Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF bounce back - WTF???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I was just thinking about this lately. I can't find the thread now but last year before the elections Permabear(spelling) over in politics wrote a thread as to why we should vote FF. We all jumped on like WTF but looking back and remembering that thread, I think he was slightly right.

His thread was about FF's policy to reduce minimum wage. Many people will disagree and this is coming from a very low paid worker but I think a drop in minimum is needed for this country. To help employers with his/her business, to get more people back at work and to start reducing the cost of living.

I am never going to forget what FF did. They are a shower of maggots that deserve to be set alight.

But what we did in Feb 2011 we voted in our droves in anger to give FF the boot for the damage that they did and rightly so but we ignored policies and one on the minimum wage that's very important that will help things. They did wrong and very, very wrong but they were going to try and right things.

FG lied so much to get into power and they banging the nails into an already dead state. If we left FF in maybe, just maybe they might have felt guilty of their wrong-doings in government and started sorting out the top in.this country. No body knows.

Just keep taking your medicine for now bud and try to go see a doctor tomorrow...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Coalitions don't work. Nothing gets done and nothing sticks when they cock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Because Fine Gael and Labour are incumbent, that's why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I need to emigrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I need to emigrate.

Me too. i have given up on this kip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Me too. i have given up on this kip.
    Don't slam the door, etc etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Pottler wrote: »
    Don't slam the door, etc etc..

I'll be nailing it shut from the outside so none of those FF parasites can get out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Finally, maybe things can start getting back to normal now. The balance is about to be restored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

washman3 wrote: »
    Just keep taking your medicine for now bud and try to go see a doctor tomorrow...;)
    That's so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Hmmm that's funny, no-one asked me about my preference??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It'll be another coalition, this seems to come as a surprise to many in a country that has had coalitions for over 30 years non stop.

I'd love a SF/ Labour coalition but it wont happen.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Fianna Faíl and Sinn Feín coalition is next.
    They could change their name to Mé Feín.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Think Phil "Home Tax" Hogan as a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

It's not surprising really, if Fine Gael were in power during the boom nothing would be different. They were equally oblivious economically,
    You think Richard Bruton wouldn't have done a better job than Cowen. GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I feel like crying - WTF is wrong with us as a nation? FF is the reason we're in this mess! :mad:

I *cannot* wait to emigrate. Ours is a country full of fcuking morons!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

K-9 wrote: »
    It'll be another coalition, this seems to come as a surprise to many in a country that has had coalitions for over 30 years non stop.

Me too but I could see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

Sinn Fein will do very well in the next General Election.

i dont think so. their support is related to how ****ed up the country is.

the better the country is doing, the more sanity people have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

K-9 wrote: »

If that ever happens we'l really learn what it is to be proper fcuked as a country.
    Those Labour morons put together with SF (who largely represent scum) would set us back about 50 years in development.

If they ever get near the Taoiseachs office I'm gone that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Proof, if any was needed, that Ireland is full of idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

johnr1 wrote: »
    If that ever happens we'l really learn what it is to be proper fcuked as a country.
    Those Labour morons put together with SF (who largely represent scum) would set us back about 50 years in development.

If they ever get near the Taoiseachs office I'm gone that year.

Ah, good ould Left vs. Right politics.

I'd love a SF/Labour coalition to show they aren't that much different from any other coalition, they'd do what all coalitions do, spin as much as they can to keep as many voters on board. It'll be a long time away thank God.

We'll elect a government of both sides, a big party with, hugely important, a smaller party to keep an eye on them, and moan about the compromises.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    It's not surprising really, if Fine Gael were in power during the boom nothing would be different. They were equally oblivious economically,

You think Richard Bruton wouldn't have done a better job than Cowen. GTFO.

Funnily enough, I don't remember Bruton & co telling cowen to GTFO during the 'boom' years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Fianna Fail destroyed the Ireland of my grandfather's generation back in the 1930s.

They destroyed the Ireland of my father's generation in the 1970s/80s.

They have just destroyed, in spectacular fashion, the Ireland of my generation.

Looks like the Irish people will allow them destroy the country for the next.

Fianna Fail are not a political party, they have no politics, they just exist to suck the blood of our country! Parasites!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Always wonder just who the Fcuk do the papers ask for these polls, is it randomers on Grafton Street Dublin or people at the Quinn Rally up in Cavan or people coming out of the pub at closing time, bizarre results either way.

**** Labour, Fianna Fail and Fine Gael rat bastards the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

1/3 of the people polled were undecided. So, to me that indicates that there's a HUGE swing possible in any direction.
    It also indicates that people are totally turned off by the whole political system at the moment as nobody's offering a real alternative.

You can have Taoiseach Merkel, Taoiseach Merkel or Taoiseach Merkel.

It is utterly depressing that people would seriously consider voting for FF though. Do they have the memory of a gold fish or just suffer a recent head injury or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Why are people even surprised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Fianna Fail destroyed the Ireland of my grandfather's generation back in the 1930s.

They destroyed the Ireland of my father's generation in the 1970s/80s.

They have just destroyed, in spectacular fashion, the Ireland of my generation.

Looks like the Irish people will allow them destroy the country for the next.

Fianna Fail are not a political party, they have no politics, they just exist to suck the blood of our country! Parasites!

That is factually incorrect BS, passed down through generations of your obviously FG family politics.

The civil war is over a long time. Get over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

The Irish political system is rotten-to-the-core.

The Healy-Rae family and Michael Lowery are some of the most popular politicians in the country. Parish-pump, stroke-politics. Go figure.

We deserve everything we get. A very stupid people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

We'll need a new Cowen or Bertie. That Cark fella looks like he just made his confirmation. FF need a proper b*stard at the helm.

Jaysus d'you know what, we should audition for b*stards to run for leader of FF. Just like X Factor. Vote off the best b*stards and leave the only Haughey-est fuhker to run the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

People need to remember that Fianna Fail and the Greens signed us up to binding agreements to implement a property tax amongst other things.

Fianna Fail and the Greens also implement a lovely Blasphemy law that made us look like some kind of backwards-looking theocracy and got loads of very negative coverage abroad while stifling free speech at home.

And they're the people who brought you the HSE!

A lot of the current Government's policies are being dictated by terms of a horrendous 'bailout' agreement signed up by FF and the Greens.

If you agree with the "No Banker or Speculator Left Behind" policy, definitely vote FF. I mean, otherwise your buddies in the speculative sector might actually have to deal with the economic realities of failed investments.

Admittedly the current lot aren't exactly amazing, but I'd rather see an inanimate carbon rod running the country than FF !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i say we give sin fein a shot (even if they are terrorists :pac:) how much fecking worse can they be than either FF or FG

Advertisement