Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gueroh

Hi,
    I have two mechanical thermostats for each zone. I was wondering if climote can get temperature from them and switch on/off the motorized valves once the desired temperature is reached.

Thanks
    Cristiano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi gueroh,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Climote is a heating control device that can control heating in three zones. It would usually replace an existing set-up. However, we can organise a callback to you from Home Energy Services for more in-depth technical information, if you private message us your telephone number and confirm the best time for you to take a telephone call. We are finishing up on Boards.ie and other social media at 6pm so we can organise this callback for you tomorrow.

Here is the information on our website regarding the Electric Ireland Climote plan also: https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/products/smarter-living/climote and www.climote.ie has all the contact details for Climote itself.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Hi, we have been using Climote for a couple of years. Great product!

We're looking to move electric supplier. Can you confirm how the Climote annual charge will be billed if we move? Will this be direct with Climote or still through Electric Ireland?

Thanks for confirmation.

Justin

Hi Justin,

Thank you for getting in touch - we are delighted to read that you are so happy with your Climote system, although we are sorry to read that you are considering changing electricity provider.

If a customer changes provider after their two-year contract with Electric Ireland for the Climote price-plan, the yearly subscription after that two years would be payable to Electric Ireland. A letter is issued to the customer in this regard.

If you have any further queries, we are here on Boards and our other social media channels until 6pm. If you wish to speak to our Home Services team, they can be contacted on 1850 30 50 85 (also available until 6pm).

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1 michaelga67

Ferg27 wrote: »
    Hi

I had my climote installed a couple of weeks ago but am having trouble with connecting to it via laptop & android phone. Light is flashing red and keep getting "Network Message 3" and "Network Message 4" on the screen. Can you advise me how to fix this.

Thanks
     hi i had this installed 3 days ago and i am seeing Network Message 4" on the screen. and an orange light on the menu button  Can you advise me how to fix this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi michaelga67,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As this is a query regarding the Climote device, we would recommend contacting Climote directly.

Their contact information can be found online here.

Should you have any queries regarding the installation of the device, we would recommend contacting the Electric Ireland Home Services team on 1850 372 333. They can be called from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.

If you have any other questions regarding Electric Ireland please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 3 qtiptcq

Hi,

Is it possible to operate Climote via txt messages without using an online service mode? In other way, do you need to pay for subscription in order to be able to use Climote remotely? Regards

Jacek

Hi qtiptcq,

In all cases, the Climote thermostat requires a SIM to be operated remotely so the subscription of €36 per year is always required.

Customers who avail of Climote through Electric Ireland do not have to pay this subscription for the first year.

If you have any further queries that we can assist you with, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Just got my Climote renewal notice, €19 p.a. down from the previous €36 p.a. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

Hi All,

this might have been answered already. But is there a way to check more than 2 weeks back of your usage history on a climote?

thanks

• Advertisement

Hi All,

this might have been answered already. But is there a way to check more than 2 weeks back of your usage history on a climote?

thanks

Hi All,

thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi supersweeney,

We recommend calling our colleagues in the Home Services team on 1850 372 333. They are available from 9am to 6pm (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays).

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I see on the Climote site you have an immersion timer in planning.  I am very interested, you link to a youtube video on the site which is not available.

I would be interested to find out more and register for one.

Hi dingding,

The Climote heating control/installation can be availed of as a special offer through Electric Ireland as per the Electric Ireland Shop - the latest home energy services/offers available through Electric Ireland are all on that site.

For Climote specific queries, contact Climote directly.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

dingding wrote: »
    I see on the Climote site you have an immersion timer in planning.  I am very interested, you link to a youtube video on the site which is not available.

I would be interested to find out more and register for one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcrq7W0le-E

Doesn't give much more info about it though. I registered interest on the Climote website pre- covid... not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Hi all,

I'm going to be upgrading my boiler soon, and am considering getting a Climote at the same time.
    But when looking into it I see some reviews mentioning a limitation of being only able to set 3 different time periods within the timeclock for the heating to come on. So I wanted to check if this was truly the case, or is the electronic time clock as flexible as the old physical time clock where you could have lots of different time periods set, say for a half hour each for 5 different times during the day?

Thanks.

scunermac wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm going to be upgrading my boiler soon, and am considering getting a Climote at the same time.
    But when looking into it I see some reviews mentioning a limitation of being only able to set 3 different time periods within the timeclock for the heating to come on. So I wanted to check if this was truly the case, or is the electronic time clock as flexible as the old physical time clock where you could have lots of different time periods set, say for a half hour each for 5 different times during the day?

Thanks.
    Hi scunermac,

The dedicated Home Energy Services team can advise you regarding this query - their contact details are towards the end of the following page on the Electric Ireland website. Also, Climote themselves are available as follows.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭danindub

scunermac wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks.
    That is correct, you can have only 3 time periods in a day for each zone (upstairs, downstairs, water etc.). Now funny that you've mentioned it as I've been using Climote for good 4 or 5 years now and never have I noticed that: I just don't see the need for more in my personal experience.

I normally have 2 times for both water: one in the morning before waking up and one early afternoon, so that there's water for the evening; another 2 for downstairs heating for before I wake up and when I get back from work and 2 for bedrooms: before bed and again before waking up. It's very much "set and forget"...

What I do use much more often is boost and hold-off: so when I'm cold: i boost heat for specified time (half hour to 6 hours). Hold-off is the opposite: if my heating kicks in at 6pm in the evening, but I'm out for pints with lads, I set "Hold-off" for few of hours, so that the empty house wasn't getting heated :) 

Albo, because Climote can be controlled via text messages, it's easy to integrate it with iPhone workflows, and have one-tap or Siri Shortcuts to perform boosts and hold-offs.

Hope this helps :)

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

danindub wrote: »
    That is correct, you can have only 3 time periods in a day for each zone (upstairs, downstairs, water etc.). Now funny that you've mentioned it as I've been using Climote for good 4 or 5 years now and never have I noticed that: I just don't see the need for more in my personal experience.

I normally have 2 times for both water: one in the morning before waking up and one early afternoon, so that there's water for the evening; another 2 for downstairs heating for before I wake up and when I get back from work and 2 for bedrooms: before bed and again before waking up. It's very much "set and forget"...

What I do use much more often is boost and hold-off: so when I'm cold: i boost heat for specified time (half hour to 6 hours). Hold-off is the opposite: if my heating kicks in at 6pm in the evening, but I'm out for pints with lads, I set "Hold-off" for few of hours, so that the empty house wasn't getting heated :) 

Albo, because Climote can be controlled via text messages, it's easy to integrate it with iPhone workflows, and have one-tap or Siri Shortcuts to perform boosts and hold-offs.

Hope this helps :)

Dan

Thanks Dan. Is the 3 time periods limitation only when using the iPhone App? Or also when using the hub itself as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I see the €90 offer is fpr new customers. How much is it for existing customers?

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Gael23, 

Thank you for your interest. 

The price is €90 for both new and existing customers.

Just to make you aware, installs are currently on hold due to the Level 5 restrictions.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement