Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Chivito550 wrote: »
    You can’t compare times run in Nenagh to times run on proper tracks in Abbotstown and Athlone.
    I suppose but other people managed to run pb's so.......
    Mulberry wrote: »
    +1 to what Ivory Tower and Chivito said.

Also: you were frozen in Nenagh, you just can't sprint properly when you're cold.

Also, yes I suspect you were over confident in the 400!

Every race is a step in the journey to arrive and compete at your best, physically and mentally, on Leinster + National Day in lovely warm NIA / AIT, hopefully in Lanes 3, 4 or 5! Onwards and upwards.

Thanks Ro onwards and upwards is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I'm running pbs all season because im new to running 800s, everyone is different. If I had of kept running 400s id have been delighted to get an indoor pb by the end of indoors, different situations and all that.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I'm running pbs all season because im new to running 800s, everyone is different. If I had of kept running 400s id have been delighted to get an indoor pb by the end of indoors, different situations and all that.

Can't argue with that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Thanks Ro onwards and upwards is right!

Maybe their PBs are soft and come Nationals or wherever they’ll lower them again.

I remember talking to a lad a few years ago and he said he kept record of separate PBs for each lane in Nenagh for the 200m such was the disparity between the lanes. He had 22.3 for lane 4, 23.3 for lane 1. Enough said.

You can’t compare times run in Nenagh to times run on proper tracks in Abbotstown and Athlone.
    Maybe their PBs are soft and come Nationals or wherever they’ll lower them again.

I remember talking to a lad a few years ago and he said he kept record of separate PBs for each lane in Nenagh for the 200m such was the disparity between the lanes. He had 22.3 for lane 4, 23.3 for lane 1. Enough said.

There are rumours around that Munsters are going to be moved to Athlone next year. That would be great :D

• Advertisement

WeFeb 11th - Feb 15th

Monday:

Nothing much. Just walked to and from Heuston. I don't remember being particularly sore or tired

Tuesday:

Run: 20min
    Along the quays. A homeless person spat at me as I ran past :(

Gym: 90 min
    I leave my car at the gym in the morning and walk to the train station so that makes me more likely to go to the gym on the way home. I did a good session starting with plyometrics then deadlifts 4*4 @ 110kg, belt squats @ 85kg and other stuff.

Wednesday:
    Run: 45 min
    Joined a lunchtime run group from work. We ran along the canal. My watch says we did 6.7k but I don't know if that's accurate because it didn't pick up a signal for ages. I ran to Heuston after work as well. It took 15min

Thursday:

PM: Track
    2* (650m 3minR 350m 2.5minR 350m 2.5min R 650m) 6 min between sets
    Target times 650 in 2:55, 350 in 74 - 76
    Actual time
    Set1: 2:48, 77, 74, 2:55
    Set2: 2:52, 72, 70, not completed calf cramp

I didn't have a watch but the others said we ran those times. There was a group of 7 or 8 of us and it took us a couple of reps to get the timing right. The first 650 was too fast, the first 350 a bit slow. I mostly sat at the back of the group except for the last 350 which I lead. It's fast cause one of the seniors who runs middle distance tried to sprint past me at the end. I should have just let her go but I just find that super annoying so we sprinted flat out up the home straight but she couldn't pass me. I paid for it on the last 650 though cause halfway through I felt a sharp dart through my calf. I tried to run through it but when it happened a second time nearly straight afterwards I pulled up. I think it was the start of a cramp rather than a tear because it was a bit cold last night and I did a really slow cool down lap and it was fine. It doesn't feel sore today either but I have another track session with the club on Saturday so I'll see how it is then. I was debating whether I should go to the NIA next Tuesday but I think it's probably a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

I was just catching up on all your adventures K. You holiday down under sounds amazing and very tiring. its on my bucket list for when I retire (in 6 years:D)

good luck with the new job and all the running plans for this year.

Thanks Anne. I've been following your log updates also. I hope you get sorted and back running. There's nothing as bad as having to rest :(

I twisted my ankle warming up for the track session this morning. I'm so cross with myself. I was messing around trying to do the carioca drill too quickly and I went right over on my ankle. I iced it straight away and put it in a bucket of cold water for nearly an hour but it's still quite swollen. I've switched to heat therapy now and at that's got rid of some of the pain at least. Fingers crossed I haven't done too much damage and I won't miss too much training :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

I twisted my ankle warming up for the track session this morning. I'm so cross with myself. I was messing around trying to do the carioca drill too quickly and I went right over on my ankle. I iced it straight away and put it in a bucket of cold water for nearly an hour but it's still quite swollen. I've switched to heat therapy now and at that's got rid of some of the pain at least. Fingers crossed I haven't done too much damage and I won't miss too much training :(

Balls........ fingers crossed for you.

• Advertisement

Feb 16th - Mar 19th:

Time for me to reflect on the last month. My ankle injury was/is more serious than I thought it would be. Over 4 weeks later and it's still swollen. Obviously I missed National indoors which was a big disappointment but my main concern now is trying to get fit for outdoors. I've missed so much training and I still can't run any distance. I've tried but it doesn't feel right and I don't want to push too hard on it when the swelling is still there. I haven't had it x-rayed but I'm pretty sure it's just soft tissue damage. The timeline for ankle sprains is 4 - 6 weeks so I'll give it another couple of weeks before I start panicking too much. I think I'll need at least 4 - 6 weeks base training when I do start running again just to get my run fitness back to where it needs to be.

Here's what I have done:
    Sat Feb 23rd Gym Main work was deadlifts 3*4 @90kg and belt squats 3*10 @ 50/60/70kg.
    I wasn't sure how the ankle would react and it wasn't great doing the deadlifts but the squats felt fine

Sun Feb 24th Bike 90km @25km/hr
    My ankle was fine for the first couple of hours but it started to get sore then and I got dropped from the group.

Wed Feb 27th Gym. Main work was deadlifts 3*4 @60kg and belt squats 3*10 @ 80 kg My ankle hurt doing the deadlifts so I stayed at the warm up weight. Squats were good.

Sun Mar 3rd Bike 29km @ 27km/hr plus 15km warmup/cool down. It was wet and there was only 4 of us out. We did a lap of the club's race route. It was hard work but that's my fastest average speed so I was happy. I fixed the angle of my right cleat because my right to was pointing out too much

Mar 4th - 10th I started back walking to and from the station and I did an 11k route on the Sunday to give me 41km for the week. I didn't go to the gym because my ankle was sore after the session last Wednesday. I was sick on Saturday/Sunday so I didn't go on the group bike on Sunday

Mar 11th - 19th
    Still sick. Did lots of walking ~ 43km

Tues 12th Gym deadlifts 4*4 @ 100kg belt squats 3*10 @ 80kd plus 5 @ 80kg with 3 sec pause. I tried doing some plyos which maybe wasn't the best idea because my ankle was a bit sore in the evening. The next day I forgot to bring my flat shoes to work so I had to wear heels and but the end of the day my ankle was so sore.

Sat 16th Bike turbo intervals

ahr:143 max:175

5min easy
    30 sec hard 30 sec moderate x 4
    1 min easy
    1 min hard 30 sec moderate x 4
    1 min easy
    45 sec hard 15 sec easy x 3
    2 min easy

There was an option for me to go out on the bike but it was raining and I was still sick so I set up the bike on the turbo

Sun 17th 40min on the mountain bike

Mon 18th Long walk (~13k) and then a session on the turbo in the evening. Intervals first and then 10min tempo
    Intervals:
    ahr:143 max:172

5 min Wu
    10 x 40sec hard 20 sec easy
    5 min cd

Bike turbo tempo 10min
    ahr:151 max:157
    10 min cool down

Mar 19th - Apr 1st

My ankle is still .... Well I guess the best way to describe it is that it's still not normal. It's over 6 weeks since I twisted it on the track and it's still quite enlarged right in front of the bone. I notice a bit of a reaction in it after a gym session. So it might be sore in the evening but it's fine the next day. I think this is ok but I'm limiting my gym work to once a week. The bike work is keeping me sane. I'm super happy with the 100k bike ride I did on the 24th. It was tough. Seemed like a headwind all the way. I was definitely in the red for most of that 3 hours and one of the guys let me sit on his wheel for about 10k near the finish but my average speed was 27.1km/hr which is really fast for me. I'm also doing heaps of walking. It's one of the best things about my job. I walk in the morning, a lot days I walk at lunch and I walk in the evenings. I flew to Spain last Friday and I've been doing some amazing hikes in the mountains around El Chorro and El Torcal. My ankle gives out at times but it doesn't seem too bad. And I've been testing it a lot especially today. Jumping up and down of rocks etc etc. I'm doing a half marathon in the mountains in May so I need to start running this week. Tomorrow I'm hiking along the Caminito del Rey. The views are supposed to be awesome and then flying home tomorrow night.

Wed Mar 20th Gym
    Deadlifts 4*4@100
    Belt squats 3*8@85 + 5@80 with 3 sec pause
    Watt bike 10*30sec

Sun Mar 24th
    Bike 100km including 84.19 km 3:06:42 (27.1 kph)
    ahr:149 max:175

Also walked 31km this week

Tues Mar 26th
    Bike turbo intervals 45min
    ahr:148 max:173

6*(2min effort, 3min easy) + 5 min hard tempo

Thurs Mar 28th Gym

Tbdl 4*4@110
    One armed db press 3*8@17.5kg

Belt squats 3*8@85 + 5@85 w 3sec pause
    Sldl 3*10@10
    Press row 3*12@L6

Split squats 2*8@45 + 5@40 w 3sec pause
    Birddog row 3*12@15
    Hip thrust 2*10@50

Sat/Sun/Mon Hiking
    Approx 27km and 13hrs around the mountains in Spain.
    Also walked 36km this week

Are you doing the usual ankle strengthening stuff every day? My angle was bullet proof after a few weeks of it

Angle? Ankle :)

Are you doing the usual ankle strengthening stuff every day? My angle was bullet proof after a few weeks of it

No not religiously :o It's actually improved lot in the last couple of days but ya I probably need to do that stuff every day

Apr 2nd - Apr 21st

Tues Apr 2nd

Last day in Spain. I walked the Caminito del Rey and then got the train to Malaga and walked around there for a bit before heading to the airport for my flight home.

Thurs Apr 4th

Run: to the station ~3k

Fri Apr 5th

Run: to the station ~3k. Same as yesterday.

Sat Apr 6th

Run: 4k in 25 min

Bike: Intervals
    ahr:138 max:165

6*2min effort + 5 min T (av HR 157)
    GCN vO2 max session

Sun Apr 7th

Bike: 46k (28k race lap @ 25.4kph)
    There was just my brother and I out for this. It was really hard work to keep the pace up with just the two of us and the wind and I was a bit knackered. My right knee was sore on the cool down

Run total: 10k
    Walk/trek: 46k
    Bike: 46k

Tues Apr 9th

14k W/u
    2*400m sprints
    3*2k @100%; effort x, x, 3:37
    14k C/d

This was the first night of the club intervals. We go off in 10 sec intervals with the fastest cyclists first so there's no drafting unless you can catch up to the guy in front. I messed up my watch splits but Paddy who was in the car timed my last one so I have that anyway. I didn't wear my HR monitor but these are really hard work

Thurs Apr 11th
    Gym
    Tbdl 4*4@110
    One armed db press 3*8@17.5kg

Belt squats 3*8@85 + 5@80 w 3sec pause
    Sldl 3*8@12
    Press row 3*12@L6

Split squats 2*8@45 + 5@40 w 3sec pause
    Birddog row 3*12@15

Hip thrust 2*10@50
    Wheel roll 3×8
    Watt bike 6 x 30sec >400watts 30sec rec

Fri Apr 12th

I have a note that my ankle was sore today. The gym seems to aggravate it

Sat Apr 13th

Run: 10k @ 6:29/k

Sun Apr 14th

My first complete rest day in 2 weeks. I was going to go out on the club bike but it was really windy and spilling rain and I went back to bed instead :D

Run total: 16.5k
    Walk: 22k
    Bike: ~40k
    Gym x 1

Mon Apr 15th

I had to drop my car into the garage so while I was waiting for it to be serviced I went to the leisure centre

Swim: 1.3k I think. I kind of lost track

Run: treadmill hill repeats 5.7k in 35min

Tues Apr 16th

Bike intervals 2:02:50 45.94 km (22.4 kph)
    ahr:130 max:178

40 min Wu with 3*400m sprints
    4*2k in 3:35, 3:32, 3:27, 3:28 Rec ~3min
    45 min cd

I was super happy with my times - all faster than last week off a much shorter recovery and 4 2k reps instead of 3

Wed Apr 17th

Run: 5k @ 6:42/k

Thurs Apr 18th

Run: 5k @ 6:38/k

Fri Apr 19th

Run: 10.46k @ 5:59/k

Sat Apr 20th

Run: 10.66k @ 6:08/k

Sun Apr 21st

Rest :D

Run total: 36k
    Walk: 21k
    Bike: 46k

The 2 10k runs were with my brother. I wanted to do a longer run but I was worried about putting too much load on my ankle. It's not perfect. It's a bit stiff starting off and it loosens out after a couple of miles but I have to be careful to always place my foot flat on the ground. Last night it was a bit sore after the 10k but it wasn't any worse today and it's fine now. It's 9 weeks since I injured it so I figure I might as well increase the load a bit. I may have slightly overdone it this week though. That's why I need to log my training :o

Apr 22nd - Apr 28th

Monday:

Run: 3.5k
    Went out for a run but didn't feel brilliant so I decided to scrap it and go out on my bike instead

Bike: 73.3k in 2:54
    Felt great on the bike. Held 27.3k for the first hour. The wind was in my favour but I had no draft. The next 30k was more diffcult with the wind and my pace dropped to 25.5kph and the last 16k I just cruised home

Tuesday:

Run 3k ~ 15min
    Nearly missed my train. Had to sprint down the quays

Bike: 22k
    My car wheel was punctured so had to cycle to the station and get my dad to drop the wheel into the garage

ahr:135 max:177

40 min w/u with sprints
    4 x 2k @ 3:20, 3:15, 3:24, 3:15
    40 min c/d

Really happy with these. Faster than last week and I didn't have any draft

Wednesday

Run: 3k ~ 20min

Thursday:

Bike MTB: 22k
    Had to cycle to the train station again because the stupid wheel of my car was flat again last night. Had to get a new tire :(

Friday:

Rest

Saturday:

Run: 10m @ 8:50/mi
    My ankle was a bit sore for the first mile but once it loosened out I felt pretty comfortable. My legs felt good but I was tired after it

Sunday:

Bike: 74.82k in 3:05
    This was with the club. We were supposed to do a longer, hilly route but there was only 5 of us out and 3 of the others wanted to do a flatter route. I ewent in front most of the way to get a good workout

Totals:
    Run: 25.56 km
    Walk: 22.5 km
    Bike: 235.12 km

Apr 29th - May 5th

Tuesday:

Bike intervals ~2hr 45.53 km (23.8 kph)
    ahr:138 max:173

40 min w/u
    4*2k 3:16, 3:20, 3:22, 3:30
    40 min c/d

Wasn't too happy with these. Slower than last week which I'm not too bothered about because it was different conditions but I like to keep them constant and every subsequent rep was slower than the one before even though the effort was the same. I suppose it was good in a way. It made me take it easy for the rest of the week :D

Saturday:

Ballyhoura half marathon: 2:04:13 +750m elevation

Forgot to put my watch on and my HR monitor. We started at the halfway point for the marathon. We ran down a trail through the wood for maybe a mile until we reached the bottom of Seefin which is the highest peak of the Ballyhoura's and then it was a long ascent. It was quite sunny and I didn't have any sun cream on or a hat so I'm not sure if that was what caused it, but my head started to hurt halfway up. It could have just been the exertion. I kept running until about two thirds of the way up when it started to get quite steep and it was as quick to walk. I got to the top in a good position. I think I was third or fourth woman but I got crucified on the downhill with my ankle. It was quite unstable on the rough ground and I had to keep the pace steady. People were streaming past me. I couldn't do anything about it though. It was fine on the forest roads but the downhill trails were really difficult for me. Once we were down off the steep part of the mountain we ran down the bike trails and out onto the ardpatrick/kildorrery road. My Dad was there so I gave him a wave and then we cut into the wood on the left hand side. I think it might be called the Green Wood and it's the same course we took in the Beast in 2015. I was running behind a guy here and he was keeping a nice tempo. I jumped over the barrier into the wood which could have led to an unhappy ending if it had gone wrong. A few hundred metres later it did go wrong when I caught my toe on a rock and went head first into the ground. Luckily I was carrying a water bottle in my right hand which saved me my hand from a battering and the ground was soft. The guy I was running behind stopped to see if I was alright which was really nice of him and it made me get a move on because I didn't want to be holding him up. We came out of the wood onto a road and ran uphill past Castle Oliver. Then back into the forest and past the place where I took a wrong turn in the marathon in 2014. I had to walk a bit here. It cost me another few places. We popped out onto the road again and through the forest where Mike and Sean had to tell me to shut up in the Beast :D We had to take a different road back to Kilfinane because Coillte were felling trees in the forest. We ran down Magners hill which is very familiar to me because we often used to ride our ponies up it when we were kids. It's bloody steep to run down though and my quads were completely trashed at the bottom but my Dad was there again so I gave him a wave and ran on. I knew exactly where we were and that it was only about a mile left so it was easy to push myself especially once we got to the town and down the hill to the finish. I finished 71/136 and 15th woman. I absolutely love these races. Fantastic organisation by IMRA/MMRA.

