photo's by staff, if they treat people like that, expect a bullet, they know the risks of just being a prison officer, but treating people as badly as you possibly can while they spend their time with you just increases your chances of somebody coming looking for revenge.
    My ‘jail hell’ The North’s Justice Minister David Ford is facing calls for an immediate investigation after a severely disabled North West man spent “four days of hell” in Maghaberry prison for non-payment of £300 of motoring fines dating back five years.Harry Arbuckle, who walks with the aid of a frame, was denied access to vital medication for the duration of his stay in jail last week which placed his physical and mental health in serious jeopardy, Strabane Sinn Fein Councillor Karina Breslin has said.Mr Arbuckle, a recovering alcoholic with a history of depression and self-harm, said he feared for his sanity and took solace in prayer after pleading in vain with prison staff to bring him his inhalers and urgent medication prescribed by his GP.He was also forced to share a first floor landing cell with no disabled access, toilet or washing facilities during which he had to climb stairs and get down on his hands and knees “like a dog” to get into a bottom bunk.Speaking to the ‘Journal’ from his home in Strabane, Mr Arbuckle said prison staff wouldn’t even bring him his AA books and a photo of his only grandchild which were his “lifelines”. http://www.derryjournal.com/news/local/my-jail-hell-1-3705964
    http://thepensivequill.am/2012/06/maghaberry-escalation.htmlI dont really care about Mr Black, he was most probably a sadistic bastard anyway.

http://thepensivequill.am/2012/10/when-i-thought-i-couldnt-be-shocked.html

Worth a read.

A number of TDs will be visiting the jail in a few weeks who will then report on it

• Advertisement

http://thepensivequill.am/2012/10/when-i-thought-i-couldnt-be-shocked.html

Worth a read.

A number of TDs will be visiting the jail in a few weeks who will then report on it
    I'll ask again, am I supposed to feel sympathy for people in prison for being terrorists?

These people are members of organisations that plot to murder people.

If the people that murdered Mr Black are sent to prison and given rough treatment, am I supposed to express sympathy? :confused:

If these "people" want to be treated like human beings, then they should start acting like human beings.

I'll ask again, am I supposed to feel sympathy for people in prison for being terrorists?

These people are members of organisations that plot to murder people.

If the people that murdered Mr Black are sent to prison and given rough treatment, am I supposed to express sympathy? :confused:

If these "people" want to be treated like human beings, then they should start acting like human beings.
    We're not all as shortsighted as yourself. treating them very badly in jail does no good for anyone except those groups as it provides excellent recruitment propaganda.

They are not all convicted either, you have people like Gerry McGeough who supports the peace process in there too, as well as people on remand.

What good did treating people in Long Kesh in the 70s and 80s like utter ****e do? None, it just helped the IRA recruit and get more attention.

We're not all as shortsighted as yourself. treating them very badly in jail does no good for anyone except those groups as it provides excellent recruitment propaganda.

They are not all convicted either, you have people like Gerry McGeough who supports the peace process in there too, as well as people on remand.

What good did treating people in Long Kesh in the 70s and 80s like utter ****e do? None, it just helped the IRA recruit and get more attention.

So, your real concern here is that this aids IRA recruitment, as opposed to some sort of sympathetic view toward those inside?

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one though! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

If people inside are being treated badly, then of course their conditions must be improved and questions must be asked.As for PoW status - bobbins, we've long since moved on from a "war". Only the dizzies and random loyalists wish to continue the conflict, the rest of NI and the Republic want peace.

So, your real concern here is that this aids IRA recruitment, as opposed to some sort of sympathetic view toward those inside?

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one though! :)
    Yes!

Although I have sympathy for Gerry McGeough because he was a major player in the peace process and his imprisonment is in violation of multiple agreements between the Irish and British govts, like the Weston Park agreement.

Politically I have no time for his right wing catholic politics. As for the politics of the other prisoners, I dont agree with them whatsoever!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

I have to say I dont agree with his politics at all , but I think its obvious Colin Duffy likely had nothing to do with this and should be released immediately.

He was imprisoned for 3 years for Maaserene and only released in January 2012 when he was cleared of all charges because the DNA evidence against him was planted.
    The man has been charged and acquitted with 5 murders in 20 years and served nearly years on remand. Its against human rights, internment plane and simple.

Look for information obviously he would be first you would look at, but for the actual crime I think not. His family deserve better.

And why was his name released to media despite not being charged, yet the other mans name wasnt? They could at least make their agendas less obvious !

I have to say I dont agree with his politics at all , but I think its obvious Colin Duffy likely had nothing to do with this and should be released immediately.

He was imprisoned for 3 years for Maaserene and only released in January 2012 when he was cleared of all charges because the DNA evidence against him was planted.
    The man has been charged and acquitted with 5 murders in 20 years and served nearly years on remand. Its against human rights, internment plane and simple.

Look for information obviously he would be first you would look at, but for the actual crime I think not. His family deserve better.

And why was his name released to media despite not being charged, yet the other mans name wasnt? They could at least make their agendas less obvious !

He was not cleared because the evidence was planted ffs. He was cleared for insufficient evidence. Totally different.

It isn't right what has happened with Colin Duffy.

The RUC/state tried to kill him in collusion with loyalists, they gunned him and a friend down outside a police station but Duffy survived.

They then tried to pin numerous murders on him, he was found innocent. Then again the state engaged in collusion and murdered his lawyer Rosemary Nelson.

Then they tried again to pin murders on him. Again he is innocent.

He spent many years in jail as an innocent man. No wonder he hates the system.

Is this them trying again?

Regardless of what you think of the guy there are questions to be asked over his treatment.

Advertisement