Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,904 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There goes that mystery.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    There goes that mystery.
    Probably - certainly we know more about this Satanic death cult (which reminded me of something from Hannibal)...
    Is it possible though that Rebecca was killed by someone else and made to look like one of these deaths to cover it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Anyone else a bit disappointed with season 4 so far? Feels like there are far too many new strands being brought in for what's only an 8 episode season. We're already half way through, and I'm struggling to see where it's all going, or why I should be especially interested.

I find it strange that we're halfway through and one of the names in the opening credits hasn't appeared yet apart from a brief glimpse in flashback -
    Dayva
    Only a spoiler if you don't know the actor names, I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I think it's good, agree that there is a lot going on and not as good as previous seasons, but I think it's all building up to a crazy 2 or 3 episodes.

I don't think the cult killed Rebecca. Still think it was Proctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

The part at the end when Randell Watts was singing to the grandson, it sounded very Amish to me?

Could be significant later on, or am I mishearing it?

Dave0301 wrote: »
    The part at the end when Randell Watts was singing to the grandson, it sounded very Amish to me?

I'm assuming it was German.

But sure didn't the Amish originate from Europe so there could be slight similarities in how they sound if you speak neither.

(I could be completely wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 the sword

Think it’s been a slow season and the flashbacks are annoying me at this point. I hoping for good things in the final four episodes as the first four have been laying the groundwork.

Hate that Hood is no longer police, his I’m the law I’ll do what I want attitude is what made the show great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Dave0301 wrote: »

I just assumed it was some Nazi song. Get the kid indoctrinated nice and young!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That flame thrower scene was badassss! Carrie should get her own spin off show fighting crime with side kick Job who minds the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought it was Proctor singing once the flashback started. Terrible to see it being the scumbag neo nazi guy.

With some of the praise here so far for previous episodes I was wondering if I was the only one who wasn't really 'feeling it' this season. It's still great but I too loved the original premise with Hood as the sheriff along with the uneasy relationship with Proctor. This season seems less focused. We know the nazis are the bad guys this time round but adding the cult seems unnecessary given how short the season is. Is it just me as well or has the FBI agent just kind of shown up?

I'm coming around to thinking it was Proctor who killed Rebecca myself. Carrie looks too easy a conclusion at this point and, as we're being given nods in that direction, I suspect the writers are fooling us. Proctor seems like the darker and more realistic choice the way things seem to be shaking up. I just don't quite know why yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,450 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Randall and Proctor look quite alike I wouldn't be surprised if they did turn out to be related and both are fallen Amish.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That flame thrower scene was badassss! Carrie should get her own spin off show fighting crime with side kick Job who minds the car.

Except for the running away from the explosion in slow mo.
    That was a bit cringe, not as bad as the Carrie Motorcycle bit from last season, but still cringe.

The season has to be shaping up for an explosive 2nd half.
    Neo Nazis, Proctor, The Cartel. That has to kick off yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I thought with how Season 3 ended we would find out more about Hood/The man with no name , how he became the bad ass he is and how him and Job hooked up , think they lost something not addressing that , also felt they got Job back quite cheaply , really thought that would be explosive and it seemed quite tame.

I thought with how Season 3 ended we would find out more about Hood/The man with no name , how he became the bad ass he is and how him and Job hooked up , think they lost something not addressing that , also felt they got Job back quite cheaply , really thought that would be explosive and it seemed quite tame.

That's why I was sure we'd see the hunt for Job and a proper showdown with Dalton as the first half of the season, with the second half being the mother of all battles with Proctor to bring the curtain down.

I mean, a human-sacrificing cult, some plonker with bumps on his forehead, Proctor and Hood having mid-life crises, Nazis with Daddy issues, Carrie becomes Batman in a town the size of Thurles ... I'm feeling pretty let down, tbh.

And Eliza Dushku? I thought after Dollhouse sank with no survivors, no-one would give her a chance to ruin another show.

corwill wrote: »
    And Eliza Dushku? I thought after Dollhouse sank with no survivors, no-one would give her a chance to ruin another show.

I thought she was fairly unrecognisable, she looked like she was airbrushed into infinity. :pac:

Granted, I never seen her in anything since Buffy.

Didn't think she added much to Banshee and hopefully she won't be in it too much.

Eliza Dushku really is a weak link as an actor on the show.

A lot going on in this weeks episode and that ending.

Seeing the guy pulled apart was quiet shocking even for this show.

Eliza Dushku really is a weak link as an actor on the show.

A lot going on in this weeks episode and that ending.

Seeing the guy pulled apart was quiet shocking even for this show.

Dushku is bringing absolutely nothing to the party.

That said, it finally feels like the season has gotten going. They have a ton of ground to cover in 3 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I will really miss this show ..

Really enjoyed the last two episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭squonk

Now they've gotten going in earnest I'm realising I'm going to miss this show like fúck. Pulling the body apart was badass, and the casual murder of the old nazi guy following by a bollock naked guy firing up the angle grinder was just the kind of fúcked up stuff that made this show special. I wonder is Kye in a spot of bother now? He needs the Nazis to produce the volumes he requires to keep the cartel happy. With the sort of inner tension in the Nazi camp, it doesn't look good really. Christ the next few episodes could well be full on.

I am going to miss the fight scenes when this is over. The assault on the farmhouse was great.

I really hope the next victim dies a painful horrible death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

I think its going to be utter mayhem from now in. Curt and his brother, Job is going to get his mojo back and **** people up big time, Brock and Hood are going to pally up and Carrie is just going to kill everyone.

Gonna be some deaths I think.

Hope Brock and Job make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,091 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I see Brock getting a hero death, Job making it, Hood might go too, Carrie safe, Nazi cop could go either way, possible also heroic death while saving his brothers wife and kid. Calvin is gonna get it, as well as many Neo Nazi's, Proctor is in real danger but you never know with him, my gut says he is gonna meet his end but I do hope he pulls through, Cruz is gonna die so bad also

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

More I think about it it has to be some epic fight between Clay and Hood. Along the lines of the fight in the car.

And I kinda hope Clay wins....

Clay is going to do something appalling/awesome to Calvin Bunker.

I'm wondering who will attack Proctor. Carrie will want revenge, but Dayva is also Hood's daughter so he wasn't too happy about her being nearly killed. Hood has attacked people for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 the sword

Brilliant episode and back to where it was in season 1, hood just doing whatever he wanted. Have little time for the devil worship storyline and thinks it s the weakest plot point. Bunker and his brothers story is pretty good and think bunker is one of the best characters on the show. Looking forward to how it will end up, think hood won t make it, neither will proctor.

Carrie/Ana v Nina Cruz rematch is surely on the cards. Given the assault on the house, it appears that there's an awful lot more in Nina's background than law enforcement; military contractor/special ops, at a minimum. Maybe Cartel?

Such a shame there's only 2 episodes left. With the amount of ground to cover, the last ep might be extended running time, hopefully by a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hard to see how it will all wrap up in 2 episodes. A lot of loose threads.

Advertisement