Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 45 minute Cross Train Mash Up - November!!

Options
  • 23-10-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

There is a winter cross train thread on the A/R forum but I figured we could add a bit of 'messing' to our version :D The idea is this.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFoXJDkXabUc50tyrk4vOTHGfKowTOzLszbfpye4-KX5bH7XLH1g

You create a 15 minute challenge for your 'opponent' who has to complete/attempt to complete it 3 times over the course of November. You can make the challenge whatever you like but ideally it will be fun, realistic and perhaps beneficial to your 'opponent' in the long run.

You must post some sort of comment/report to say you did it. You can do all 3 attempts in a row or one a week its up to you.

Thank this post or post something in the next few days if you want to be involved. I'll throw all the names into a hat and draw mash up pairs for November :)

You may think of a creative XC challenge between now and then but may change your mind completely when you find out who you are up against!!

You can also do any of the challenges set out by anyone else, (including the one you prescribed!) as long as you have completed your 'opponent's' challenge 3 times first.

The winners will be anyone who takes part, has a bit of craic and gains something fitness related from it :)

As an example I'll pull Oryx vs Griffin100 out of the hat, they will then post their challenge to each other

Oryx
    @Griffin100
    5mins burpees, 5 mins hopping on left leg, 5 min hopping on right!

Griffin100
    @Oryx
    15min straight backstroke!

Are you in?!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Can I get RQ??

15min cycling without falling off. :D

Or Tunney??

Run with a Polar for 15 minutes.

This could be fun.

And no sun-bed gags please :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

5k in 15mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Bambaata wrote: »
    5k in 15mins?
    Jesus I hope I don't get you! unless that's cycling yea :-)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hey, do I have to swim or something? :)

Good idea. Seeing as you already got me involved, Im in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Should the challenge be something that the challenger has done or is capable of doing or are they likely to be as masochistic as the challenger can imagine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭griffin100

Eh ok I'm in, burpees are better than backstroke for me anyway :) Given how unfit I'm becoming I'd better go and hunt out one of the wife's sports bras for these.

I might event do them like this;

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Motley Crüe all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Are the use of hay bales allowed? :D

Cool 12 in so far, thats going to be 12 interesting 15 minute fitness challenges on the menu for November already :)

@Oryx... that will be down to the whim of your 'opponent' ;)
    @AKW... ideally you will design the challenge to suit your 'opponent'. Make it tough if you like but no point in creating an impossible challenge. Ideally it will be fun too as we will expect people to report on how they found the challenge. If its too easy they can dust off your challenge in one foul 45 minute swoop... Its entirely up to your imagination. I'd imagine BTH could do with some tabata intervals for instance :D Other people might just need 15 minute of lovin' :D
    @hoochiedoubledee - hay bales? sure thing. It will be up to your 'opponent' to find the next best suitable thing to substitute for hay bales if none are easily available. Plenty of kids hangin' out on street corners you could hurdle...

I'll post the mash ups at the end of the week. If there is an uneven number I'll omit myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just so you know, my preferences are kingQuez, BTH and jackyback. I could have a LOT of fun with this! :D

I'll post the mash ups at the end of the week. If there is an uneven number I'll omit myself.

Not so easy there young man. If there's an odd number, then we have a threesome!!!

Just so you know, my preferences are kingQuez, BTH and jackyback. I could have a LOT of fun with this! :D

Will it involve drinking??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

BTH wrote: »
    Will it involve drinking??

Well it is 'party season'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Stick me down if I can get RQ for setting a challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Stick me down for the craic.

15 in so far. Mash up pairs will be announced tomorrow.

JB are you saying you will only play with RQ?! You sure you want to take on one of the hoochies for this... apparently they think us lads don't know what pain is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

please stick me down also, but please go easy on me

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

BennyMul wrote: »
    please stick me down also, but please go easy on me
    Never :)

15 in so far. Mash up pairs will be announced tomorrow.

JB are you saying you will only play with RQ?! You sure you want to take on one of the hoochies for this... apparently they think us lads don't know what pain is!!

Yes she needs to learn how to ride her bike!!

• Advertisement

Refer to the OP for the rules

Shell to Run vs Macrani
    AKW vs Bambaata
    Raccoon Queen vs Kurt Godel
    Bennymul vs littlemsfickle
    Dory Dory vs Oryx
    Izoard vs Jackyback

and because there was an uneven number we have a threesome ...
    BTH vs shotgunmcos vs Griffin100
    each person here creates a challenge that the other 2 must complete or attempt to complete twice!

All post your 15 minute 'cross train' challenges in the next few days please.

The fun begins!

Refer to the OP for the rules

Shell to Run vs Macrani
    AKW vs Bambaata
    Raccoon Queen vs Kurt Godel
    Bennymul vs littlemsfickle
    Dory Dory vs Oryx
    Izoard vs Jackyback

and because there was an uneven number we have a threesome ...
    BTH vs shotgunmcos vs Griffin100
    each person here creates a challenge that the other 2 must complete or attempt to complete twice!

All post your 15 minute 'cross train' challenges in the next few days please.

The fun begins!

Thats not the kind of sexy threesome I had in mind. Boooo :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Finally the mods get a little work and no sign of any of them :D

catweazle wrote: »
    Finally the mods get a little work and no sign of any of them :D

You called..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

is it safe to 'Like' this idea now? :D

I will make way to keep the numbers even, enjoy.

I will make way to keep the numbers even, enjoy.

Boo. :(:mad: Quitting is not in your DNA!!!! Dammit!!

Ah JB are you saying Izoard will have to play with himself for 15 mins so?

Okay...I'll go first (which may not be wise, but here we go...)....

Oryx....my challenge to you is something we all did in grade school, skipping rope. I'd like for you to skip rope in whatever fashion you can muster for 15 minutes, but a few ideas are as follows -

Skip rope for 3 minutes to warmup, rest 30 seconds - then alternate high intensity skip for 1 minute, rest for 30 seconds.

Another idea is found here:
    http://www.superskinnyme.com/lose-weight-jump-rope.html
    (you can modify this however you like)

But my favorite idea for you is something along these lines...with music. Some great moves here I'd love for you to learn and embrace. :D

Bottom line - be creative, you can come up with your own workout to fit your style and personality - you just need to do it for 15 minutes and report back to us. ENJOY!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭griffin100

BTH wrote: »
    Thats not the kind of sexy threesome I had in mind. Boooo :mad:

How do you think I feel - I've seen photos of you :mad:

Ok, considering who I'm matched up with how about a swim challange:
    5 mins kick (fins allowed) / 5 mins threading water / 5 min kick - all done without a break :D

Advertisement