Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRH proposed downgrade - protest on Saturday the 23rd of Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Am Chile wrote: »
    Look at Greece[/QUOTE

One sentence I have observed with the media when representatives from the Ula or Sinn Fein or others give Interviews is the look at Greece comment-what we didn,t hear in the media is about Iceland and Icelands recovery-when Iceland was in Crisis a few years ago-during the lisbon two referendum representatives from the no side were often asked look at Iceland is that where you want to go if vote no a second time-but since Iceland has recovered they never mention it in the media-if people were to took a page from what Iceland done it would be more effective then what the Greeks are doing.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-787377

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-08-12/imf-says-bailouts-iceland-style-hold-lessons-for-crisis-nations

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/12/us-iceland-idUSBRE85B12O20120612

http://www.globalresearch.ca/top-economists-iceland-did-it-right-and-everyone-else-is-doing-it-wrong/32486

Got it in one. But you need the following:

* Politicians without agendas.

* Less politicians.

* Politicians with balls.

* Politicians who put the country first.

We fail miserably on all four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Janey Mac 7-up, you really need to take some chill pills and get out more or something.

No offence meant but your posts are always the same old broken record over and over again. Anti-politician, chip on shoulder re anybody but Waterford but KK in particular seems to drive you into a frenzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

Janey Mac 7-up, you really need to take some chill pills and get out more or something.

No offence meant but your posts are always the same old broken record over and over again. Anti-politician, chip on shoulder re anybody but Waterford but KK in particular seems to drive you into a frenzy.

And which political party are you a member of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

None!

Apologies if it come across like that, but, realistically, what's posted above is the truth. And a bitter truth at that. It is politicians, and their buddy bankers and developers, who have brought us to where we are.

And now gombeen politics threaten our very City. A chill pill is far from what's needed. What do you suggest? Ignore it and hope it will go away?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

7upfree wrote: »
    Apologies if it come across like that, but, realistically, what's posted above is the truth. And a bitter truth at that. It is politicians, and their buddy bankers and developers, who have brought us to where we are.

And now gombeen politics threaten our very City. A chill pill is far from what's needed. What do you suggest? Ignore it and hope it will go away?

I want to see you on a soap box in the middle of John Robert's Square. With a megaphone.

I want to see you on a soap box in the middle of John Robert's Square. With a megaphone.

Ya might join me Dicky seeing as you seem to know everything!;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Lol jaysus - pots and kettles and what not.

Lol jaysus - pots and kettles and what not.
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lets not derail this topic any further. Every thread these days is derailed. Go to the Politics Forum with your rant.

Sully wrote: »
    Lets not derail this topic any further. Every thread these days is derailed. Go to the Politics Forum with your rant.

How is it a rant? A link was published to a legitimate newspaper article which brings into question the motives of the Minister For health, who is directly impacting WRH. Derail that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I see Kilkenny City was added to the list of 35 primary care centre locations, despite being outside the top 150 ranked locations.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0921/breaking23.html

I see Kilkenny City was added to the list of 35 primary care centre locations, despite being outside the top 150 ranked locations.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0921/breaking23.html

Shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/local/st-luke-s-is-looking-to-the-future-1-4538169

Hogan's complete and utter contempt of the Waterford hospital campaign is fairly obvious from his comments in this article from the Kilkenny people , during a sod turning for St Luke's new A&E . It's a worry that the editor of such an influential paper as the Kilkenny people can write such dross . The attitude in the north of the county is definitely at odds with continuing the SE alliance that's becoming apparent by the minute . The people in South Klikenny will be frogmarched into an alliance with James's unless they make their feelings felt within their own county .I understand and hope they will support the Waterford march this Saturday , but I would appeal to any South Kilkenny people on this forum to voice their concerns on KK boards . Sully in fairness ( who could not be accused of trolling as other WD posters were when they posted there) made some great points in his post there , but received little or no reaction from the more vociferous KK posters (and pro-James's)on there .

Deisetrek wrote: »
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/local/st-luke-s-is-looking-to-the-future-1-4538169

Hogan's complete and utter contempt of the Waterford hospital campaign is fairly obvious from his comments in this article from the Kilkenny people , during a sod turning for St Luke's new A&E . It's a worry that the editor of such an influential paper as the Kilkenny people can write such dross . The attitude in the north of the county is definitely at odds with continuing the SE alliance that's becoming apparent by the minute . The people in South Klikenny will be frogmarched into an alliance with James's unless they make their feelings felt within their own county .I understand and hope they will support the Waterford march this Saturday , but I would appeal to any South Kilkenny people on this forum to voice their concerns on KK boards . Sully in fairness ( who could not be accused of trolling as other WD posters were when they posted there) made some great points in his post there , but received little or no reaction from the more vociferous KK posters (and pro-James's)on there .

Such utter drivel really. Phil Hogan will come and go. But the people of Kilkenny will rue this for generations. Civil War politics and gombeen men at play. But here's the crucial line from that editorial:

"We hope that St Luke’s is not swallowed up by its bigger partner in the future"

They will only have themselves and "Minister" Hogan to thank for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Hopefully a big turnout on Saturday & the momentum to save WRH is kept up!

comeraghs wrote: »
    Hopefully a big turnout on Saturday & the momentum to save WRH is kept up!

Yes indeed. Hogan's true colours are really shining through now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

we had a chance to let reilly know exactly how we felt about him a few weeks ago and we were told to stay away. I have said before that it was a missed opportunity, and I stand by that statement.

best of luck whoever is going to the candlelight vigil, Im sure it will be lovely and peaceful and dignified etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

nice_very wrote: »
    we had a chance to let reilly know exactly how we felt about him a few weeks ago and we were told to stay away. I have said before that it was a missed opportunity, and I stand by that statement.

best of luck whoever is going to the candlelight vigil, Im sure it will be lovely and peaceful and dignified etc etc etc
    Don't be so patronising, the 1st march(12000-15000) got a much greater response and coverage than the noisy protest for Reilly (30?)

• Advertisement

Don't be so patronising, the 1st march(12000-15000) got a much greater response and coverage than the noisy protest for Reilly (30?)

patronising would be treating people like a personal army of followers, censorship of any other ideas/groups that have an "agenda" and dictating when and where people should protest... I dont do any of that but I can think of a couple of people who do.

and as I am sure you will nitpick my post, I will add that I have proof of censorship, and not just bad language censorship.

also, of course 15000 will get more coverage than 50, if there were 15000 at the hospital when reilly came it would have too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Has anyone gotten a response from Ciara Conway or John Deasy when asked about their position on this?

I too in past posts ,nice-very, said it was a missed opportunity to let Reilly(??) know that we were not going to lie down and felt we should have struck when the iron was hot and protested at the gate . But a lot of us were in favour of the "lovely peaceful and dignified" form of protest as you put it, if you recall ( a silent one was the one most favoured) . The protest on Saturday as far as I'm concerned is spot on . The santa hat idea is gone and it should be visually powerful , it's just a pity we are a couple of weeks too late . If by implication you are suggesting any "other" form of proest other than a peaceful one , its disappointing ( because I've agreed with many of your posts up to now ) and will give fuel to the scaremongers who sabotaged the gate protest . It's best perhaps you do stay away on Saturday

I fully intend to stay away on saturday but not because I am in favour of violence, I may have said on this thread already that I dont support violence but a more confrontational protest.

I am sure the protest will look good but for who?

I fully intend to stay away on saturday but not because I am in favour of violence, I may have said on this thread already that I dont support violence but a more confrontational protest.

I am sure the protest will look good but for who?

Did you not think the Ballybricken protest looked good ?.... or sent out a powerful message ? The politicians were ****ting themselves when they saw the turnout . I'll take guidance from the 2 girls and the Save Waterford campaign on the type of protest that's appropriate . It was refreshing that they were willing to take other ideas on board after the Santa hat controversy .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

In awful fairness, if the people of Kilkenny are happy enough to let the idea be supported by the hospital consultants and their local representative - who are you to judge? How is it 'parish pump politics' - if the Minister feels his constituents would be better with a Dublin hospital and if the suggestion isn't getting the people of Kilkenny on their feet and protesting than its what they want.

I also don't believe holding another protest when Reilly came to Waterford would have made a difference. He already said he doesn't intend to downgrade Waterford or remove its services. The Hospital Network is an issue that is up to the individual counties part of this network to decide and the people using it.

The people of Waterford are protesting to keep the hospital intact and trying to point out the, what I feel anyway, is the completely stupid idea to send people to Dublin from neighbouring constituencies. But Reilly already said it was up to those individual bodies.

In awful fairness, if the people of Kilkenny are happy enough to let the idea be supported by the hospital consultants and their local representative - who are you to judge? How is it 'parish pump politics' - if the Minister feels his constituents would be better with a Dublin hospital and if the suggestion isn't getting the people of Kilkenny on their feet and protesting than its what they want.

I also don't believe holding another protest when Reilly came to Waterford would have made a difference. He already said he doesn't intend to downgrade Waterford or remove its services. The Hospital Network is an issue that is up to the individual counties part of this network to decide and the people using it.

The people of Waterford are protesting to keep the hospital intact and trying to point out the, what I feel anyway, is the completely stupid idea to send people to Dublin from neighbouring constituencies. But Reilly already said it was up to those individual bodies.

Where did I use the term "parish pump politics" ? I was making the point that having read numerous posts on in particular Facebook, from people in the south of the county that they supported the SE alliance , it seemed to me their voices remain unheard in the north of the county . Hogan's comments and those of the Kilkenny People reflect a disdain for the Waterford campaign . If on the other hand as you put it " the people of Kilkenny " ( ALL of Kilkenny) are happy with the situation ...you're right , who am I to judge ? And If that's the case the SE alliance should forge ahead without Kilkenny, but that's not my reading of the situation .
    As for Reilly , as I said in an earlier post we are not dealing with an honourable man here . He has stroked Balbriggan and Swords onto a critical care list and his financial problems with the nursing home he's involved with, may yet save the coalition the embarrassment of sacking him because bankruptcy might yet see him out the door in the end anyway. "He already said he doesn't intend to downgrade Waterford or remove its services. The Hospital Network is an issue that is up to the individual counties part of this network to decide and the people using it. " Get real Sully , do you seriously believe a word comes out this guy's mouth ? Maybe the break up of the SE alliance is also ..."a logistical logarithmic progression" as well ???

But Reilly already said it was up to those individual bodies.
    No it isn't. He's the boss man. The head cheese. Hiding behind a patronising barrage of BS.

Deisetrek wrote: »
    Where did I use the term "parish pump politics" ? I was making the point that having read numerous posts on in particular Facebook, from people in the south of the county that they supported the SE alliance , it seemed to me their voices remain unheard in the north of the county . Hogan's comments and those of the Kilkenny People reflect a disdain for the Waterford campaign . If on the other hand as you put it " the people of Kilkenny " ( ALL of Kilkenny) are happy with the situation ...you're right , who am I to judge ? And If that's the case the SE alliance should forge ahead without Kilkenny, but that's not my reading of the situation .
    As for Reilly , as I said in an earlier post we are not dealing with an honourable man here . He has stroked Balbriggan and Swords onto a critical care list and his financial problems with the nursing home he's involved with, may yet save the coalition the embarrassment of sacking him because bankruptcy might yet see him out the door in the end anyway. "He already said he doesn't intend to downgrade Waterford or remove its services. The Hospital Network is an issue that is up to the individual counties part of this network to decide and the people using it. " Get real Sully , do you seriously believe a word comes out this guy's mouth ? Maybe the break up of the SE alliance is also ..."a logistical logarithmic progression" as well ???

If they feel its unheard - why are they not out in force protesting like Waterford folk are? Does that not suggest that perhaps they are happy with the move?

I agree re: trust in relation to Reilly. I was just trying to show the difference between the two protests.
    No it isn't. He's the boss man. The head cheese. Hiding behind a patronising barrage of BS.

I know, but I was more explaining that he seems to be of the opinion that he will be going with what each hospital wants.

• Advertisement

If they feel its unheard - why are they not out in force protesting like Waterford folk are? Does that not suggest that perhaps they are happy with the move?

I agree re: trust in relation to Reilly. I was just trying to show the difference between the two protests.

I know, but I was more explaining that he seems to be of the opinion that he will be going with what each hospital wants.
    He has to step up. He needs to take control. That is why nobody has any respect for him. Hiding behind a sea of reports instead of calling this for what it is - rampant stupidity.

Advertisement