Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF bounce back - WTF???

Options
  • 17-10-2012 9:53pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to the latest MRBI/Irish Times poll that will be published in tomorrow's Irish Times, Fianna Fail have recovered support to the extent that they are now the second political party in terms of support.:eek:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1017/breaking57.html

WTF is wrong with people? Do they really have that short a memory? It's truly depressing.:mad::(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Irish people are morons thats why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

They fixed the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

FF bouncing back ........... like property prices, apparently:cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

They are no worse then the incumbent crowd. Maybe they are not quite as corrupt (or better at hiding it) but there is feckall difference between their policies

Irish people are morons thats why.

what nationality are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Yay!

I'm going to buy apartments when they get back in.

and a fur coat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

It's not surprising really, if Fine Gael were in power during the boom nothing would be different. They were equally oblivious economically,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

JupiterKid wrote: »
    According to the latest MRBI/Irish Times poll that will be published in tomorrow's Irish Times, Fianna Fail have recovered support to the extent that they are now the second political party in terms of support.:eek:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1017/breaking57.html

WTF is wrong with people? Do they really have that short a memory? It's truly depressing.:mad::(

Probably linked to their recent anti property tax rants.

Ironic given it was those clusterfûcks that created the mess we're in at the min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

He's probably Irish.

*Had to quote you to say I love the bondage gear on your avatar :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 deanlandon

delighted to hear this news - FF will be back in power soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

He's probably Irish.

*Had to quote you to say I love the bondage gear on your avatar :D

If he is Irish, it supports his case. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Just look at last Sunday in Cavan - that's another why.

Memories of goldfish and balls of a gnat, that's a good swathe of the Irish people in a nutshell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

German............*runs away*

Im Irish. But I didnt mean it in that sense.....lets just say we never learn.....ever. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Sinn Fein will do very well in the next General Election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Sure don't dogs go back and eat their vomit? No shock really.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

It's the sophisticated Irish electorate at it again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Sh1te like this makes me want to burn things. :mad:

And I'm really good at burning things. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The depth of support for Fianna Fail runs deeper than the support for any other political party in the country. It goes back generations and runs through families like blood. It's worse than a religion or cult.

And before anyone says it's just a culchie thing, let's not forget Bertie Ahern.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The depth of support for Fianna Fail runs deeper than the support for any other political party in the country. It goes back generations and runs through families like blood. It's worse than a religion or cult.

And before anyone says it's just a culchie thing, let's not forget Bertie Ahern.

I put it down to inbreeding...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

They're all the same tbh, doesnt really matter what party holds the seat of power.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I was just thinking about this lately. I can't find the thread now but last year before the elections Permabear(spelling) over in politics wrote a thread as to why we should vote FF. We all jumped on like WTF but looking back and remembering that thread, I think he was slightly right.

His thread was about FF's policy to reduce minimum wage. Many people will disagree and this is coming from a very low paid worker but I think a drop in minimum is needed for this country. To help employers with his/her business, to get more people back at work and to start reducing the cost of living.

I am never going to forget what FF did. They are a shower of maggots that deserve to be set alight.

But what we did in Feb 2011 we voted in our droves in anger to give FF the boot for the damage that they did and rightly so but we ignored policies and one on the minimum wage that's very important that will help things. They did wrong and very, very wrong but they were going to try and right things.

FG lied so much to get into power and they banging the nails into an already dead state. If we left FF in maybe, just maybe they might have felt guilty of their wrong-doings in government and started sorting out the top in.this country. No body knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

They're all the same tbh, doesnt really matter what party holds the seat of power.

And this as well. They're all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I am German, but I refuse to comment ;)

I'm not surprised, FG are finally paying for all their pre election lies

Ups ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I can't find the thread now but last year before the elections Permabear(spelling) over in politics wrote a thread as to why we should vote FF. We all jumped on like WTF but looking back and remembering that thread, I think he was slightly right.

His thread was about FF's policy to reduce minimum wage. Many people will disagree and this is coming from a very low paid worker but I think a drop in minimum is needed for this country. To help employers with his/her business, to get more people back at work and to start reducing the cost of living.

I am never going to forget what FF did. They are a shower of maggots that deserve to be set alight.

But what we did in Feb 2011 we voted in our droves in anger to give FF the boot for the damage that they did and rightly so but we ignored policies and one on the minimum wage that's very important that will help things. They did wrong and very, very wrong but they were going to try and right things.

FG lied so much to get into power and they banging the nails into an already dead state. If we left FF in maybe, just maybe they might have felt guilty of their wrong-doings in government and started sorting out the top in.this country. No body knows.
    Go back to sleep.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think that this opinion poll result shows that democracy has failed Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Down with this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm not surprised that Fianna Fail came up with such a woefully thought out policy based on their history of woefully thought out policies. Their miserable understanding of even the most basic concepts of economics and labour markets is astounding in the extreme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Of course OP if you had included this bit
    The survey was undertaken on Monday and Tuesday of this week among a representative sample of 1,000 voters aged 18 and over, in face-to-face interviews at 100 sampling points in all constituencies.

It's not so bad. Hmm I wonder what areas they mainly canvassed in for that survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Anyone else imagine Fianna Fail releasing a biography called "Bouncing Back" which was deemed lovely stuff by Shakin' Stevens?

http://energydescentforbeginners.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/bouncing_ad.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It was FG not FF, Labour in a coalition would scare Libertarians like that! ;)

Haven't really followed the polls in detail but drops in FG support will mostly go to FF, happened in reverse in the General Election, drops in Labour support will mostly go to SF, hence SF doing so well in polls and FF getting a small lift now.

What is obvious is it's the end of the 2 and a 1/2 party system, we've a 1 and 3/3'ds system :D, SF should be the second party in the next dail but a lot will depend on how much FG lose in constituencies FF will pick up seats, not SF.

I was just thinking about this lately. I can't find the thread now but last year before the elections Permabear(spelling) over in politics wrote a thread as to why we should vote FF. We all jumped on like WTF but looking back and remembering that thread, I think he was slightly right.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement