Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nexus 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

I got that technical error message too. What i did was setup a new google account and google wallet and anythime it asked for an address i put in the parcel motel address and that seemed to work. I'm also using a swirlcard to purchase.

I wont celebrate until it ships!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Should i wait for one of these or get a nexus 7 ?
    That stunning screen is very tempting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They're different beasts. You'd need to read up on the pros and cons of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

beanian wrote: »
    I got that technical error message too. What i did was setup a new google account and google wallet and anythime it asked for an address i put in the parcel motel address and that seemed to work. I'm also using a swirlcard to purchase.

I wont celebrate until it ships!

Hmm I might just try a whole new account and see of that works. Cheers for idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

I managed to order using

(1) VPN : http://www.securitykiss.com/ (which is Dublin-based - and free for limited usage)
    (2) Parcel Motel
    (3) New Google Wallet account and card (with parcel motel address for the card). The full amount will be reserved on your card at order time, but not debited until dispatch time. So, if it's accepted at the order stage, you should be OK.

A previous attempt failed, and my credit card was locked. I only found this out today when I tried to use it to pay for groceries. One 15-min phone call later and it works again. So, be careful - some credit cards may not work, and may be locked. The above transaction used a different card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Creating a new Google account and using the parcel motel Belfast address as both the delivery address and the billing address for my pTSB Visa debit card has appeared to have worked for me.

I created the account and placed the order for a Nexus 10 with Tunnelbear switched on. Just got a confirmation email from Google so let's see if it gets shipped.

I can't even set up a new google wallet account. Keep getting a 'server error'.

Tried to buy a cheap app through my main account and had to enter card again but I;m getting another 'Error retrieving infomation from the server RPC:S-7:AEC:0'

Either servers are actually down or my card has been blocked/flagged as I tried so much stuff with it last night!

bad news, just got a cancellation email from google. I guess because the parcel motel address doesnt match the address on the credit card used.
    Any other ideas lads?

Will we be able to purchase legit from Ireland any time soon guys?

From the Play Store no.
    Best bet is PC World although they are talking about not getting stock in till after xmas

• Advertisement

bad news, just got a cancellation email from google. I guess because the parcel motel address doesnt match the address on the credit card used.
    Any other ideas lads?

I finally got one purchased it on another card. Put the billing address as your correct address but have the country as GB and the postcode the same as the parcel motel one.

I can't buy anything of google at all now with my card! Bought something small on ebay and its working ok. As soon as I used another card it worked first time.

It took ages to get this fecking thing ordered, they better not cancel it now or I'll... I'll buy an Appl... nah not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Dcully wrote: »
    Will we be able to purchase legit from Ireland any time soon guys?

PcWorld are saying January and no even specific date or time at that, They were for sale from HandTec in the uk during the week and they deliver here, but they wanted 379 for a 16gb model, pfffft!

Debating whether to go the vpn route here or not because chances of picking one up here pre christmas aint looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

How much is the 32GB working out at in € guys if bought from the UK?

Cheers,
    M

Check your card exchange rate it was €500 yesterday when I checked Visa.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Check your card exchange rate it was €500 yesterday when I checked Visa.

Just curious as the 32GB ended up costing me €442 here in the States. Holiday here today so could not be delivered but should have it in my mitts on Monday ;-)

Any other ideas lads?

I followed your method to order a Nexus 10 except I used a pTSB debit card so it will be interesting to see if I get a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

In my experience, some cards will work with substituted UK addresses (full or partial) and some won't. I tried a few different ones - both my own and borrowed, before I hit on a working combination.

As I mentioned though - some of these may trigger anti-fraud measures from your card provider, and the card might be frozen. However, it shouldn't be too hard to get them unlocked again.

I was contacted by pTSB to confirm the transaction. So far so good.

I tried last night with boi mastercard and using the parcel motel address for my delivery and card address. Current status is received by google commerce so i'll have to sit tight and see if it gets processed next

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Has there been no indication from Google as to when this will be available in Ireland? It's ****ing stupid that they can't give an update on it. Really want one, but not bothered going through the hassle of ordering it online, than having to get another company to deliver it. Will probably just go for a different tablet in the meantime, as i'm fed up waiting.

/rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 GrahamG4

Kiith wrote: »
    Has there been no indication from Google as to when this will be available in Ireland? It's ****ing stupid that they can't give an update on it. Really want one, but not bothered going through the hassle of ordering it online, than having to get another company to deliver it. Will probably just go for a different tablet in the meantime, as i'm fed up waiting.

/rant

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm not interested in jumping through hoops to get one. I'll wait until I can buy it normally. But by then CES will be upon us telling us about all the new tablets that are just on the horizon if you just wait another month or two.

its stupid the lengths I have gone through to give google my money. finally giving up and getting an iPad 4

Kiith wrote: »

/rant

Likewise, i so wanted a Nexus 10 but everything just pointed to a Nexus 7 instead as i wont be a heavy user plus the fact im on eircom 3mb broadband i wont be streaming anything anywhere near hd and since streaming,browsing etc is what i want it for then i decided the higher res screen on the N10 would be a waste.
    Add to that the fear of anything going wrong and how messy it might get if i needed to return it and explain the uk address via parcel motel etc plus the extra cost i decided to buy a Nexus 7 today and delighted im did,i got the 32GB version for €249 in PC world and so far i must say its a simply brilliant device and perfect size for my needs.

FYI for those of you still holding out. You can get it on ebay here
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-Google-Samsung-Nexus-10-Tablet-16GB-WiFi-IN-STOCK-Free-Priroity-Ship-/221157541063?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item337e0444c7#ht_2324wt_1163

Shipped from the US via FexEx for about the same as what it would cost from the UK Play store

Isn't it about €25 more, with the risk of duty and VAT on top?

dahamsta wrote: »
    Isn't it about €25 more, with the risk of duty and VAT on top?

you can go for the cheaper shipping option. It's posted as a gift so should skip customs

you can go for the cheaper shipping option. It's posted as a gift so should skip customs

I wouldnt be confident of it skipping customs at all. I import a hell of a lot fron the Us and far east and lately everything seems to be getting stopped, the "gift" trick has long gone. Your looking at an additional 122 duty+vat + handling fee if stopped so worth keeping in mind.

For anyone else who ordered from the uk play store,how long were you waiting for the order to process ect?

5500 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be confident of it skipping customs at all. I import a hell of a lot fron the Us and far east and lately everything seems to be getting stopped, the "gift" trick has long gone. Your looking at an additional 122 duty+vat + handling fee if stopped so worth keeping in mind.

For anyone else who ordered from the uk play store,how long were you waiting for the order to process ect?

How much are they going for on the UK Google Play store??

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

madmoe wrote: »
    How much are they going for on the UK Google Play store??

£319/£389 for 16gb/32gb, with £9.99 postage.

Getting a friend in Belfast to order for me this evening using the parcel motel thing as the delivery address so it gets to me in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Can't remember the sterling price, but the 16Gb works out to just over €400.

Advertisement