Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nexus 10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Can you try it on a different TV?
    Sony TVs can be a tad fussy and would help confirm whether issue at tablet or TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Can you try it on a different TV?
    Sony TVs can be a tad fussy and would help confirm whether issue at tablet or TV.

true did not think of trying it, have a smaller tv upstairs not sure if it has the connection but will try it later cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

madmoe wrote: »
    Hey there mate,
    Have not yet tried this but can I ask where did you buy your cable? I guess if you can't get it working would getting a Chromecast be an option for Netflix at least!?

Cheers,
    M

Bought the cable from eBay, are you using chromecast for the connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

Was hoping they would release the nex Nexus 10 with the Nexus 5 yesterday but alas no! Anyne know if they will be releasing it soon?

Thanks

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

tweety76 wrote: »
    Bought the cable from eBay, are you using chromecast for the connection?

I'm thinking about getting a Chromecast mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭podrisco

I don't have Netflix but I have watched a number of movies via HDMI from Nexus 10 to our Sony Bravia TV and sound worked fine.

Hey all,
    Anyone here got the KiKat Android 4.4 update on their Nexus 10!? I'm still waiting but not that impressed by what I hear so far from those who have updated!! Apparently the settings menu now reverts back to a single panel just liken on the Nexus 5, there is no transparent status and nav bars and no Google Experience launcher either :-(

Cheers,
    M

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Haven't been prompted for it or checked either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Hey all,
    Anyone here got the KiKat Android 4.4 update on their Nexus 10!? I'm still waiting but not that impressed by what I hear so far from those who have updated!! Apparently the settings menu now reverts back to a single panel just liken on the Nexus 5, there is no transparent status and nav bars and no Google Experience launcher either :-(

Cheers,
    M

Just posted it on the N7 thread but set it all up on my N10 too.
    Just install these 2 google apks and you'll have GEL and the transparent bars.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47432060&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Haven't had it on mine yet.

• Advertisement

lafors wrote: »
    Just posted it on the N7 thread but set it all up on my N10 too.
    Just install these 2 google apks and you'll have GEL and the transparent bars.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47432060&postcount=1

Thanks mate, I assume you do not need to be rooted to get the transparent bars? Have Google given any reason why we are not getting them out of the box?

Cheers,
    M

Anyone get the update yet?

So much for nexus devices being first, the nexus 5 launch is almost 3 weeks ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

So much for nexus devices being first, the nexus 5 launch is almost 3 weeks ago now.

Nope

Nothing here either :-(

The Nexus devices will be first, it just hasn't been rolled out yet for the 4/7/10 for some reason. It's unusual that it takes this long I think, from previous releases anyhow.

5starpool wrote: »
    The Nexus devices will be first, it just hasn't been rolled out yet for the 4/7/10 for some reason. It's unusual that it takes this long I think, from previous releases anyhow.

I believe it's rolling out shortly on Google Edition phones and reading the last couple of days it's apparantly in the hands of google now who are holding it back. Either way it appears that the usual bonus of getting it earlier than the rest is minor now.

I know it can be done by flashing it yourself and all that but if the new SW is available I cant see why there's such a delay in the OTA updates.

Again, I don't know what the reason is, but I would imagine there are a very small number of GS4 and HTC One Google Edition phones out there. I can't say I heard that rollout rumour myself, but I'm in no rush as I have an N5 anyhow and not pushed if I see it on the N10 soon, although it is bad form if it takes much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Again, I don't know what the reason is, but I would imagine there are a very small number of GS4 and HTC One Google Edition phones out there. I can't say I heard that rollout rumour myself, but I'm in no rush as I have an N5 anyhow and not pushed if I see it on the N10 soon, although it is bad form if it takes much longer.

I think there after getting such a kicking from Galaxy S3 owners after the latest Android 4.3 update debacle which has been pulled that they might want to be doubly sure it's safe publicity wise to do the release 4.4... Thats my two cents worth anyway

I think there after getting such a kicking from Galaxy S3 owners after the latest Android 4.3 update debacle which has been pulled that they might want to be doubly sure it's safe publicity wise to do the release 4.4... Thats my two cents worth anyway

That's entirely a Samsung issue. 4.3 has been a stable vanilla android release for a year with no issues. If Samsung load crapware onto their phones that breaks Android that is not Googles problem, although sadly most people won't get that and just think "OMGZZZ android is teh crapness".

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

They nexus devices should be first be but they arent. The Moto X gets it before the Nexus devices and also before the Google Edition HTC One and Galaxy S4- http://www.geek.com/android/verizon-moto-x-gets-android-4-4-before-the-nexus-4-1577696/

• Advertisement

Anyone get the update on their N10? N4 and N7s seem to be getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

Yes my n10 was updated last night.

I've noticed play games app is new
    Quick office is new
    And HP printer support is new. I only see the option to print from chrome so far and not how to print from gmail

I miss the blue icons for works and battery

Another nice feature is now you can turn your nexus into a photo frame while charging. Other options for daydream are available. It's called daydream. Perviously it has to be docked for that but how do you dock a nexus?

Displaying your currents feed is another daydream option.

I got OK Google working

Another nice feature is now you can turn your nexus into a photo frame while charging. Other options for daydream are available. It's called daydream. Perviously it has to be docked for that but how do you dock a nexus?

Displaying your currents feed is another daydream option.

I got OK Google working

Are the settings in one panel or dual like in 4.3, I will miss that if it's the same as on the phone!!

Are the settings in one panel or dual like in 4.3, I will miss that if it's the same as on the phone!!

Ah that's what's different. I couldn't put my finger on it last night.

Bad news flash appears to be broken.

Other difference. TuneIn radio is now full screen on the lock screen. Before it was a small widget. I noticed some apps where updated to support KitKat features

I haven't checked everything out yet

Ah that's what's different. I couldn't put my finger on it last night.

Bad news flash appears to be broken.

Other difference. TuneIn radio is now full screen on the lock screen. Before it was a small widget. I noticed some apps where updated to support KitKat features

I haven't checked everything out yet

Kinda crazy how Google realeasd it for the Nexus 10 and took a step back on how having one panel settings.....begs the question as to how much it was actually tested, right!?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Is there a new Nexus 10 rumoured to be out soon?
    I'm thinking of getting one for Xmas and wondering will there be a price drop on this one. I would love to get the newer version though :-D

Does anyone know where I could use a OneForAll voucher to buy a Nexus 10 online?

Kinda crazy how Google realeasd it for the Nexus 10 and took a step back on how having one panel settings.....begs the question as to how much it was actually tested, right!?

It depends whether they consider it a bug or feature. And even so it is minor feature/bug as long as the settings work.

I think nexus 11 is the successor and certainly not planned before Christmas or we would have heard more about it

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

That's entirely a Samsung issue. 4.3 has been a stable vanilla android release for a year with no issues. If Samsung load crapware onto their phones that breaks Android that is not Googles problem, although sadly most people won't get that and just think "OMGZZZ android is teh crapness".

*DING*

I'm currently running 4.4 on my S3 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

I think nexus 11 is the successor and certainly not planned before Christmas or we would have heard more about it
    What makes you think Google will bring out an 11 inch tablet?

Advertisement