Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

McAuliffe Trucking Co

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It's obvious from both the video, and the final photo shown in the video, which is clearly the still photo intended for use by your company, that the 3rd truck did not have his hazards on at the time of the accident.

Playing devils advocate here, but he has his hazards on in the video under the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Stinicker wrote: »
    There was some charity run of trucks and lorries on the weekend of 6th - 7th Oct as I saw a load of them pass my house in Convoy and they were also gathered near Daly's Super Value in Killarney next to Corcorans's Furniture Warehouse. Whether it has anything to do with this lot I don't know, but the trucks were all without trailers and I have seen this thing happen a few times over the last few years.

The press release states this was a photoshoot to promote their own charity run which they stated they were starting as an alternative to a Scania only event that takes place so it couldn't be apart of that event if it is years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

omega666 wrote: »
    This.

Obviously a stupid place for the truck to stop and the majority of fault is thiers but some fault has to be given to the silver car.
    What would they have done if there was a car crash ahead or a car broken down or a garda check point. Plough right through them!

Bad enought they missed the 30 ton artic truck up ahead on a open dual carriageway in the middle of the day, but they then decided to pull out into the outside lane in front of an on coming car travelling at a much greater speed.

This is indeed true, the car driver is as much at fault in that video, the lorry could have been broken down, the driver behind is also equally at fault for not realising the car in the driving lane is likely going to have to pull out to avoid the truck. All round stupidity in that video. The second video of the trucks abreast, the stupidity is all on the truck drivers in that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This thread has given me so much entertainment moreso because you guys don't know when to stop poking the dead horse. :D

Don't stop either.

Anyway, I'm not overly concerned about the video with the bridge because it was an accident although I concede it was definately CAUSED by the parking of the truck on the bypass.

I'm more concerned about the 2nd video of the 3 trucks driving 3 abreast. So dangerous, so careless and so illegal.

I'd like to see their statement regarding that video. No charity blah blah blah spin will get them out of that recklessness.

I hope this gets the same airtime and is newsworthy enough that Joe.ie, Ray Darcy, RTE, TV3 etc etc pick up on it like they did with the Nenagh Feens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_zIzGvZiY&noredirect=1

The 3 trucks is dangerous in my opinion and should be dealt with with the full vigor of the law(s) we have at our disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Beer Baron wrote: »
    This thread has given me so much entertainment moreso because you guys don't know when to stop poking the dead horse. :D

Don't stop either.

Anyway, I'm not overly concerned about the video with the bridge because it was an accident although I concede it was definately CAUSED by the parking of the truck on the bypass.

I'm more concerned about the 2nd video of the 3 trucks driving 3 abreast. So dangerous, so careless and so illegal.

I'd like to see their statement regarding that video. No charity blah blah blah spin will get them out of that recklessness.

I hope this gets the same airtime and is newsworthy enough that Joe.ie, Ray Darcy, RTE, TV3 etc etc pick up on it like they did with the Nenagh Feens

The 3 trucks is dangerous in my opinion and should be dealt with with the full vigor of the law(s) we have at our disposal.

linky

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote: »
    This is indeed true, the car driver is as much at fault in that video, the lorry could have been broken down, the driver behind is also equally at fault for not realising the car in the driving lane is likely going to have to pull out to avoid the truck. All round stupidity in that video. The second video of the trucks abreast, the stupidity is all on the truck drivers in that one though.

Agree completely with this. It's the second and subsequent videos which they're going to have a hell of alot more difficulty explaining away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Cienciano wrote: »
    Even after organising a meeting the day before to discuss it

And signing a risk assessment. Obviously stopping under a bridge without hazards (despite what they claim) on a dualler wasn't part of this risk assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Beer Baron wrote: »

Don't stop either.

And the 3rd video of 5 or 6 McAuliffe trucks driving around a roundabout constantly and preventing ordinary road users from getting on to the roundabout

And the 4th video of a McAuliffe truck reversing up a two lane road and taffic having to cross continuous white lines to overtake the clown that decided to reverse

It just seems as though McAuliffe drivers either don't know how to drive a truck, are not given sufficient training or are just as thick as a brick.

Not sure which one.

Would like to see these above two videos reposted as they were posted last night and when the thread was taken down.................

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

For the still shot on the bridge, I sent only two drivers to the bridge as the third driver did not know his way there. He stopped under the bridge with his hazard, parking and dipped headlights on and waited for one of the other drivers to come down the steps and sit in with him to guide him to the bridge road.
    I see some issues in your story that need clarification:
    • Was the third driver incapable of following the other trucks?
    • Are you seriously saying that one of your drivers got lost less than 4km from your base?
    • If your manager only sent 2 drivers to the bridge, then why was the third driver in the mix at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mikko Mallikas

I have just spoken with a well known RTE reporter who is writing a piece on this at the moment and while I promised the details of our conversation will be kept confidential, I will state that Mc Auliffe have no comprehension of having done anything wrong and do not care.

• Advertisement

I have just spoken with a well known RTE reporter who is writing a piece on this at the moment and while I promised the details of our conversation will be kept confidential, I will state that Mc Auliffe have no comprehension of having done anything wrong and do not care.

Like I said earlier, I don't think they truly understand the sh1tstorm that they've brought upon themselves. Did you tell them about all the videos?

EDIT: And i notice that Truly Irish Foods/ McAuliffe Trucking are still logged on. I wonder are they starting to worry yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Damn. Now, this thread provides for more entertainment than a saturday night cinema visit.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

testicle wrote: »
    And signing a risk assessment. Obviously stopping under a bridge without hazards (despite what they claim) on a dualler wasn't part of this risk assessment.

The hazards are actually on... not that it really matters, but you can just about see them blinking.

Looks like roundabout video is no more :-( Would like to have seen that!

It's not just this one incident at the bridge.

I'm aware of at least three others through the thread last night whereby others posted the videos of McAuliffe trucks acting like morons on the public road.

It's not just the bridge video.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

Marlow wrote: »
    Damn. Now, this thread provides for more entertainment than a saturday night cinema visit.

/M
    It's the gift that just keeps giving :D
    beecee wrote: »

Looks like roundabout video is no more :-( Would like to have seen that!

Don't worry, I'm sure there are copies floating around ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I will state that Mc Auliffe have no comprehension of having done anything wrong and do not care.

Hummm...

Maybe they should look at that video and ask themselves why the Garda have taken such an interest in there antics plus they are on horses.

Now lets have a look at the McAuliffe video

Can they not see the connection yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Agree completely with this. It's the second and subsequent videos which they're going to have a hell of alot more difficulty explaining away.
    I think they explained that perfectly. Charity. Driving 3 trucks abreast "raised awareness" for sick children, therefore saving thousands of kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just searched McAuliffe Trucking videos on google and while theres still a ton listed very few of them are still online, most have either been removed by user or the account has been closed, really hope someone got copies of them before they were taken down

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

vicwatson wrote: »
    It's not just this one incident at the bridge.

I'm aware of at least three others through the thread last night whereby others posted the videos of McAuliffe trucks acting like morons on the public road.

It's not just the bridge video.

Maybe they should rephrase the statement to include, 'unfortunately these too were filmed with someone with a phone'.

After all it was the person filming who's to blame for all this... :rolleyes:

msg11 wrote: »
    Hummm...

Maybe they should look at that video and ask themselves why the Garda have taken such an interest in there antics plus they are on horses.

I made this comparison last night on other thread - they absolutely all act like morons and with zero care for other road users :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »
    Hummm...

Actually, just looking at that second video again, I notice that there's a queue of traffic behind them.

As well, if you look at I think about 14 seconds in, you can see a car driving in the hard shoulder away from the trucks. So the truck on the extreme left is driving into on coming traffic, forcing at least one car to take evasive action.

Fcuking Muppets.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just searched McAuliffe Trucking videos on google and while theres still a ton listed very few of them are still online, most have either been removed by user or the account has been closed

It was his daughter that posted them originally, her youtube name is orlamxf105.. I doubt she will be getting a hug of daddy tonite.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think someone should contact Breda O’Brien in Suicide Awareness and give her fair warning about who she's dealing with.

I highly doubt driving articulated lorries into oncoming traffic is the awareness about suicide they'd like to portray.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

-Corkie- wrote: »
    It was his daughter that posted them originally, her youtube name is orlamxf105.. I doubt she will be getting a hug of daddy tonite.....

LOL so his daughter is the "unfortunately someone captured this on an iphone and uploaded it" person?
    This is the story that just keeps on giving

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    After all it was the person filming who's to blame for all this... :rolleyes:

And we know who that was. Oh dear. Best not to say yet. ;) Perhaps they would like to retract the statement about "someone".

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

VinLieger wrote: »
    LOL so his daughter is the "unfortunately someone captured this on an iphone and uploaded it" person?
    This is the story that just keeps on giving

I think I love this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Wan't going to post this but since Truly Irish like viral, here's how they organise themselves.

Don't bother taking it down lads, it has been saved for future lulz.

Word to the wise, don't ever lie to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I don't care about my 'cheap nights in the Hilton' deal gone wrong after this thread.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

Just because you do a risk assesment, doesn't mean that you have to follow it, or that it even meant anything?

Whoever did it abviously didn't ask themselves the very valid question - "What is the worst possible outcome from stopping a truck on a motorway?" Simple answer.

I also call BS on the third driver waiting on directions. A guy who has to navigate for a living? Trucks "equipped with state of the art equipment" not having GPS? Right....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Tbh, it is the makers of that video who look foolish, rule of thumb is if you intend to film on a phone, Rotate the bloody thing!!!!!!!! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement