Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Last season was one of the most perfect seasons of TV I've watched. While this one will be hard to top that, I'm excited to see how it all concludes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I think I will try to wait and then Binge on all 8 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah good luck with that one, Mr Freeze.

The best hour of TV I have seen in recent memory. What a stunning setup for the season.

Starting it 18 months later with that death was a masterstroke (I said "Jesus" the same time as Hood), and the flashbacks were just enough to remind me what happened last season.

Brilliant brilliant brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

NOooooooooooooooooooooooo.................NOooooooooooo........ No..

She can't be dead,,,, WHY? .............

• Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great start to the final season.

I have a feeling not many are going to survive to the end.

• Advertisement

It was funny when the sheriff said "Nobodies Bleeding ....Yet" ............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Very strong first episode back. I agree with other posters sentiments though, why kill one of the strongest characters ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Lili Simmons :(:(:(

Never a fan of big character deaths between seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't believe this is the last season, what a ballsy first death! Didn't see that time jump coming at all. Gonna be a long week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Can't believe this is the last season, what a ballsy first death! Didn't see that time jump coming at all. Gonna be a long week.

The time jump caught me by surprise, I thought we'd be straight into a full-blown hunt for Job, with Dalton as the 'big-bad' until mid-season, with a final showdown with Proctor to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

W0w !!!!

Great TV , only thing I don't like is the ex nazi cop, as if they would let him be a police officer with those tatoos ..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent opener and that death really threw me. Completely agree it's a great move to do a time jump and allow the back story to unfold as it did (show employs a great way of doing conversation flashbacks with cuts during conversations to older scenes).

As some of us thought, we'll be seeing more of the neo-Nazis this season. This will not go cleanly.
    Great TV , only thing I don't like is the ex nazi cop, as if they would let him be a police officer with those tatoos ..
    Umm because Hood was such a by-the-book sheriff? Even Brock has thrown that rule book out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Was pleasantly surprised to see this back, hadn't heard about the premiere coming up at all and been missing the show a hell of a lot. Best thing on tv last season in my book, and for a couple of seasons in fact. They will be hard pressed to top it with this final season but I am damn sure looking forward to the attempt they make :)

I can understand the death of the big character early, and done between seasons. With the nazis and Proctor being mayor there will be enough going on, plus it gives Proctor some serious motivation to go full on bad ass which is always great!

We get a lot of potential from that opening episode, can't wait to see how it plays out

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Best show on tv pity it has to end this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,203 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

at least the writers/creators decided to finish it themselves, and not try and drag it out as long as possible. it would to go out on a high with a great last season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Anyone have any guesses who the killer is? I'd imagine it's someone we know with the whole hidden identity when showing the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Unearthly wrote: »
    Anyone have any guesses who the killer is? I'd imagine it's someone we know with the whole hidden identity when showing the attack.

My money is on Brock :P

Great ending with Job! Only the 2nd episode but season is cracking so far. Flash backs are well placed and story moving along nicely.

Yep, great episode and the flashbacks are working well. Job with hair! :)

They are setting up a few people as potential murderers, but I think it's someone closer to home. Maybe Clay Burton?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So am I the only one who thinks its Carrie/Ana? That her vigilante for good shtick isn't just about her guilt about Job and getting her husband killed..... but also the guilt about killing Rebecca? She seems so hellbent on getting her kids back as if to distract from it or put it to the back of her mind.

Just me so. I suppose she does have a lot to feel guilty for anyway. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say it's someone we know but not one of the main characters.

At least Rebecca's death doesn't mean we won't get to see Lili anymore. And final season means anyone can die.

Was getting worried for Job when Hoon Lee's name wasn't in the opening credits. Figured his work on the TMNT series wasn't keeping him that busy.

And now we're a quarter of the way through the final season. :(

Take it they stopped the post credits scenes and just doing the bits after the title card?

CastorTroy wrote: »

Take it they stopped the post credits scenes and just doing the bits after the title card?

Yupp glad they did that, can't risk missing any vital info that might hint towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp glad they did that, can't risk missing any vital info that might hint towards the end.

I think the end credit scenes is now just before the credits, edited that way by the kind people letting us watch it so soon? Thats what I thought anyways.

And yes I am watching it after hoping to binge on it, I did a double bill and it was great, will try to do the same with eps 3 and 4.

Another excellent episode. Great acting by Hoon Lee too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mr E wrote: »
    Another excellent episode. Great acting by Hoon Lee too.

I loved the line did I miss anything while I was gone.

10/10 so far ,, this show will be a big loss when season ends,,, Love the way it only took 2 minutes before Job had a snipe at Sugar ,,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

satguy wrote: »
    10/10 so far ,, this show will be a big loss when season ends

Couldn't agree more. This season is absolutely fantastic. It's gotten even better now that Job has returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

The use of music in this season is also fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Must say I'm not too gone on the 'whodunnit' theme in relation to Rebecca - bit of a cheap device really. With all the build up to it, I can't see the required payoff unless it's a major character - one of Hood, Proctor, or Carrie. Given the clip of the attacker at the end of the last episode, my money's on Carrie.

BTW, with Hood being finger printed - will the truth out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Given the clip of the attacker at the end of the last episode, my money's on Carrie.
    The attacker certainly ran like Carrie did earlier in the episode.

Advertisement