Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sal18c3

It's so hard to tell how it went. Good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Where is everyone applying to?
    I hoping for ucc .
    I need to fill out back ups just in case . It's really hard to find other good courses or at least I'm finding it difficult .
    miissjuly wrote: »
    I'm not even worried cause I know it won't be great :(

That's basically my train of thought too , lower my expectations so that I will be delighted with anything .:)

Is there a way to multi quote on a mobile ? I can't seem to find an easy way to do it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 februaryair

Wanderer41 wrote: »
    I'm worried because I spent more time on those questions in section 1 that people had already seen so even if they take out those ones completely, my other questions may have suffered :(

Did some of the questions leak? I had no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 a1995

Cannot wait to get the results, looking forward to being able to sleep soundly again! .. Anyone else being haunted with hpat nightmares??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sal18c3

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Where is everyone applying to?
    I hoping for ucc .
    I need to fill out back ups just in case . It's really hard to find other good courses or at least I'm finding it difficult .

UCD is first choice.. I have a human health and disease course down after med. But any other suggestions would be welcomed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Shanrahan

I've trinity first choice then ucc. Then I've nano science second after all the med ones which seems very interesting too

Did some of the questions leak? I had no idea!

The med entry course thing.
    I don't think hpat ever made an official statement . They just said it was being investigated or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FunTimess

i did the ******** course, but didn't even notice the questions were similar at all. shows how much preparation i did anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 februaryair

The med entry course thing.
    I don't think hpat ever made an official statement . They just said it was being investigated or something like that.

Just read back though the thread, never even heard about that :L Thanks! :)

Just read back though the thread, never even heard about that :L Thanks! :)

No problem .
    People are speculating that there may be a drop in points this year . But then again it's only speculation .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 SoundInfluence

Well because of the new weightings in the sections I'd imagine scores will vary a lot so they'd have to change the points accordingly. Most peoples best section of the last 2 years was section 3 (myself included) so I wouldn't surprised to do worse this year to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Caolan

No problem .
    People are speculating that there may be a drop in points this year . But then again it's only speculation .

The points definitly dropped (%wise) by about 8-10 points. Mature applicants got the results and %iles in April and the general consensus amongst matures who sat the course in question was that the pre seen questions were not marked (though no official statement was made by Acer)

Good luck everyone waiting their results!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Imagine getting over 200 points and not even having to worry about the LC results....I love dreaming :P

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Caolan

Imagine getting over 200 points and not even having to worry about the LC results....I love dreaming :P

One of the matures got 213 - a cracking result.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Here's hoping for over 100 :rolleyes:

:(

Here's hoping for over 100 :rolleyes:

:(

Id be over the moon with that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FunTimess

right now, the dream is not to get in the 0-20th percentile category, which is very likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

No problem .

I don't mean to a pesimist but I doubt it somehow =(

This sounds so cheesy but I think we have to understand that no matter what we get, it is important be happy and successful in whatever we do, doctor or not.

Don't let these results define you or your future. :)

This sounds so cheesy but I think we have to understand that no matter what we get, it is important be happy and successful in
    Iwhatever we do, doctor or not.

Don't let these results define you or your future. :)

I'd rather be happy and successful as a doctor than happy and successful not being a doctor :P

• Advertisement

I'd rather be happy and successful as a doctor than happy and successful not being a doctor :P

Well you don't know that you'd be happy as a doctor. Nobody knows.
    What we want may not always be what's best for us :)

Well you don't know that you'd be happy as a doctor. Nobody knows.
    What we want may not always be what's best for us :)

You make a very valid point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nocofee

Does anyone know when the results are actually out?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

Nocofee wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the results are actually out?

They'll come out on Monday at 5-6 AM

comeclosa wrote: »
    They'll come out on Monday at 5-6 AM

Thanks, I didn't get an email from them to say this, should I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

Nocofee wrote: »
    Thanks, I didn't get an email from them to say this, should I have?

Nope, it's just based on previous years. Results come out on the Monday after the LC ends, and it's at around 6 AM.

comeclosa wrote: »
    Nope, it's just based on previous years. Results come out on the Monday after the LC ends, and it's at around 6 AM.

Great, thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

That's basically my train of thought too , lower my expectations so that I will be delighted with anything .:)

Is there a way to multi quote on a mobile ? I can't seem to find an easy way to do it .

I know yeah.. same here. I seem to see your posts everywhere as in the leaving cert threads :D

miissjuly wrote: »
    I know yeah.. same here. I seem to see your posts everywhere as in the leaving cert threads :D

But is there a way to multi quote on mobile version . If there is please tell me .
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

But is there a way to multi quote on mobile version . If there is please tell me .
    :)

I haven't found out yet(?) I just copy paste to multi quotes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement