Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

So can you sit the HPAT next year if you did the LC in 2012?

Yeah, you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 epen2k9

No that's incorrect. You can hold your leaving certificate points from previous years. Only the hpat has to be sat in the same year of application.

No I did the hpat this year and I was informed by hpat themselves because I asked thesame question

epen2k9 wrote: »
    No I did the hpat this year and I was informed by hpat themselves because I asked thesame question

Your hpat score must be used the year you sit the exam, if that's what you mean. But the leaving cert it's being combined with can be from any previous year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 iwillarise

epen2k9 wrote: »
    No you can't.. The hpat and LC has to be taken in thesame year

Really?

This is from the HPAT website:

Candidates who register to sit HPAT – Ireland 2014 must either be in their final year of school (i.e. completing the Leaving Certificate in the year they sit HPAT – Ireland) or have completed their Leaving Certificate prior to 2014.

Guys can I just get some clarification:

I did my leaving in 2010, and have done the HPAT twice.

Can I sit it in 2015 and add the score I achieve in the 2015 exam to my 2010 leaving cert?

Also, I did maths higher level before the extra points came into play, will these be automatically added to my CAO points? I got 565 in 2010, so what would that be now when converted to 'medicine points' if im applying in 2015?

Thank you

• Advertisement

iwillarise wrote: »
    Guys can I just get some clarification:

I did my leaving in 2010, and have done the HPAT twice.

Can I sit it in 2015 and add the score I achieve in the 2015 exam to my 2010 leaving cert?

Also, I did maths higher level before the extra points came into play, will these be automatically added to my CAO points? I got 565 in 2010, so what would that be now when converted to 'medicine points' if im applying in 2015?

Thank you

Yes you can, you'll get 25 extra points so 590, which when capped is 558.

fewtins wrote: »
    Yes you can, you'll get 25 extra points so 590, which when capped is 558.

Thanks mate, fear Ill fail my undergrad this week, so that is some good news. Now to put all of my eggs in the HPAT basket!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 andersio

When will we be able to see the result? Website says mid june.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Flickka

andersio wrote: »
    When will we be able to see the result? Website says mid june.

After the leaving cert is over. Vaguely remember the 23rd. Could be wrong though!

Felt like results were forever away when we did it. Hard to believe we'll have them so soon. Not too confident at all though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

hey this is the email we got last year, you can see the timestamp in the upper right hand corner.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ellenw

When you get the results are you given a score or are they split up into three? What way is it presented?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

it will look like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

it will look like this..

Really? That would be great :P:pac:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

When people say the results come out the 23rd , do they mean the morning of the 23rd or the morning of the 24 th . Hopefully 23rd because on the 24 th I'll be stuck on a plane ! Hopefully They won't come out when I'm travelling . It would be torture!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    When people say the results come out the 23rd , do they mean the morning of the 23rd or the morning of the 24 th . Hopefully 23rd because on the 24 th I'll be stuck on a plane ! Hopefully They won't come out when I'm travelling . It would be torture!!!

They'll come out early morning of the 23rd, based on evidence from past years at any rate. :)

Slow Show wrote: »
    They'll come out early morning of the 23rd, based on evidence from past years at any rate. :)

That would be ideal as I'm not leaving until that night .

Good luck .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

That would be ideal as I'm not leaving until that night .

Good luck .

Ah it's alright I got my results last year, thanks anyway though I can put the luck towards my college exam results next week. :cool:

Getting close now :O

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wafture

Getting close now :O

Terrified!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yulkmn

for some reason think I did pretty good, to be honest guys, that hpat wasn't that difficult

• Advertisement

Yulkmn wrote: »
    for some reason think I did pretty good, to be honest guys, that hpat wasn't that difficult

Cool. I hope your as confident when you get your results . I'd love to say it wasn't that bad but I found section 1 tricky in parts . The rest was fine .

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I thought it was awful. Hope that makes all of you medicine-hopefuls more....eh hopeful! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Shanrahan

After the exam on the walk home, I stepped on dog poo and kids threw a bucket of water on top of me from the third story of an apartment block and soaked me. That better have been karma for kicking the hpats ass! Or else it was just an awful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SoundInfluence

It's irrelevant whether you found it hard or easy!
    So many people who came out crying last year ended up scoring huge while others who thought it was hard ended up with 150 or so.
    It's a lottery ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Shanrahan

It's irrelevant whether you found it hard or easy!
    So many people who came out crying last year ended up scoring huge while others who thought it was hard ended up with 150 or so.
    It's a lottery ðŸ˜

^this is true. you never know how you've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I'd like to think I did really well but no one can tell how they've done.. a girl I know was telling people she was certain she would get in last year but didn't do well in the hpat and got less than 500 points :(
    I just really hope I do well (as everyone does :P). I'm worried because I spent more time on those questions in section 1 that people had already seen so even if they take out those ones completely, my other questions may have suffered :(
    I hate how it's impossible to tell how you've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sal18c3

I'm so nervous. I'm going to be away so I'll be staying up all night waiting for the result based on time differences!
    I've heard the points are likely to drop, but how will we know if the hpat score will be enough if we don't know how much the points will drop by.. Just hoping for the best at this stage nothing more we can do

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FunTimess

i'm very nervous as well. pretty sure i did terribly but can just hope for the best. dentistry is my backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yulkmn

I have to admit that section 3 was pretty hard :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

I'm not even worried cause I know it won't be great :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement