Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Teaser just before xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

pixelburp wrote: »
    Meh, teaser trailers feel like an irritating marketing affectation imo, and it's not like a film of this scale will need hype. Not like it's an either-or situation, but I'd rather sit tight 'til a proper trailer airs in the new year than get excited over a rattled-together teaser. Still, good to see the production getting to the point of having material suitable for trailers.

I remember when the teaser trailer for Episode 1 came out, jesus it was electrifying. Sadly the trailer was better than the actual film.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I remember when the teaser trailer for Episode 1 came out, jesus it was electrifying. Sadly the trailer was better than the actual film.

+1 , although the thing I remember most about that trailer was this version of it:

:D

I remember that going around the office and the excitement of a new Star Wars .. if only we knew eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

This is taken from a cinema way back when the Episode 1 teaser was running in front of Meet Joe Black, I feel so bad for the audience although to it's credit the trailer is actually brilliant.

It's just a pity the movie blew so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It has it's annoying bits, but I really don't understand why Episode I gets so much hate. Watched it for the first time in a few years last month and really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Synode wrote: »
    It has it's annoying bits, but I really don't understand why Episode I gets so much hate. Watched it for the first time in a few years last month and really enjoyed it.

It's by far the best of the new trilogy imo. I can't even watch 5 minutes of episode 3 its so bad. (Damning with faint prasie...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah Phantom Menace is the best PT film by a margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Giruilla wrote: »
    It's by far the best of the new trilogy imo. I can't even watch 5 minutes of episode 3 its so bad. (Damning with faint prasie...)

There isn't a 5 minute period in the first one that doesn't have something horribly wrong with it, imo. Maybe it is better than the third though, I haven't rewatched that in a long time. I rewatched Phantom when it was rereleased in the cinema a while back and couldn't get over how bad it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

There isn't a 5 minute period in the first one that doesn't have something horribly wrong with it, imo. Maybe it is better than the third though, I haven't rewatched that in a long time. I rewatched Phantom when it was rereleased in the cinema a while back and couldn't get over how bad it is.

I agree really.. if the Darth Maul fight wasn't interspersed with a youngling blowing up a space station by accident, it would have been a fairly solid 5 minute scene though.

ROTS on the other hand I can't think of even a single moment from the film that wasn't awful. The lighting in the film is sooo bad. That fight scene with Obi Wan and the robot was hysterical.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

ROTS > TPM > AOTC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

TPM is a magnificent ambitious failure, while the other two are increasingly unoriginal attempts to pander, eventually grinding to a halt with the probably least satisfying conclusion in movie history.

That said, the first 20 minutes of RotS are a blast, and all of them have some great sequences and designs.

Episode 1 should have started with Anakin being roughly the same age as Luke in A New Hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Some of this is gonna be shot in true 70mm IMAX! hnnngggggg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Episode 3 is by far the best of the prequels...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The best Star Wars prequel movie is Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Episode 1 should have started with Anakin being roughly the same age as Luke in A New Hope.

Yeah, kids in movies rarely work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Official subtitle: The Force Awakens

I was hoping for Midi-chlorian Boogaloo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Official title tag is The Force Awakens.

I think it's a grower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Ugh. http://www.starwars.com/films/star-wars-episode-vii

'The Force Awakens'. Really, J. J.? I fully expect the following questions to be answered: who put it to sleep? did it sleep soundly? who woke it up? does it take sleeping pills? did it dream?

From my relatively novice information on Star Wars lore, the force is never dormant/asleep. It is always there, but only a few are aware of its presence. This title annoys me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

As underwhelming as The Phantom Menace was at the time that was announced. It will certainly give the reviewers and the headline writers plenty of ammunition. But it's only a name. As long as the film is good that's all that really matters.

• Advertisement

Interesting...it lends weight to rumours concerning Luke and The Force

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

The Force:
    an energy field created by all living things, that surrounds and penetrates living beings and binds the galaxy together.

Don't see how that could not be "awake". Well this bodes well :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Meh, it's just a title really, hard to get too steamed up or moved about something as innocuous as that. I guess it does lend more credence to the notion that the plot revolves around Luke and his relationship with the Force, so who knows.

Context is everything. If Luke has been in hiding/missing for years and is the only Jedi left then something happens to draw him/the dark side out then it fits perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Context is everything. If Luke has been in hiding/missing for years and is the only Jedi left then something happens to draw him/the dark side out then it fits perfectly.

That is a good storyline, and I hope it is the storyline, but surely a different title would be better? The force doesn't wake up, it is always there. Something along the lines of 'The Forgotten Exile' or 'Rise of the [Threat]' would be more applicable to that storyline. 'The Force Awakens' is just too bland, and very 'American' sounding.

EDIT: All previous titles: Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, give an indication as to what the movie is about. The film then goes on to demonstrate how the title is relevant to the content. The Force doesn't wake up and it doesn't sleep - so apart from the title being technically wrong, it also doesn't give any indication as to what it is referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The force might have always been there (surrounding and penetrating and all that) but throughout IV, V and VI, people weren't exactly adept at using it.

Plenty of room for awakening.

If Luke was the last Jedi then it could refer to the force awakening in several new protagonists.

Sort of how the force awakened in Luke in A New Hope.

And I like how it doesn't exactly reveal the nature of the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

The teaser trailer surely will come before the new year. According to this site it's already been made.

http://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/item/6676-star-wars-episode-vii-title-revealed.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Surely "The Force Awakens" is just how there most likely haven't been any Jedi's or Sith around using it for want of a better description.

I'd assume this will be rebuilding of the Jedi Knight Order or something. Luke forced out of his refuge and having to train new Knights or that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Hate the title but really it doesnt matter, its all about the film

Advertisement