Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i never got rod and todd and i have sir putts from the valentines day update :confused:

got them after the bart and grandpa quest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I havent logged in yet as all my characters bar maybe one or two are out on 24 hour tasks and wont be finished for another couple of hours.

Is their a trigger, or is it available to build straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭corkie

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I havent logged in yet as all my characters bar maybe one or two are out on 24 hour tasks and wont be finished for another couple of hours.

Is their a trigger, or is it available to build straight away?

Lisa triggers the build of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Oh my god 7 quests all at once that's a first

Also 12 marges :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭endacl

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Oh my god 7 quests all at once that's a first

Also 12 marges :-/

The Stepford Wives, Springfield style!

:)

• Advertisement

I'm finished level 32 already....

They need to stop the auto level up.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Screenshot_2013_07_26_12_28_42.jpg

I'd like to thank fat tony for being an impartial judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

CSSE09 wrote: »

I am well jealous, I never win on the races, have actually given up it. Always lose :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

CSSE09 wrote: »

lol, I won that this morning also. I didnt actually notice tho, so used to getting 0 that I just clicked collect and carried on without reading it. Was only later when I noticed I had jumped from $20,000 to $279,000 after collecting all my morning money that I guessed I had binked the winner. Didnt think I could make 250k in one morning yet.

ruthiepie wrote: »
    I am well jealous, I never win on the races, have actually given up it. Always lose :mad::mad:

I just do it for the 500 xp. you will win 200k eventually. and 2000 is nothing when you have a few buildings so it silly not to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

I just do it for the 500 xp. you will win 200k eventually. and 2000 is nothing when you have a few buildings so it silly not to

I just put a bet on there and guess what????????
    I LOST

I usually try it every other day but had spent all my money on the last few buildings so trying to get it up again. Now that I know you can actually win it, I'll prob keep trying it. Am bound to win...... eventually!

Some guy on Reddit worked out that over 1000 bets, you'll win virtually the exact same amount no what odds you go with.

Once I seen that I just went with the 2/1 every time and win 9 times out of 10. It's only an increase of $4000 but I have $9.5m so I'm not exactly stuck for cash :o

ruthiepie wrote: »
    I just put a bet on there and guess what????????
    I LOST

I usually try it every other day but had spent all my money on the last few buildings so trying to get it up again. Now that I know you can actually win it, I'll prob keep trying it. Am bound to win...... eventually!

It's 99/1 so play it every day for a year and you might get 3 wins

Some guy on Reddit worked out that over 1000 bets, you'll win virtually the exact same amount no what odds you go with.

Once I seen that I just went with the 2/1 every time and win 9 times out of 10. It's only an increase of $4000 but I have $9.5m so I'm not exactly stuck for cash :o

higher odd is more xp even when you lose, so always bet the 99/1 it's the better bet.

Not how it works unfortunately. You could bet every day for 10 years and never win. The odds remain the exact same every time. Basically, you have a 1 in 99 chance of winning no matter how often you do it.

Not how it works unfortunately. You could bet every day for 10 years and never win. The odds remain the exact same every time. Basically, you have a 1 in 99 chance of winning no matter how often you do it.

hence the "might win 3"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

The actual odds of winning are higher though.

higher odd is more xp even when you lose, so always bet the 99/1 it's the better bet.

It's only 500. That's nothing at level 32. Definitely worth it on the lower levels but the amount of money you get is more important on the higher levels.

hence the "might win 3"

You could also win 300. It doesn't matter how often you play, it's the same odds every time. Playing more doesn't increase your chances.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

The payout odds are 99/1, the actual odds are 66/1. Long term it will payout

• Advertisement

The payout odds are 99/1, the actual odds are 66/1. Long term it will payout

how do you get actual odds?

how do you get actual odds?

http://tstotips.com/tag/springfield-downs/

I did a simulation of 66/1 odds on Excel using random numbers. Out of 1000 races, 12 were winners. That's a 2 million layout for a return of 2.4 million

Ah. A gambler with a 'system'!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

turns out if wolfcastles mansion isn't built lisa doesn't prompt for rod and todd, my second game is currently building it and i couldn't get those two! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

aaaaaaaaaaagh help:eek::eek: my tapped out has restarted on my phone and i was on level 24 or 25 or thereabouts. what can i do to restore it??:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

aaaaaaaaaaagh help:eek::eek: my tapped out has restarted on my phone and i was on level 24 or 25 or thereabouts. what can i do to restore it??:confused::confused:

Check to make sure your origin account hasn't been signed out. If it has just sign back in and your Tapped Out will be restored.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Check to make sure your origin account hasn't been signed out. If it has just sign back in and your Tapped Out will be restored.

http://youtu.be/p85xwZ_OLX0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Calm wood pays out a nice amount of XP on build completion. I was at around 54,000 XP and it jumped up to 130,000 after I clicked finish build. Handy way to jump up a level and get the bonus box quickly.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    Calm wood pays out a nice amount of XP on build completion. I was at around 54,000 XP and it jumped up to 130,000 after I clicked finish build. Handy way to jump up a level and get the bonus box quickly.

Something similar happened with Putts a lot for me. Was about half way through the level when I clicked on the finish icon and then I get the donuts popping up. I've finished level 32 twice now!

Advertisement