Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the abortion protests in NI last?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chimpokomon

skinny1980 wrote: »
    If a woman changes her mind ahead of the birth why shouldn't she be allowed to abort? I fail to see what the problem is.

You never answered my question as to whether you think killing a newborn is okay. Physiologically there's no difference. Also, at that stage she would have had to give birth anyway, why not just allow it to live? I have to say, I'm still not sure if you're serious or not... if you are then that is some scary shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Even if there was no time limit on abortion I can't see it being a popular option.

Abortion is not an easy process and the later it happens the harder it is.

A woman will have to go through months of pregnancy which kinda defeats the purpose - most women have abortions because they don't want to be pregnant - and physically a late term abortion is childbirth so there is all the physical trauma of that, mentally to go through all that would be a lot harder than an early abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

This is about the protest at a clinic which will only be offering abortion up to 9 weeks of pregnancy under very limited terms and mentioning the extremism of very late term abortions is an utter redherring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

3OcF2.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

krudler wrote: »
    Becuase you're going into a much bigger grey area from a morality standpoint, the reason abortions have a term they're allowed to be performed in is because the definition of fetus/child becomes less and less, I may be pro-choice but there's a difference between an abortion at 9 weeks and one at 39 weeks. the unborn child is much more developed and almost ready to be born, you seriously can't think aborting a baby a few days from birth is the same as a few weeks developed fetus? smells like trolling to me.

Exactly. I was born at 38 and a half weeks. Judging by the posters comments, killing me would have been well within my mother's rights. I am all for pro choice and I believe giving women this choice is something that should have been done years ago. However at 39 weeks, this women had gone through the pregnancy and was not given the choice "abort or raise the child", adoption is always an option.

As for the OP question? I think the fair weather protesters will die off in time, there will always be protesters as there will always be people on the street handing out pictures of dead babies etc in their quest for pro life.
    That is life, we a lucky enough to live in a democracy where we can discuss such matters in an (hopefully) adult way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

skinny1980 don't post in this thread again. Suggesting infanticide is hardly going to be condoned by any rational human being, so either you're trolling or not a rational human being. I can't see too many alternatives. Like I said, Don't post in this thread again. Do and it will be deleted and you will likely receive a ban. Thank you.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In reply to Krudler who said "if you get made redundant after giving birth and can't afford the baby, just kill it, its not affecting anyone." You said
    "Well why not?". That's infanticide.

This is the last warning. No more posts or you're getting a ban.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

skinny1980 has been banned from the forum for ignoring mod instructions, being a troll and a likely sitebanned rereg. I've removed most of her derailing posts in the last couple of pages and those folks who replied to her. Hope ye don't mind. This way we can get back to the topic as opposed to giving airtime to as Sharrow describes this red herring.

Advertisement