Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi Aoife,

Thanks for the fast response. I think I forwarded this information to a member of your team previously and someone from the home team rang trying to sell me a full price climote. I hope this won't be the case this time.

// Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi GaryCocs,

I have included the details of your request while arranging your callback, so the relevant offer should be discussed with you.

If you have any further concerns, or questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi GaryCocs,

I have included the details of your request while arranging your callback, so the relevant offer should be discussed with you.

If you have any further concerns, or questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Thanks very much for all your help Aoife.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I tried to log onto the web version of the climote website to manage my climote over the web.

The server returns a http 500  error on internet explorer.  indicating the server is in maintenance mode or has a programming error,

Do you know when it will be back up again.

http://climote.climote.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi dingding,

Climote themselves would be the people to ask directly.

If you contact them via their website or see whether they are on Facebook or Twitter today, we hope their online account page is not down for long.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Just tried it and it is working again. 

Cheers. 

Have a year old climote.  I noticed the last time I updated the IOS app, it seems to have the ability to have a thermostat in each zone.

Addition of support for multi-zone thermostats (where available)

Can this be retrofitted to the existing climote.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi dingding,

Thanks for your message.
    dingding wrote:
    I noticed the last time I updated the IOS app, it seems to have the ability to have a thermostat in each zone.

Can this be retrofitted to the existing climote

I've highlighted the important point above; assuming your existing heating system facilitates multi-zone thermostats (i.e. where this is available), the climote can then take advantage of this. The climote doesn't add this functionality itself; it just supports it if it’s there and makes it easy to control wherever you are.

Do you currently have a multizone heating system installed?

Thanks,
    David

Hi dingding,

Thanks for your message.
    Originally posted by dingding
    I noticed the last time I updated the IOS app, it seems to have the ability to have a thermostat in each zone.

Can this be retrofitted to the existing climote

I've highlighted the important point above; assuming your existing heating system facilitates multi-zone thermostats (i.e. where this is available), the climote can then take advantage of this. The climote doesn't add this functionality itself; it just supports it if it’s there and makes it easy to control wherever you are.

Do you currently have a multizone heating system installed?

Thanks,
    David
    Yes,  I have 3 zones, heating, upstairs and downstairs.  Teh demo now shows a temperature reading for upstairs.  Just wondering how this is done, is there an additional sensor that needs to be added.

Hi again dingding,

I have checked this, and can advise that the Climote device provides the temperature just for the room in which it is installed.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi dingding,
    dingding wrote:
    Yes,  I have 3 zones, heating, upstairs and downstairs.  Teh demo now shows a temperature reading for upstairs.  Just wondering how this is done, is there an additional sensor that needs to be added.

Just some further information with regard to your query above. All climotes installed  prior to December 2013 have an inbuilt temperature sensor only. However, from December 2013 all new versions of climote have also a wireless receiver built-in and this allows a user to put a temperature sensor (up to  two zones if necessary) anywhere in their home.

The temperature of these locations can then be remotely controlled with the new phone apps. We are still testing this functionality before launching it – but so far it works very well. We will offer some form of exchange programme for existing customers who wish to avail of this facility – as yet, this is a few months away.

If you would like to send your details to us by private message we can look into arranging this changeover for you. Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Thanks David,

I sent you a PM.  This functionality would make a great product outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Does the new version of climote have WIFI or is it still on GSM?

dingding wrote:
    I sent you a PM.  This functionality would make a great product outstanding.

We've responded to your PM this morning, and many thanks for the feedback. :)

Regards,
    David

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Hi AstraMonti,

Thanks for your message. The climote still operates on the GSM network due to its reliability and the fact that it is available to 98% of homes. We understand that the product will migrate to an internet platform eventually though, when availability is at a similar level.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

Thank you David. Would you guys have the actual dimensions of the climote box? Need to see if it would fit the space we have available.

Thanks AstraMonti. The dimensions are 147 x 128 x 40mm. You can find further technical specifications here if you need them.

Regards,
    David

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi AstraMonti,

Thanks for your message. The climote still operates on the GSM network due to its reliability and the fact that it is available to 98% of homes. We understand that the product will migrate to an internet platform eventually though, when availability is at a similar level.

Regards,
    David
    David,

81% of Irish homes have broadband (CSO,2012). what sort of penetration do they need? the remainder are more than likely technophobes who wouldn't use a climote. bar the few that just can't get broadband.

ted1 wrote: »
    Hi AstraMonti,

Regards,
    David
    David,

81% of Irish homes have broadband (CSO,2012). what sort of penetration do they need? the remainder are more than likely technophobes who wouldn't use a climote. bar the few that just can't get broadband.
    I suppose from an installation point of view they can get it installed with a SIM with minimal staff training.  Getting the device to connect to wifi may require more training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Yes, but the response said that the reason was lack of availability of broadband, and made no mention of installation issues being the reason.  Hence Ted1's response.

ted1 wrote:

Hi ted1,

Thanks for your post, and we can certainly appreciate your point.

The most important thing from our point of view is climote’s reliability for customers. Broadband services are no doubt improving with time, but there are still large parts of the country where it is either unavailable or of poor quality.

Two complications in particular can arise for wi-fi solutions in a customer’s home:

•    The distance between a boiler and a router may be well outside a wi-fi range and will require additional boosters etc.
    •    A good many homes have multiple heating zones (thermostat upstairs, thermostat downstairs and hot water) which could lead to further connectivity problems.

Climote was cleverly designed to overcome such issues, which is why customers are so happy with it. That said, we do anticipate that a wifi-enabled climote will be released in future, but wouldn’t be in a position to confirm exactly when.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Originally posted by ted1

Hi ted1,

Thanks for your post, and we can certainly appreciate your point.

The most important thing from our point of view is climote’s reliability for customers. Broadband services are no doubt improving with time, but there are still large parts of the country where it is either unavailable or of poor quality.

Two complications in particular can arise for wi-fi solutions in a customer’s home:

•    The distance between a boiler and a router may be well outside a wi-fi range and will require additional boosters etc.
    •    A good many homes have multiple heating zones (thermostat upstairs, thermostat downstairs and hot water) which could lead to further connectivity problems.

Climote was cleverly designed to overcome such issues, which is why customers are so happy with it. That said, we do anticipate that a wifi-enabled climote will be released in future, but wouldn’t be in a position to confirm exactly when.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David
    Thanks for the reply.

here's some feedback from a member of the public.

from a potential customer supplier I have ruled out the climote because of the reoccurring costs associated with SIM Cards.

With regards different heating zones, that is irrelevant as they will communicate with the Climote using some form of RF, regardless of weather its GPRS or WIFI. As to how the Climote communicates with the server/Internet this no bearing on how the Climotye interacts with its child units.

All the Climotes Competitors use WIFI and have no reoccuring costs. I'm sure that there are many more people like me out there.

Hi ted1,

We appreciate you giving us your honest feedback, and it will be taken into consideration.

I regret that I can't be of more assistance to you, but we can assure that when climote does become wifi-enabled, we will update this thread accordingly.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Can anyone confirm the statement that the latest version supports additional wireless thermostats?
    We are scheduled to have the install done but purchased based on the addtional stat option. When discussing with the instsaller, it seems the additional stat is not possible.

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi jayjbe,

If you can PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number I'll certainly look into this feature for you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Lads what are the alternatives to climote

Hi folks,

Electric Ireland has now launched a new two-year price-plan for customers who sign up to Dual Fuel (electricity and gas) and pay by direct debit:

- A free Climote and no €36 subscription for the first two years. Plus, an extra €20 credit if you switch online! Details and switching link in the first column of our price-plans page.

We will also be at Swords Pavilions Shopping Centre, north Dublin, talking about Climote from tomorrow (Thursday 6th March) to this Sunday!

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Hi Una,

Is this option available to current customers on contract until December. Can I sign up now to a two year contract and avail of this without penalty?

Thanks

Hi folks,

Electric Ireland has now launched a new two-year price-plan for customers who sign up to Dual Fuel (electricity and gas) and pay by direct debit:

- A free Climote and no €36 subscription for the first two years. Plus, an extra €20 credit if you switch online! Details and switching link in the first column of our price-plans page.

We will also be at Swords Pavilions Shopping Centre, north Dublin, talking about Climote from tomorrow (Thursday 6th March) to this Sunday!

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi Grudle,

This is a separate price-plan/contract so unfortunately cannot be availed of by customers who are signed up to another price-plan/contract already.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement