Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 45 minute Cross Train Mash Up - November!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

For Oryx and RQ, if she wants...

Bike Handling Intervals
    3 min warm up on tri-bike
    10 mins RPE 6, 1 min no-hands on/off*
    2 min cool down

*Not actual work out, unless you think it will work:)

Oryx & Dory...

Climbing Bursts (turbo)
    Simulate a hill by raising the bike's front wheel.
    * 10 min warm up
    * 15 minutes at a pace you can hold for an hour (90 -100 percent of HR). Once every two minutes, stand and attack for 20 pedal strokes—all out effort.
    * Spin easy for 10 minutes.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dory and Izoard. You gotta love core work. Have fun. ;)

Plank 90 seconds
    Side plank 30 seconds each side.
    Pushups. Slowly, with good form, as many as you can, 60 seconds.
    V sit wit twist 60 seconds. Choose your own weight, but not too light!
    Turkish get up (and back down) continuous 120 seconds. Choose your own weight.
    More pushups, but at each extension bring one hand up to your shoulder (high elbow, alternate arms) 60 seconds.
    Straight leg sit ups. (Be careful of your back, keep position good) 60 seconds.
    Superman 30 seconds
    Leg extensions 60 seconds
    Another 90 second plank.
    Another 30 second side plank each side.
    And for the last two and a half minutes do this or this depending on your ability. (As long as you get to the full handstand position. Other tutorials are available)

Izoard wrote: »
    For Oryx and RQ, if she wants...

Bike Handling Intervals
    3 min warm up on tri-bike
    10 mins RPE 6, 1 min no-hands on/off*
    2 min cool down

*Not actual work out, unless you think it will work:)

Oryx & Dory...

Climbing Bursts (turbo)
    Simulate a hill by raising the bike's front wheel.
    * 10 min warm up
    * 15 minutes at a pace you can hold for an hour (90 -100 percent of HR). Once every two minutes, stand and attack for 20 pedal strokes—all out effort.
    * Spin easy for 10 minutes.
    Okay. Your first one you say isnt a work out.... one minute no hands? Not a snowballs chance in hell. Sorry but I might manage one second before landing in the ditch. I see where youre going with it, but you overestimate my ability by oooh, roughly 1000%

And the second one you turn 15 minutes into 35. Cheeky.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I can do no hands on the turbo for AGES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Izoard, I forgot to mention - you should do an easy jump rope warmup of 10 minutes before the 15 minute "real" session, then a 10 minute cool down after. ;) (Good catch Oryx.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Izoard, I forgot to mention - you should do an easy jump rope warmup of 10 minutes before the 15 minute "real" session, then a 10 minute cool down after. ;) (Good catch Oryx.)

My first attempt at this will be to complete 15 revs of the rope in 15 mins...small steps:)

Completed Oryx's very cruel killer core session. It wasn't pretty, and I had to have hubby spot me for the handstand at the end (and I could not hold it for as long as you had "suggested"), but I got it done. Upper body, abs, and core are weak spots for me - all my strength is in my legs - so this is something I really need. I pretty much would have been given a barely passing grade today for my performance, but I will attempt this again in a few days and will try to incorporate aspects of this in my daily/weekly routine to make me a better athlete. Tomorrow, it will be Izoard's bike session. :)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Completed Oryx's very cruel killer core session. It wasn't pretty, and I had to have hubby spot me for the handstand at the end (and I could not hold it for as long as you had "suggested"), but I got it done. Upper body, abs, and core are weak spots for me - all my strength is in my legs - so this is something I really need. I pretty much would have been given a barely passing grade today for my performance, but I will attempt this again in a few days and will try to incorporate aspects of this in my daily/weekly routine to make me a better athlete. Tomorrow, it will be Izoard's bike session. :)
    Don't worry about holding the handstand. You can take a break and go back into it. Very good for shoulder strength and stability or so I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Macrani my challenge to you is as follows:

Warm up as you like.

3x1 min flat out as follows:

1 min bicep curls (10kg)

I min press ups

1 min tricep dip

12 mins rowing machine - resistance 3/4 way - flat out.

Please report back on metres covered.

Please enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

rowing machine - resistance 3/4 way - flat out

:eek: Now that's cruel :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Warm up as you like.

1 min bicep curls (10kg)

I min press ups

1 min tricep dip

Please enjoy!!!

Jesus ...12mins flat out on rowing machine....shell have you ever rowed??
    that is absolute torture- i love it, sorry I didnt get into this now...Shotgun perhaps if this goes well we can do a christmas mash up too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

:eek: Now that's cruel :D

+1 Mick will be dead after it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

@littlemsfickle, thanks I will try your tonight

so for you, an old easy speed set I used to do on the bike and was going to try it running, (not sure if it would be the same) so will let you choose Bike\Run

normal warm up,
    6 seconds sprint, 24 sec rec *12
    2-3min easy
    6 seconds sprint, 24 sec rec *10
    2-3min easy
    then repeat 8,6,4,2,1

Izoard's climbing bursts done!! I actually liked this (hope I did it correctly) and having the front end of my bike elevated was much more comfortable for me on this particular bike....which reminds me that I need to make a few adjustments to the seat position. I used a big, chunky block of wood to raise my front tire 8 inches....and got 6 bursty sets done after a nice 10 minute warm up. While I was into my 10 minute post-bursty-sets cool down, I decided to do a second set of 6 bursty sets (but this time with 25 pedal strokes each leg). Finished up with a very nice and extended cool down. Great session!! Will do this again! :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Warm up as you like.
    1 min bicep curls (10kg)
    I min press ups
    1 min tricep dip
    Please enjoy!!!

"Charmed, I'm sure" :rolleyes:
    I was wondering when the hurt was coming.
    I'm going to have to Google those terms. My only problem is I don't have weights, a rowing machine or gym membership.:o

Now for your challenge, missy. I know the rules state 1no. 15min challenge x 3 times during Nov. I'm going to bend it with the OPs permission and give you 3 different challenges each time.

1. Swim: 2 x 200m (as 50m breathing every 3 breaths, 50m every 5, 50m every 7, 50m every 9) 10 secs RT between each 50; followed by 6 x 50 sprints 15 sec RT.
    2. Bike: Hill repeats (hill must be at least Cat 5). 5 x (2 mins climb, 1 min recovery (you can turn and go back down if hill is not long enough))
    3. Run: A cross country race of your choice (inspired by JBs recent escapades)

For each challenge, warm up as you like.
    I'm looking forward to your report:D

Macanri wrote: »
    I'm going to have to Google those terms. My only problem is I don't have weights, a rowing machine or gym membership.:o

Now for your challenge, missy. I know the rules state 1no. 15min challenge x 3 times during Nov. I'm going to bend it with the OPs permission and give you 3 different challenges each time.

1. Swim: 2 x 200m (as 50m breathing every 3 breaths, 50m every 5, 50m every 7, 50m every 9) 10 secs RT between each 50; followed by 6 x 50 sprints 15 sec RT.
    2. Bike: Hill repeats (hill must be at least Cat 5). 5 x (2 mins climb, 1 min recovery (you can turn and go back down if hill is not long enough))

push ups - don't need weights
    tricep dips - arm of the couch
    bicep curls - load 2 small bags with something heavy

No rowing machine - 300 squats pulling one of those weights from the floor up to your chest each time would suffice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

push ups - don't need weights
    tricep dips - arm of the couch
    bicep curls - load 2 small bags with something heavy

No rowing machine - 300 squats pulling one of those weights from the floor up to your chest each time would suffice :D

Thank you, sir.

I think I'll fnd a rowing machine somewhere (sounds easier than what you propose!):p

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

You cannot be serious!!! That swim set is just pure mean. I'm going to have to Google those terms. My only problem is I don't have a swimsuit or a bike!!!!;)

Luckily for me I have taken part in four x-country events this last month both county and provincial events. I looooooove it, savage stuff but really reaps great benefits. Do it every year for my sins.

I hope you can sort out something re gym, maybe just pay for once off use? I wanted to set a challenge that was not too complicated to remember!!!

Thank you Sir and I will give it my all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

My only problem is I don't have weights,

Those 5l water containers filled with water are 5kg in weight perfect substitute for kettle bells. No excuses.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

First box ticked. I did Griffin100s 15 minutes of kicking torture this morning. 5min had me covering 175m each time. Much less than shotgun, but then I don't own fins to cheat like he did. So I cheated a different way, hugging the kick board to stop from drowning. It was either that or use my arms too much. I don't kick good :(

• Advertisement

BTH wrote: »
    First box ticked. I did Griffin100s 15 minutes of kicking torture this morning. 5min had me covering 175m each time. Much less than shotgun, but then I don't own fins to cheat like he did. So I cheated a different way, hugging the kick board to stop from drowning. It was either that or use my arms too much. I don't kick good :(

Right Gloves off, Fins off Kid... I'll see you at the back of the ally after school..

Attempt 2 in the morning, no Fins for Griff's challenge this time. My kick is rubbish, I'll do well to hit 175 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭griffin100

Right Gloves off, Fins off Kid... I'll see you at the back of the ally after school..

Attempt 2 in the morning, no Fins for Griff's challenge this time. My kick is rubbish, I'll do well to hit 175 :o

Ok if it's all too easy try the 5 mins kick without fins or kick board - now that's hard :)

I plan an MCOS inspired squatastic 15 mins tomorrow. The ginger one can feck off if he thinks I'm doing his challenge......well maybe when the wife and kids are out.

griffin100 wrote: »
    Ok if it's all too easy try the 5 mins kick without fins or kick board - now that's hard :)

I plan an MCOS inspired squatastic 15 mins tomorrow. The ginger one can feck off if he thinks I'm doing his challenge......well maybe when the wife and kids are out.

B1tch, you get out there and you shake that booty......

sorry :o

Boss you'll have to post a back up challenge. XC fixtures may rule out a weekend trip to the hills (unless I can fit in 45 minutes of uphill running in Nenagh over the weekend :eek:) XC fixture on the 25th currently unconfirmed, of course I'll try to do both challenges because I'm dead 'ard ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Boss you'll have to post a back up challenge. XC fixtures may rule out a weekend trip to the hills (unless I can fit in 45 minutes of uphill running in Nenagh over the weekend :eek:) XC fixture on the 25th currently unconfirmed, of course I'll try to do both challenges because I'm dead 'ard ;)

Challenge 1: As stated.

Challenge 2 (Alternate): 1 mile jogging along the seafront in 15 minutes, followed by tea and cakes with the girls.

Your choice.

Fair enough, take the piss if you want but club duties come before a circa three hour round trip for a challenge on the internet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Fair enough, take the piss if you want but club duties come before a circa three hour round trip for a challenge on the internet...

Just pick someone else's challenge.

*Edit* Or 15 minutes on a treadmill set to max elevation.

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Just pick someone else's challenge.

Zumba Zumba Zumba!!!! :)

Glorified aerobics.

Why did I just watch 5 minutes of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭griffin100

With video evidence to show you did it!!!!

Advertisement