Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nexus 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Guys just on the battery life question. How long are you seeing on average when your just browsing?

Also how long does a full empty to full charge take using the usb cable, & if anyone has got the pogo cable how long does it take using that?

Weighing up whether to go for the nexus 10 or an ipad & battery life is a definite factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Hey there

If battery life is the most important thing to you, i'd probably go elsewhere. But saying that, the battery life of the Nexus 10 is excellent, considering the size and resolution of the screen. I get about 7-8 hours of video playback on mine, and easily a full days internet browsing/email. It really is a classy tablet, I'm delighted with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

I got a N10 last week, I love it but I've encountered a battery charging problem. Most of the times I plug my N10 into the USB power adapter or PC, the N10 displays 0% battery and turns itself off (it happens at any battery level). It charges while turned off and when unplugged and switched on it displays the actual power level. Sometimes it happens when I unplug it as well. It happened with the stock ROM and since I installed SentinelROM 4.4.

Anyone else encountered this or have ideas to fix this? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Have you tried a different charger??

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

madmoe wrote: »
    Have you tried a different charger??

Yup. Tried it with my Nexus 7 charger and it still happens. :confused:

• Advertisement

Jilm wrote: »
    Yup. Tried it with my Nexus 7 charger and it still happens. :confused:

OK. I'm selling an official Nexus 10 Pogo charging cable if anyone is interested??

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Hi All,

I have just recently bought a Nexus 10 from Google, expecting it in next 2 weeks etc, just wondeirng do I need anything else like a charger. Its bought from UK Google Play so just want to be best prepared

Thanks
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

ispini1984 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have just recently bought a Nexus 10 from Google, expecting it in next 2 weeks etc, just wondeirng do I need anything else like a charger. Its bought from UK Google Play so just want to be best prepared

Thanks
    :D

Hi there

Great choice of tablet :) Nope you dont need to buy a charger, its supplied in the box. The only thing I bought for mine is a cover, which also acts as a stand for putting it on a table. Nothing else required really :)

Looking for a Nexus 10 guys and was wondering if any anyone on here has grown tired of their's by any chance and wants to offload it :-) If so shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Havent noticed any clicking on the case on mine - know some people were reporting it on the N7 but that's a different manufacturer.

Check the Play store for the Chrome Beta version. I was having a few random crashed with the standard Chrome browser (think it wasnt playing nicely when certain apps were updating in the background, especially Beautiful Widgets HD). I'm finding the beta version of Chrome works much better and rarely crashing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Hi CM,

can you explain with a little more detail about the click, do you notice any flexibility/movement in the cover - i.e. does it click when you hold a certain part - might be a lose cover connection - My gut feeling on it is that it is not normal, I haven't noticed it on mine (bought the first week of going on sale).

Depending on how bad the issue is, if it was me, I'd nearly be thinking of looking for an exchange...not a nice thing to have to do after only getting the device, I know.

Chrome has, historically been quite unstable, particularly on tablets, although a number of recent updates have it seems stabilised it, for me anyway. Perhaps try to do a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Firefox and dolphin work very well on the N10, as does Chrome beta

Morning All,

So I bought the Nexus 10 through Google Play, my question is around the warranty. How do I get it set up?

It states you need the seller to sign it before you send it to Samsung.

Any ideas??

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It mostly runs ok for me, but a bit stuttery if apps are updating in the background, although I do notice a bit of lag at other time too, but nothing too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Simpsons works fine on my one, just don't multitask too many heavy apps or games and I usually just update my apps manually when I'm not gonna be doing anything else on it.

I've had a few android devices and they all lag when updating apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vince086

Any luck finding a place to claim warranty ?

I guess with a Nexus 7 you could take it back to the shop but since no place sells it here that's not an option.

I've got some software bug on mine preventing me from using the camera, still won't work after Factory Reset.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Any help on how to install Flash player on Nexus 10 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

ispini1984 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Any help on how to install Flash player on Nexus 10 ??

Guide here
    How to Install Flash on the Nexus 10

Go to Settings > Security > and check “Unknown sources” under Device Administration.
    Go to Google Play and download Firefox (or another browser that you are sure has Flash support).

Next, download Flash from the Adobe website by clicking here.
    Drag the downloaded file labeled ‘install_flash_player_ics.apk’ into the ‘Download’ folder on your Nexus 10.
    Now use an app like ES File Explorer to locate the APK in your Download folder and touch it.

Next, touch ‘Install’ and ‘Agree’ to install the Flash plug-in.

Note: Although I have not experienced any problems with Flash on the Nexus 10, I can not be responsible for the results of the actions you are about to take. You are installing software which is not officially supported, and could result in security or stability issues. I wouldn’t be too concerned however. I’ve been running this for more than four weeks now and have visited many sites. Content on most sites plays fine for me. Nothing bad has happened on the other sites.

To test that Flash is working, go to this page (or any other page you know has Flash on it). If you don’t see a video, touch where it says ‘Tap here to activate plugin’. After you do this, you should see a red box jumping around on the screen. I’ve noticed that most, but not all Flash files play on the Nexus 10. This appears to be due to an incompatibility between Flash and Android 4.2. If Flash videos don’t play the first time, don’t try to activate Flash on that page again. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vince086

A friend bought it from a shop in the US.
    He doesn't go back there anytime soon so that option is out the door.
    I was hoping Samsung or Google had a place in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Have a new Nexus 10, love it so far. Really bridges the gap between phone and laptop. Just a wee question about the back on it.
    When i pick it up with my right hand (the front facing camera on top) there is a SMALL big of give between the rear casing and what is underneath it, so you can feel the little bit of give (slightly) but sometimes it will make a small creak as you pick it up. Is this the same on anyone elses or am i just mentally just fussing?

Mine is the same, seems like a common enough problem judging by the number of topics I read about it online.

I got a case a few days after getting mine so it doesn't bother me.

Great to know... Cheers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

Hey there,

I have a Nexus 10 winging its way over to me right now via amazon and parcel motel. I was wondering though, is there going to be any problem with using my normal google account on this, or will I have to use tunnel bear or some **** to pretend I'm outside the UK.

In other words, once you buy the device, does it matter where you are when you use it? Is there not some "hey, you're in Ireland, you're not supposed to have an N10" restriction?

AngryLoner wrote: »
    Hey there,

I have a Nexus 10 winging its way over to me right now via amazon and parcel motel. I was wondering though, is there going to be any problem with using my normal google account on this, or will I have to use tunnel bear or some **** to pretend I'm outside the UK.

In other words, once you buy the device, does it matter where you are when you use it? Is there not some "hey, you're in Ireland, you're not supposed to have an N10" restriction?

Got mine through flubit and parcel motel and works grand, no issues...just login with google account and bobs your uncle.

Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

BKWDR wrote: »
    Got mine through flubit and parcel motel and works grand, no issues...just login with google account and bobs your uncle.

Enjoy

Nice one. Thanks dude.

Advertisement