Sunday:

Bike: 3hr 20 / 86.0 km / (25.8 kph) / +556m elevation
    ahr:123 max:170

Cullahill freshford ballyragget durrow Manor stone rathdowney borrisinossory skirk errill

I wanted to go with the B group - they were only doing an easy 50k but I was pressurised into going with the A group who were heading up Cullahill mountain. I actually coped really well. I was strong on the hills and I managed not to get dropped and then I took the long way home with a couple of the lads so I was happy out

Totals:
    Run: 13.1 m
    Walk: 31.75 km
    Bike: 131.53 km

May 6th - May 12th

Monday:

Bike ~ 2hr

We got the ferry to Inis Mor and hired bikes. It was awesome :D

Tuesday:

Bike (mtb) 22km

I gave my car to my sister who was home for a few days and cycled to and from the station

Wednesday:

Same as yesterday except it was wet and windy :(

Thursday:

Run: 4.5km in ~25min
    Took the day off work. Claire and I went for a little jog around the bog. She did the marathon in Ballyhoura and today was the first day she was able to move normally

Friday:

Run: 10k @ 6:17/km

Claire and I were down in Limerick at my cousins. It was quite a hilly run near Pallaskenry to Ringmoylan pier and back

Saturday:

Run: 10.25k @ 6:04'km

Still in Limerick. We ran up by Dromore castle and back into Pallaskenry. I felt better today and we even managed a sprint at the end

Sunday:

Bike: 3:15:26 / 86.51 km / (26.6 kph) / +644m elevation
    ahr:127 max:170
    Bike: warm up/cool down 1hr @ 22.6kmp

Group ride up The Cut into the Slieve Blooms. There was 8 of us out and for me it was flat to the boards all the way. I was happy that I didn't get dropped and it was a really beautiful day and a really beautiful route.

Run: 2mile @ 7:55/mi

I did this a few hours after the bike ride. It was a tempo run for me on tired (very tired!!) legs

Totals:
    Run: 20.39 mi
    Walk: 12.44 km
    Bike: 199.48 km

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Thats a lot of updating! Good to see your grá for the hills again. Doubt you were missing the track out there?! Sean up the hills this morning too. We need a team meet up this summer!

• Advertisement

Thats a lot of updating! Good to see your grá for the hills again. Doubt you were missing the track out there?! Sean up the hills this morning too. We need a team meet up this summer!

I do love the hills :D Ya not really missing the track at all. Actually trying to keep a low profile so the club don't look to recruit me for Munsters

Yes a team meet up would be awesome. We could do an IMRA race. Galtee crossing anybody?? https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/1781

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I do love the hills :D Ya not really missing the track at all. Actually trying to keep a low profile so the club don't look to recruit me for Munsters

Yes a team meet up would be awesome. We could do an IMRA race. Galtee crossing anybody?? https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/1781
    Lol I looked at that link and first thing to catch my attention was
    Level: 10 (extreme)!!

Soooo you!

the sprinting, cycling , mountain climbing log

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Got to love some mountain running :D now that is some race fair play to you

Baby75 wrote: »
    Got to love some mountain running :D now that is some race fair play to you

Ya I'm sure it would be awesome but I'm not so sure my navigation skills would be up to scratch. I might need a team mate or two. Hint hint shotgun :D

the sprinting, cycling , mountain climbing log

Variety is the spice of life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

What happened to the sprinting?

What happened to the sprinting?

Well the sprained ankle in February put an end to the indoor season and then I discovered that sprinting doesn't really fit in with my lifestyle at the moment. It's too restrictive. So I think I'll park it for the time being :)

May 13th - May 19th

Tuesday:
    Bike turbo: 51min
    ahr:136 max:168

10 min Wu
    6 x 2 x (30 sec seated sprint, 30 sec standing sprint), 3 min rec
    5 min tempo
    5 min easy

The club were doing a time trial but I was still tired from the hard bike on Sunday and I had to get up early to get a 6am flight to Pisa so I gave it a miss and did this v02 max session instead. I don't have a power meter but I suspect when I've done this session before I've had a higher power output. I still sweated buckets and got a good workout though.

Wednesday:

Run 35min 5.25 km (6:40 / km) +150m elevation

After a stressful 2 hour drive in a rental car through Tuscany we arrived safely to our house in the mountains. Don't get me wrong it was very scenic but it was my first time driving on the right hand side and there was a couple of very nervous moments so I needed this run to unwind! Tuscany is my kind of place. You're either going uphill or downhill. Both can be savagely steep so it's tough on the legs either way. I headed up a steep track near the house which took me up across farmland which is mostly all open in Tuscany until I came to a wonderful old chapel with a four storey tower. I turned left and ran about 500m until the road started to descend sharply. At which point I turned back and re-traced my steps in case I missed my dinner #priorities :D

Thursday:

Run 1:01:48 8.23 km (7:31 / km) +282m elevation

After a nice long sleep, Claire and I headed out to explore the surroundings. We turned right at the chapel this time and ran downhill and soon passed the entrance to the estate where our house was. As we continued downhill we saw a couple of dogs ambling along towards us. We thought they must be out for a walk with their owner but as we got closer the couple became 6 and there was no owner and when they saw us they scarpered off in all directions. We followed the road that 4 of them took but they soon veered off and disappeared into the fields. They didn't look hungry so it was a mystery where they had come from and where the other 2 went I have no idea. We turned back after 30 min because I promised Claire we would only do an hour and tackled the hill back up to the estate. After breakfast we went on a long hike from Grezzano to the summit of Monte Verruca @ 929m. The weather was good and we were treated to some splendid vistas of the Apennines.

Friday:

Run 1:01:25 6.0 mi (10:14 / mi) +356m elevation

I ran up to the chapel and turned left and continued downhill past some large free range pigs and some very angry farm dogs and then up a super steep long hill to the village of Arliano. I wasn't sure if I could do a loop and I only wanted to do an hour so I decided to turn back and take my chances with the farm dogs. Luckily they were otherwise engaged on the return journey. We drove to a small medieval hill town called San Gimignano afterwards. It's famous for it's medieval architecture and the 13 towers which form it's skyline. We climbed up the largest, the Torre Grossa and got some amazing views of the town and the beautiful surrounding countryside

Saturday:

Run 58:28 9.25 km (6:19 / km) +299m elevation

I turned left out of the estate and ran down and out the road where we met the free range dogs. I continued past where Claire and I had turned back. Soon after I turned a corner and ran past a farm where I was met with a cacophany of barks and an ambush of between 15 and 20 dogs, a couple of whom I recognised as being part of the 6 we had seen on Thursday. There was a lot of barking and they followed me a long way out the road but I just kept running and talking to them and they kept their teeth to themselves. Unfortunately I didn't do my homework because about half a mile later I discovered I was running down a cul de sac which meant I was going to have to run back through all those dogs :( Luckily it was downhill on the way back which gave me an advantage as there was one puppy who looked like he might like to sample my ankles. We went to Florence then for the day. Really pretty town but me no like. Too many tourists and the queues to get into the museums etc were ridiculous and it was raining.

Sunday:

Run 1hr 10.1 km (5:56 / km)

Claire would only come running if I found a flat route :D so we ended up on the eco trail from Borgo san Lorenzo to Vecchio alongside the Sieve river. It's as flat as you're going to get in Tuscany and really nice to run along. We turned after 5km. The weather wasn't great. Pretty overcast and not that warm so we spent the day in the town of Prato. It much nicer than Florence. So much quieter and the Palazzo Pretorium museum that we went into has some amazing artwork.

Totals
    Run: 28.4 miles
    Walk: 23 km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Some fantastic running locations by looks of it there K, well jealous.

Advertisement