Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

McAuliffe Trucking Co

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think someone should contact Breda O’Brien in Suicide Awareness and give her fair warning about who she's dealing with.

I highly doubt driving articulated lorries into oncoming traffic is the awareness about suicide they'd like to portray.

If it was for "awareness for lorries driving into oncoming traffic" they did a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Stinicker wrote: »
    Tbh, it is the makers of that video who look foolish, rule of thumb is if you intend to film on a phone, Rotate the bloody thing!!!!!!!! :mad:

Did they not???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

On reflection on McAuliffe's purported statement on the issue, I think it is completely abhorrent trying to detract from their numerous stupid acts by raising the plight of a young girl suffering from leukemia.

Charitable work is always to be commended but bringing it up here to mitigate your antics is disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Dunno if this one has been re-uploaded but sure can't harm to have them up a few times anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

What did they mean by saying that they named a truck after a girl that died?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yawns wrote: »
    Dunno if this one has been re-uploaded but sure can't harm to have them up a few times anyway.

You beauty been looking for it for the last hour!!! quick everyone make copies

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Actually, just looking at that second video again, I notice that there's a queue of traffic behind them.

As well, if you look at I think about 14 seconds in, you can see a car driving in the hard shoulder away from the trucks. So the truck on the extreme left is driving into on coming traffic, forcing at least one car to take evasive action.

Fcuking Muppets.:mad:

And at 24 seconds there is a Yaris parked in the hard shoulder, one of the trucks nearly ploughs into the back of it.

I have it saved since last night and will keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

That ones advertising Truly Irish too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just read a good point on Broadsheet that i dont think has been raised on here yet, if the truck was only parked under a bridge for a minute due to the driver not knowing the directions why does the publicity shot at the end of the video still have it parked under the bridge?

ah sure here's the other two. I will get the one that started it all off and upload that one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

January wrote: »

Exactly! McAuliffe Trucking spend a lot of time advertising for Purly Irish considering they apparently have no connection!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

-Corkie- wrote: »
    It was his daughter that posted them originally, her youtube name is orlamxf105.. I doubt she will be getting a hug of daddy tonite.....

Ah the irony of the lyrics to this soundtrack then!

"My father, my father, can't feel the love"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Dawn Rider wrote: »

Randomly reversing on the side of a main road too, safety first guys, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    On reflection on McAuliffe's purported statement on the issue, I think it is completely abhorrent trying to detract from their numerous stupid acts by raising the plight of a young girl suffering from leukemia.

Charitable work is always to be commended but bringing it up here to mitigate your antics is disgusting.
    Did they mention they do charity work in their statement? Must have been subtle, I didn't notice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thats the last one !! Driving in hard shoulder 2 penalty points !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

This has been dropped to the level of pure stupidity...

How did anyone think this would be allowed?

VinLieger wrote: »
    You beauty been looking for it for the last hour!!! quick everyone make copies

Lol I hope the company was thinking at least one of them is deleted for good. They did mention they were viewing boards.ie last night and someone from Truly Irish made an account to come up with a charity work story as if that's some real kind of excuse for piss poor behaviour on the roads.

At 4.10 in that one - blasts the horn for the filming, scares the shite out of the car turning right.

http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-driving/good-driving-practice/using-a-horn.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

A statement will probably follow stating the drivers on the roundabouts were unsure which exit to take;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Yawns wrote: »

Ahhh sure... if I'd know they were just doing Doppler effect experiments! What's the big fuss?

:D

A statement will probably follow stating the drivers on the roundabouts were unsure which exit to take;)
    That's why all three of them had to turn back and ask for directions! :D

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just read a good point on Broadsheet that i dont think has been raised on here yet, if the truck was only parked under a bridge for a minute due to the driver not knowing the directions why does the publicity shot at the end of the video still have it parked under the bridge?

Well spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Guys I think I might have to remove the vidoes because McAuliffe's have told me that due to copyright issues they have contact the Garda about them.

(Which is a bit fishy, because if they claim to have nothing to do with the video's how can they claim copyright?)

Unless I am very much mistaken, alleged infringement of copyright is generally a civil matter. The Gardaí would have nothing to do with it unless it was some kind of commercial counterfeiting operation.

They certainly wouldn't be involved with investigations over terms of use of videos someone posted on YouTube!

Indeed.

So Truly Irish, would you like to once again deny any knowledge of this piece of "advertising".

Fl8V3.jpg

PM'd to "Truly Irish"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

I thought the Hilton Hotel thread was good but this one beats all, bloody brilliant!

On a side note, Shane says that the lorry under the bridge was stopped to allow one of the other guys to come down, sit in with him and show him the way. Does this mean an employee was going to walk down the slip road onto the dual carriageway and hop into the lorry? If so that's illegal as well.

Seems legit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I thought the Hilton Hotel thread was good but this one beats all, bloody brilliant!

On a side note, Shane says that the lorry under the bridge was stopped to allow one of the other guys to come down, sit in with him and show him the way. Does this mean an employee was going to walk down the slip road onto the dual carriageway and hop into the lorry? If so that's illegal as well.

Seems legit
    A dual carriageway is not a restricted road. It's perfectly legal for pedestrians to walk along a DC and its slip roads.
    That alleged 'official statement' reeks of bs imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The thread that keeps on giving!

I'm gonna submit it to the list of legendary boards threads. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

The second and more dangerous clip of the three trucks driving three abreast is also gone public.:D

Taken from Joe.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement