Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

What a show!! Unrivalled in so much, really gonna miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The ending of Banshee was like an epic game ending! What a phenomenal tv series, one of the best I have ever watched!! How they managed to wrap it up in one episode and do so in such a way as to make you want more was just brilliant!!! Such a great show

I also echo the comments that I'd love to see a Job spin off - he is some character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Delightfully simple but poignant finale after a mediocre last series, Funny one liners and yes it is set up for spinoffs...

Banshee, PA come back and kiss my ????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That was a great finale! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,090 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It was a good season finale, it was a slightly poorer season then we have been used to and if it was a sign of things to come they have signed off at just the right time.

Congrats to the showrunners for having the balls to do that too btw, so many shows just go on and on longer then they should because they found success.

It is open for a return, maybe a spin off. The scene that got to me most was actually Proctor killing Clay. Made me very sad, the thought of not having a new episode to watch ever also makes me very sad!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭squonk

Like everyone else I thought it was a good final episode. Everything wrapped up pretty well. Job's line "Well, since we're all whippin' our sh*t out!" made me laugh out loud. He was sorely underused this season. So many great moments, the brocket launcher, Brock telling the nazi cop how things were going to go, hood beating the crap out of Clay. That Clay/Hood fight was a missed opportunity. We've seen so many times that Clay is a serious badass and I really don't see Hood coming out ahead in a face off. The real outcome I think is that they either kill each other or end up fairly equally incapacitated. They needed Proctor to haul in on that match. Clay I think went way too easy.

All in all though it's a nice wrap up and it's a shame to see the show go. It'll be a while before we see anything come close again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

So, it's going to be a tough week. A week where we know Banshee is finished.

Time to fill the void
    For those that haven't already watched them - I'd imagine Justified & Sons Of Anarchy would offer some reprieve.
    Both have a strong ensemble cast, both have a bit of fun combining wit & violence all within a relatively small town/surrounding area.

SOA outstays it's welcome, become a bit tired after Season 5/6. Justified actually finished with one of it's strongest season arcs and I maintain is one of the most consistently well written shows I've seen.

Unfortunately, I've seen both of these shows... So what about me?
    I was thinking of giving Strike Back a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Unfortunately, I've seen both of these shows... So what about me?
    I was thinking of giving Strike Back a chance?

Ya do it. Strike Back is great. But the last 2 seasons, while being entertaining, there was an obvious drop in quality. It still looked great, but the story arcs were very poor.

Not seen SOA, but heard it outstays its welcome, so not going to chance it.

Justified was brilliant though, once you get over Season 1, which was just a villain of the week type show. It got really good after that.

Back to Banshee though, I don't think we will ever see anything like that on TV again, it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've tried to preach to friends about Banshee but they've all come back with "its grand ...watched a few ...must watch more " but they never do. I dunno what people want outta telly :(

Cinemax has a new show starting next week called Outcast based on comic's by Kirkman ala walking dead fame. Might be worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have a backlog of tv shows to watch - new job doesnt allow me to watch much tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Best moments on Banshee?

Season 2 had some real gems but the easy standout was he Church Shootout. Absolutely ludicrous, completely OTT shootout, the epic dramatic music, the "Go, I'll catch up with you" scene in the church matched with the heist getaway (very Desmond/Penny Lost-ish). They could have finished the show right there and had a perfect two season series and at the time I genuinely thought this is it - this is how Hood goes!

Burton vs Nola
    Banshee Cadi siege

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

SOA is Hamlet on MotorBikes , great for two seasons and drops in quality hugely every year after that.

Justified I really liked all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Best moments on Banshee?

Season 2 had some real gems but the easy standout was he Church Shootout. Absolutely ludicrous, completely OTT shootout, the epic dramatic music, the "Go, I'll catch up with you" scene in the church matched with the heist getaway (very Desmond/Penny Lost-ish). They could have finished the show right there and had a perfect two season series and at the time I genuinely thought this is it - this is how Hood goes!

Burton vs Nola
    Banshee Cadi siege

Burton vs Nola , best fight scene ever put on film
    followed by Carrie vs Olek

The rest in no particular order
    I loved the Albino prison dude , he was enormous.
    UFC fighter punch up , brilliant and ludicrous
    Proctor defending the Amish community
    Carrie and husband in the pool was awesome for screaming at punk kids you really do not know what your getting yourself into !
    Go Pro robbery fight

There really was some many great things about this show (till this year)

Brocket launcher wasn't great this year? Head in a vice, Clay being a ****ing ninja, Scarface finish for Proctor etc this year had some very good moments too, just wasn't up to its usual high standard overall.

Cult and change of location hurt it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Great finale, really sad the end dialogue between Sugar and Hood ... but had to happen.

Proctor - left open for a reason ? - spinoff maybe ?

Best lines in this episode for me from Brock :

"Time and experience son ... time and experience .. "

"Now you go write that bull**** report and I'll sign it "

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭squonk

We may have a substitute somewhat in Preacher. Some good fights and violence in that show but I can't ever see it reaching the heights Banshee did so effortlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Great finale, really sad the end dialogue between Sugar and Hood ... but had to happen.

Proctor - left open for a reason ? - spinoff maybe ?

Best lines in this episode for me from Brock :

"Time and experience son ... time and experience .. "

"Now you go write that bull**** report and I'll sign it "

:D

* oh I forgot- all the while smoking a cigar !!! :D:D:D!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Burton vs Nola
    Burton vs Nola , best fight scene ever put on film
    followed by Carrie vs Olek

Both fight scenes were absolutely vicious and brutal. Really well shot and put together. It's a testament to the crew behind the scenes that both fights involved waify women who haven't had combat training in their careers....and yet still ended up great to watch.

To be honest I found the final fight scene paled in comparison to some of the brilliant ones we've had on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It did but he was only in a car that was shoved off the side of a hill down a 100 feet and into a Ravine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

The devastating moment you remember that there is no new Banshee to watch tomorrow morning :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Dave0301 wrote: »
    The devastating moment you remember that there is no new Banshee to watch tomorrow morning :(

Tell me about it, I spotted it on the Sky Atlantic planner there and thought "woohoo I get to watch it while giving the 5am bottle" but nope, have to get something else I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Clareman wrote: »
    Tell me about it, I spotted it on the Sky Atlantic planner there and thought "woohoo I get to watch it while giving the 5am bottle" but nope, have to get something else I guess.

Give a show called Power a try. It is a Starz production. I am on the second series, it is a good watch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Give a show called Power a try. It is a Starz production. I am on the second series, it is a good watch.

I've moved onto Peaky Blinders now, extremely impressed so far but I'll add Power to the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Power is an underrated gem - was blown away by it.

On the same wavelength as Banshee - Preacher, Spartacus, Power, Strike back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

It was a fun ride. Really enjoyed this fine show.

If anyone hasn't seen it check out The Shield, one of those rare shows that just gets better the longer it goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The Shield is great. It can be a bit hit and miss early on but stick with it. It's well worth it.

However, I think it's time for a Banshee rewatch. I wonder how it will view now that I know whats coming. Back to the pilot I go! :D

Clareman wrote: »
    I've moved onto Peaky Blinders now, extremely impressed so far but I'll add Power to the list.

Ok, I have a problem, I've caught up on Peaky Blinders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Just watched the finale and it was brilliant, no other words for it. Tied up all the loose ends , righted all the wrongs and finished up on a good note.

Loved Job's "whipping out s**t line and Brock signing the bull**** report.

So many great scenes in that finale. Raging it's over but glad it ended the way it did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement