Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Multiple fights, with cuts between them. Carrie/Cruz, Bunker/brother, Hood/Proctor, Brock/Satanist. Though I'm pretty sure Hood will have to be involved in that Satanist takedown as well.

Dunno if they'll kill Dushku, rescue her in time or she's fatally wounded and dies after they free her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

As good as this season is, is anyone else struggling with the "feel" of this season ?

I know they had to change shooting location and budget was pared back but it just doesn't feel like Banshee series 1 - 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭squonk

What struck me was how busy the sheriff's office is now! They've even got a receptionist and all! Back in the day it was just the 4 cops hanging out plus whatever sumbags they had in the cells with visits by Proctor and any other a-holes trying to break the scumbags out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I enjoyed that now Brock knows the truth about Hood I expect all out carnage in the final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The serial killer storyline was crap.

Glad it's done before finale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Unearthly wrote: »
    The serial killer storyline was crap.
    Yeah, disappointed with it. It's the sort of thing 'Hannibal' would have done better and it would have done it one episode.

The real focus this season could just have been Proctor vs Neo-Nazis and Hood and Brock trying to take them down. That plus Job's rescue and Carrie's revenge run was more than enough material. I'm still enjoying the show but really think the cult-killers stole valuable screen time from more exciting plots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭squonk

Yup, it's not been quite as successful a season as I'd hoped. The demon worshippers was a waste of focus but it did explain Rebecca's fate by all accounts.

I'm hoping this final episode will be balls to the wall and maybe we'll finally get that 50 minutes continuous fight we've all been hoping for since forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

squonk wrote: »
    Yup, it's not been quite as successful a season as I'd hoped. The demon worshippers was a waste of focus but it did explain Rebecca's fate by all accounts.

I think the only reason they were in it, was to show that Rebecca was not killed by them, I think they were a massive red herring and it will come out early in the next episode that Rebecca was just made to look like one of their victims and it was really Proctor or Burton (or shock twist that won't happen Carrie).

But ya sooo much to happen in the finale. No way will they be fit to wrap up every storyline. The body count will be high.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Really hope the last episode pulls it out of the bag , as by any reasonable measure this season has been a huge disappointment .

Job rescue could have been epic -was meh
    Back story on Job and Hood -skipped
    Job very underused this year
    Sugar not used at all this year
    Clay , not really used and his one fight scene of note happened off screen -although cool looking it is disappointing
    Satanists -unnecessary and wholly unsatisfying conclusion (ended with like a 3 second fight) .
    Rebecca death looked like it was really important , in the end was nothing just bad timing
    Carrie becoming Batman/the punisher , again unnecessary but I did like the plant explosion
    Dushku - Was surprised with her casting , could have been used so much better , nothing Heroin backstory that is going nowhere as well , plus very tame love scene based on previous seasons.
    Nazi big bad over before it started
    Nazi second in command -all right his story has been decent but no real build with Hood so not sure where the pay off comes from.
    Proctor has got screen time but done nothing with it.
    Nazi cop is only person who this season has been good too.

This has been a show which has had multiple epic fight scenes in the first 3 seasons , not one of note this year. Getting serious blue balls from the show this season.
    TBH unless something epic happens in last episode , I will be advising late comers to the show to stop at season 3 ,like I advise Dexter watchers to stop at season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

TBH unless something epic happens in last episode , I will be advising late comers to the show to stop at season 3 ,like I advise Dexter watchers to stop at season 4.

Its nowhere near that bad. Its still very entertaining, just not as absolutely bat sh1t crazy entertaining as Seasons 1 - 2 were and Season 3 being completely off the scale.

It must be all build up for a crazy finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

Really hope the last episode pulls it out of the bag , as by any reasonable measure this season has been a huge disappointment .

Job rescue could have been epic -was meh
    Back story on Job and Hood -skipped
    Job very underused this year
    Sugar not used at all this year
    Clay , not really used and his one fight scene of note happened off screen -although cool looking it is disappointing
    Satanists -unnecessary and wholly unsatisfying conclusion (ended with like a 3 second fight) .
    Rebecca death looked like it was really important , in the end was nothing just bad timing
    Carrie becoming Batman/the punisher , again unnecessary but I did like the plant explosion
    Dushku - Was surprised with her casting , could have been used so much better , nothing Heroin backstory that is going nowhere as well , plus very tame love scene based on previous seasons.
    Nazi big bad over before it started
    Nazi second in command -all right his story has been decent but no real build with Hood so not sure where the pay off comes from.
    Proctor has got screen time but done nothing with it.
    Nazi cop is only person who this season has been good too.

This has been a show which has had multiple epic fight scenes in the first 3 seasons , not one of note this year. Getting serious blue balls from the show this season.

Agree with most of that. The satanist thing was crap, no need for dushku. Job especially and Sugar criminally underused. Like you say I thought Jobs rescue was going to be epic. It wasn't.

Loved Clay sitting in the nazi gaff and when the glasses come off you know theres gonna be an asskicking. (unlikely as it was but hell its Banshee).

Really don't know how they are going to wrap it up but i think its going to be disappointing.

Carrie will kill Proctor i think. Maybe Clay will kill Carrie and Hood will kill Clay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

They gave a big tease back to Hood's "Ops" days as well; both in the Season 3 finale with Dalton and even with the guns dealer in the Season 2.
    I really expected Dalton to be a big part of the end-game when he was introduced, and while I loved the abrupt disposal of him; I really had expected Hood & Co to go full revenge on him over the course of a few episodes for kidnapping Job.

The inevitable Proctor/Hood showdown doesn't seem as earned this season either. Their only issues this season revolved around Rebecca, and that's supposedly done now, so would their conflict just be a proxy to Carrie's revenge for the house attack he organised?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There was absolutely nothing epic about the finale yet I loved the complete simplicity to the closure of it's storylines.

Farewell.

"Banshee Pennsylvania you can suck my tit"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There was absolutely nothing epic about the finale yet I loved the complete simplicity to the closure of it's storylines.

Farewell.

"Banshee Pennsylvania you can suck my tit"

This +100

Nice simple ending, all lose ends tied up, everything has closure and everyone goes about their lives. Sugar's monologue at the end was a bit cheesey but it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, very good finale. I wish Jonathan Tropper had written more of the episodes this season. The season was bookended by two of the strongest episodes out of the 8 (both written by him).

"The butler did it" was a great line, and I loved the rocket launcher (or brocket launcher!)

I did think there'd be more casualties though.

I'm going to enjoy watching it all again in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I think hood should've died.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

A good finale to a weaker than usual season.

Happy they didn't shoe-horn in a Hood/Proctor battle. It obviously would have made sense given the first three seasons, but just wasn't finding it's place this time around and Proctor met his end in a nice little ambiguous finish.

So the cult really was just a misdirect to ultimately lead to Clay being behind Rebecca's murder. It was definitely the weakest aspect of the season.

Are we to assume Veronica knew Hood was a criminal the whole time, or did she just come across that as a parting gift? One thing I did like about her character was that she was actually able to get inside his head - How Hood could say Carrie was the only one that knew the real him wasn't exactly true.
    Cina wrote: »

Why?
    Yes, he brought a lot of sh*t to people's doorsteps, but the guy had been broken so many times in so many ways, his getaway was earned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Cina wrote: »
    he did

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And the final post credits scene.

Great episode. Thought I wanted Hood to kill Proctor, but all his crimes coming back to kill him seems right.

Surprised everyone made it out alive. When Hood and Carrie were standing staring at each other I was expecting Carrie to be shot.

And Brock is a smart sheriff. Not just because he blew up the lorry with a rocket launcher, but knowing it was better to keep Proctor away from the precinct. He learned a lot from Hood.

And of all the names, John Smith.

I think one person who really deserves more work after this series is the stunt/fight coordinator

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I enjoyed the end but I felt they left it open for a future return by not killing off any of the main characters.

I'm sad it's over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

the last season was a major disappointment. The nazi guys and the Dushku character were just so annoying. Glad they didn't have Hood end up with Carrie and play happy family. This series has spoiled fight scenes for me in other shows because nothing comes close to the intensity of the fights filmed for this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Didnt enjoy this season as much as the first 3. Having to move the show from one state to another probably didn't help. Will still miss it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Didnt enjoy this season as much as the first 3. Having to move the show from one state to another probably didn't help. Will still miss it.

Great username :D

I'd like to think of a Tom Reacher type role for Hood could lead to a decent series, going from town to town fixing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Excellent ending to an excellent series. The scene between the nazi brothers where he held him as he died, Jaysus. I thought Proctor might get a Scarface ending and was delighted when it showed the Cartel arriving on the cctv.

I want a Job spin off show with Carrie fighting crime while Sugar serves em drinks at their HQ.

I miss Banshee :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Was disappointed with season 4 and felt this was a poor ending

Nazi brothers and the Brocket Launcer were ok ,the rest felt rushed and without the intensity and brutality of what we saw in Seasons 1 through 3
    Clay/hood showdown was probably the worst big fight scene we have had in the 4 years. It should have been the best , In my mind Hood could not beat clay , and I thought a great out would be it taking Proctor and Hood together to defeat him ,they set this up and then did not use it !

This is one of my fav ever shows and maybe I am being to picky ,but i felt let down all through this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A great finale to an otherwise poor season. It just lacked the intensity of previous seasons, I suppose the budget cuts are to blame.

All done and said, I'm stilly pretty happy overall.

Clareman wrote: »
    Great username :D

I'd like to think of a Tom Reacher type role for Hood could lead to a decent series, going from town to town fixing problems.

Jack Reacher ! Tom Cruise.

Thought Carrie was going to get a bullet when herself and Hood were saying goodbye then I thought Job was going to get one when he paused at the door of Sugars bar. Heart was in my mouth.

Happy with that as a finale. One of the finest series in years. As someone said earlier whoever choreographed and directed the fight scenes deserves an award.

How do they even do that !! So visceral.

Heckler wrote: »
    Jack Reacher ! Tom Cruise.

I was thinking more the books than the movie, Tom Cruise should never have gotten that role

Clareman wrote: »
    I was thinking more the books than the movie, Tom Cruise should never have gotten that role

I agree wholeheartedly. Just you called him Tom Reacher earlier so I thought you might have been a fan of the Cruiser as Reacher.

• Advertisement

Heckler wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly. Just you called him Tom Reacher earlier so I thought you might have been a fan of the Cruiser as Reacher.

Complete Freudian slip, I don't think I've watched the entire movie to be honest.

Advertisement