Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Hi folks,

Electric Ireland has now launched a new two-year price-plan for customers who sign up to Dual Fuel (electricity and gas) and pay by direct debit:

- A free Climote and no €36 subscription for the first two years. Plus, an extra €20 credit if you switch online! Details and switching link in the first column of our price-plans page.

We will also be at Swords Pavilions Shopping Centre, north Dublin, talking about Climote from tomorrow (Thursday 6th March) to this Sunday!

Regards,
    Una
    hi Una,

Im on prepay Gas with Bord Gais, also get electricity from them as well (post pay) can I still sign up for this offer and keep pre pay gas meter with Electric Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi BONDIred,

Thanks for your interest. To avail of this offer, you would be required to be a billing customer with Electric Ireland for both fuels, and to pay by direct debit. Unfortunately a PAYG meter would not be compatible with the offer.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Hi BONDIred,

Thanks for your interest. To avail of this offer, you would be required to be a billing customer with Electric Ireland for both fuels, and to pay by direct debit. Unfortunately a PAYG meter would not be compatible with the offer.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Is there a cost to revert to post pay meter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi BONDIred,

There would be a charge of €198.53 applicable if you wanted to have the PAYG meter removed. We would facilitate this for you once your switch to Electric Ireland was complete.

You could alternatively have the meter removed by Bord Gais Energy and then arrange the switch to Electric Ireland.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brompton1

adam88 wrote: »
    Lads what are the alternatives to climote
    I recently purchased the new Evohome system, which connects to the internet (no recurring charges or contracts), and thermostats are wireless, waiting for it to be installed - seems more advanced than the Climote. I am wondering has anyone here have used the new Evohome system yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 belfastjohn

Hi.
    I currently have a Danfoss TP5000 heating controller that only takes 2 wires as connections and uses batteries. Can a Climote replace this? Will it need additional wiring to provide power/earth connections to the Climote?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The. Climote is mains powered but I don't think it needs an earth. As it only comes installed, the installer might be able to install the power but it might be extra. 

Hi.
    I currently have a Danfoss TP5000 heating controller that only takes 2 wires as connections and uses batteries. Can a Climote replace this? Will it need additional wiring to provide power/earth connections to the Climote?
    Thanks
    Hi BelfastJohn,

Thanks for your patience. Our Home Services department can have a technician speak to you regarding this query, if you could private message us here on Boards your name and telephone number.

Thanks also Dingding for offering assistance.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 35 b2dadizzle

Hi, I have ordered the climote. However, it was due to be installed 3 weeks ago, but the evening before, they called me to cancel as the technician called in sick. I wasn't too happy, as I had booked the following day off work, so wasted a day's annual leave.
    Eventually re-booked for today, made the booking 2 weeks ago after numerous calls to Electric Ireland. Half 7 last night, the same guy as before called me to say he didn't have a technician in the area tomorrow, so wouldn't be able to call to me. Again, I had booked time off work for this, so I'm not too impressed. Even if he had given me a bot more notice that he was cancelling, I may have been able to work something out.
    He is to call me back this morning to reschedule, but if he cancels again, I will be cancelling my order for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi b2dadizzle,

Thanks for your post, and we apologise for any frustration/inconvenience caused by these cancelled appointments. We appreciate that customers have to set aside time for these and are sorry to hear this has happened on consecutive occasions. 

If you would like us to look into this for you, or if there's anything else we can help with, please feel free to send us your details by private message.

Regards,
    David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭danindub

I'm little confused, lady in electric Ireland said that the model they sell doesn't have temperature sensors. Is it going to work with my current thermostats so?

danindub wrote: »
    I'm little confused, lady in electric Ireland said that the model they sell doesn't have temperature sensors. Is it going to work with my current thermostats so?
    Hi danindub,

Thank you for your comment. Climote doesn't connect to any existing thermostats, but it has one built in.

It will connect to zones in the house so that it can turn on the heating upstairs, downstairs and the hot water but it's main function would be as a timer.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Hi danindub,

Thank you for your comment. Climote doesn't connect to any existing thermostats, but it has one built in.

It will connect to zones in the house so that it can turn on the heating upstairs, downstairs and the hot water but it's main function would be as a timer.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    So there is no way to control temperature in the zones (living, bed, hot water)? if my existing clock can work with thermostats, surely Climate should be able to do the same? Otherwise I can only see possible unnecessary increase in heating usage rather than drop.

Hi danindub,

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    So there is no way to control temperature in the zones (living, bed, hot water)? if my existing clock can work with thermostats, surely Climate should be able to do the same? Otherwise I can only see possible unnecessary increase in heating usage rather than drop.
    Hi danindub,

If you have your home zoned then we can connect these zones to the Climote, as it has 3 clocks built into it.  If the you have thermostats in each room but are not connected to zones then the Climote mightn't be the best choice for you. If you'd like to PM us with your phone number, I can arrange for a member of our Home Services team to give you a call to discuss the capabilities of the product. 

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Hi dingding,
    Originally posted by dingding
    Yes,  I have 3 zones, heating, upstairs and downstairs.  Teh demo now shows a temperature reading for upstairs.  Just wondering how this is done, is there an additional sensor that needs to be added.

Just some further information with regard to your query above. All climotes installed  prior to December 2013 have an inbuilt temperature sensor only. However, from December 2013 all new versions of climote have also a wireless receiver built-in and this allows a user to put a temperature sensor (up to  two zones if necessary) anywhere in their home.

The temperature of these locations can then be remotely controlled with the new phone apps. We are still testing this functionality before launching it – but so far it works very well. We will offer some form of exchange programme for existing customers who wish to avail of this facility – as yet, this is a few months away.

If you would like to send your details to us by private message we can look into arranging this changeover for you. Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David
    I'm wondering how can I get those wireless temperature sensors? I've new Climate and would love to be able to control temperature through it.

Hi danindub,

Thanks for your interest, and we hope you're enjoying your new climote.

I have contacted our Home Services team for further clarification on the above, and will update you as soon possible.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭ted1

As electric ireland are now supplying free Nestare you no longer doing climote?

ted1 wrote: »
    As electric ireland are now supplying free Nestare you no longer doing climote?

What's nestare?

I only got climote from EI last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Hi all,

Thanks for getting in touch. We are still offering Climote as well as Nest.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

AstraMonti wrote: »

They're very different products. Nest is a thermostat. You need one for each zone. Climote is a timer that can control up to 3 zones, in connection with thermostat (like nest?) or its own wireless sensors.

They're very different products. Nest is a thermostat. You need one for each zone. Climote is a timer that can control up to 3 zones, in connection with thermostat (like nest?) or its own wireless sensors.

Nest is a self learning timer. More than just a thermostat, I have yet to see remote thermostats for climote. Nest is sub free, climote isn't.
    Rather being a static timer like the climote nest chsnged it schedule if the house is empty

Both have remote apps

Nest is a self learning timer. More than just a thermostat, I have yet to see remote thermostats for climote. Nest is sub free, climote isn't.
    Rather being a static timer like the climote nest chsnged it schedule if the house is empty

Both have remote apps
    Thermostats for climote are available from them directly for €40 each. I went for Climote because I can control my downstairs, upstairs and hot water zones with it. Nest can't control my hot water and I'd need two of them to control upstairs and downstairs so it just wouldn't do what I want.

That saying, it's a brilliant device, just not quite complete solution for standard irish home i'd say. 

Thermostats for climote are available from them directly for €40 each. I went for Climote because I can control my downstairs, upstairs and hot water zones with it. Nest can't control my hot water and I'd need two of them to control upstairs and downstairs so it just wouldn't do what I want.

That saying, it's a brilliant device, just not quite complete solution for standard irish home i'd say. 
    You think that climote would update their website. With all their products.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Both have remote apps

What sort of thermostat do you use for the hot water.  Have you a link to where you can buy the thermostat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ferg27

Hi

I had my climote installed a couple of weeks ago but am having trouble with connecting to it via laptop & android phone. Light is flashing red and keep getting "Network Message 3" and "Network Message 4" on the screen. Can you advise me how to fix this.

Thanks

Ferg27 wrote: »
    Hi

I had my climote installed a couple of weeks ago but am having trouble with connecting to it via laptop & android phone. Light is flashing red and keep getting "Network Message 3" and "Network Message 4" on the screen. Can you advise me how to fix this.

Thanks
    Hi Ferg27,

Thanks for your post, we're just checking this with our Home Services team and will update you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

Are Electric Ireland still offering Climote?
    if so, what's the cost/offer? There's no info on the website...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Advertisement

Hi davidclayton,
    Are Electric Ireland still offering Climote?
    if so, what's the cost/offer? There's no info on the website...

As per the link provided by Davy above (thanks Davy), we do indeed still offer climote, and you have three different payment options if you're interested:

Option 1
    Special Discount Offer of €299 (€100 discount off the RRP of €399). Includes your first years subscription fee of (RRP €36) free. No monthly payments. Includes installation and free demonstration, and you don’t need to be an Electric Ireland customer to avail of this offer. 

Option 2
    Put the cost of climote on your bill (€348). Pay over the course of 24 months; no upfront payment. Only pay €14.50 a month. Includes your first two years subscription fee (RRP €36) free. Includes installation and free demonstration. You must be a Direct Debit customer to avail of this offer.

Option 3
    Climote Price Plan (2 year offer). Free Climote worth €399 RRP for new customers. Free installation, 2 years remote connectivity fee worth €36 per year.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. Our Home Services are also available to take your call from 8am-6pm Mon-Fri on 1850 30 50 85.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement