Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you meet your partner/boyfriend.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

Right, i'm blocking this space for April or May

I went to a fortune teller who said I'd meet my Future Husband in April or May...

She also said i'd be preggers at 32...he'll have to be a fast mover cos i'm nearly 31...

Cross your fingers people!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Florintina

Hi ladies.

Thought this might make an interesting thread.:)

How did you meet your partner/boyfriend.

It seems that hardly anyone meets their boyfriend in a pub or nightclub setting. And yet this seems to be the only way of meeting people.

Remember the dance halls of years ago. I'm sure there were way more hookups in those places than the nightclubs of today. Do you agree?

Hey there i met my fella on a site called nimble last i was on it in 2009 but its gone now which is strange. he just added me we swapped numbers been texting for 3/4 yrs when i was living in kildare and he in cork . them in 2009 i moved cork for cookery course, we decided meet up that night and been inseperable since then . with him 3 yrs and 3 months now best years of my life. i never liked night clubs or pubs hate them and thought never find someone to love , just shows u the net great place find love to not all weirdos on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Met partner at his party when i was 19 "fancied" him since i was 10 couldnt believe my luck that he liked me too!! now ten years later and 3 beautiful children!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Now these didn't work out so not necessarily the best stories - but..

No 2 serious boyfriend: fell backwards off chair at Clontarf Castle christmas party (2 years)

No 4 serious boyfriend: fell backwards off fence at the Ploughing Championships (2 years)

No 5 serious boyfriend: went to holiday to get over No 4, and fell off bar in Greece whilst dancing (5 years)

No 6 serious boyfriend: fell down stairs at event and he picked me up (1 year - now just good friends).

I'm noticing a common theme!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jeanjeani

I actually am from America. I used to live in the state of Maine. After a messy divorce, My best friend told me to go on a website she was on I think it was connecting singles. Thats where we met. We talked for a long time about a year then he came to the states and asked me to marry him. I did an now we live here in Ireland because he is Irish born an has always lived here. Its beautiful here but the weather is something Im not used to. Im so glad we met he is my best friend. I have to say I do believe in fate.;)

• Advertisement

He was a friend of a friend. I didn't take much notice of him until one day, I looked over and this weirdo is saying "I love you" across the bar at me. This carried on for months. Wherever I went out he was there, stalking me and mouthing the words "I love you" at me.

He eventually wore me down, took me for a spin on his bike and 8 years later he still says those words everyday. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Perfect Ring

Met my OH in Odeon nightclub on Harcourt street!

Advertisement