Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

They got a grand day for it

Irish dry wit dead pan at it best.

Well done Sir, bloody well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Cork Taliban won't like this

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jamesjoyce1710

Abi wrote: »
    Certainly didn't in mine. I only watched a few seconds of it, it's disgusting.

The girl that pushed the first girl over to get her to fight is a two faced bitch. She was egging her on to fight, no doubt pretending to be a friend, the she walks off laughing.

I wonder if the guy was around to see that, or at least seen the video. Hopefully has the sense to stay away from the two of them now.
    humans fight, its happened for thousands of years and will still happen in another 100 years, who does it bother you so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I haven't read the thread but I would like to make a contribution:

The Quiet Man II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

emo72 wrote: »
    Aah jaysus, they're only kids. They don't have a clue in fairness.

Yeah, their technique is all over the shop. No decent head locks, elbows to the solar plexus or footswipes and not one bloody nose or eye gouge. Kids these days are going to the dogs…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

lukesmom wrote: »
    I think women/girls fighting is disgusting absolutely vile. There's something about it that turns my stomach. I'd be so ashamed if my daughter (2) did that when she is older. Went to a convent, plenty of bitching but never saw any fights. Funny that boxing is my favourite sport. I bet the girls parents will be real proud when they see this video which no doubt they will.

That's just sexist. Would it be OK for your son to go out fighting though? Because boys will be boys eh?

Perhaps I am bring sexist but I make no apologies for it. To see two women fighting is degrading and They should have more respect for themselves, at least this is what I will teach my daughter.
    My sons on the otherhand I wouldn't mind as much. I don't like any kind of fighting that is not controlled inside a ring but if my boys fight it won't bother me as lads are built differently to girls. They have a lot of testosterone and lads normally beat the **** out of each other and it's done. But girls are a whole lot different. The emotional abuse that can happen can be very intense. Yeah I'm a hypocrite, sexist whatever you want to call me but as a mother of two boys and one girl this is how I feel. I know my husband feels the exact same way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

I have seen worse on the streets of Dublin on a week day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Certainly didn't in mine. I only watched a few seconds of it, it's disgusting.

The girl that pushed the first girl over to get her to fight is a two faced bitch. She was egging her on to fight, no doubt pretending to be a friend, the she walks off laughing.

I wonder if the guy was around to see that, or at least seen the video. Hopefully has the sense to stay away from the two of them now.
    humans fight, its happened for thousands of years and will still happen in another 100 years, who does it bother you so much?
    Eh, no. Skangers fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

its all fun and games til somebody gets pregnant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I'm also shocked that people here think this is normal behaviour and complaining that it's a bit too tame!
    Are people complaining though? Think they're just saying they've seen worse - I have unfortunately. It doesn't happen in every school, no, but it's not unusual either sadly. I went to a convent school in the centre of Cork (was expecting its uniform in this vid tbh :o) and it was rife, despite the "respectable" reputation (if waning) the school had.
    Perhaps I am bring sexist but I make no apologies for it. To see two women fighting is degrading and They should have more respect for themselves, at least this is what I will teach my daughter.
    My sons on the otherhand I wouldn't mind as much. I don't like any kind of fighting that is not controlled inside a ring but if my boys fight it won't bother me as lads are built differently to girls. They have a lot of testosterone and lads normally beat the **** out of each other and it's done. But girls are a whole lot different. The emotional abuse that can happen can be very intense. Yeah I'm a hypocrite, sexist whatever you want to call me but as a mother of two boys and one girl this is how I feel. I know my husband feels the exact same way too.
    Never mind sexism, I'm just surprised by you saying you wouldn't mind as much your sons being in fights. If I had kids I'd mind a whole lot if they were in fights, male or female.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 jamesjoyce1710

Eh, no. Skangers fight.

eh no, humans as animals, like any other animal on the planet fight we with each other, its in your DNA sorry to disappoint,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

How much would you mind if your lad came home all busted up and needing a trip to the hospital.
    Would you just say it was the testosterones than.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

same Bat channel .... etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Eh, no. Skangers fight.

eh no, humans as animals, like any other animal on the planet fight we with each other, its in your DNA sorry to disappoint,
    Don't judge me by your own standards. Your caveman drivel is not going to justify why it's perfectly okay for two girls to wool the heads off each other. It's classless skangery at its best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Shur there's loads of stuff in our DNA, like gathering berries, having babies at 13. You're leaving out the tiny little element known as evolution; societal/cultural dismantling of what were once norms.
    If it's so innate, how come plenty of people haven't fought and never wanted to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Madam_X wrote: »
    If it's so innate, how come plenty of people haven't fought and never wanted to?

They're boring bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Seen a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

So it's 10:55am on a Thursday and I'm sat at my computer still in my pyjama pants. I'm supposed to be "job hunting" and instead I'm watching a video on the internet of two teenage girls from Cork fighting each other over some banal issue.

Immaculate Pasta, where did it all go wrong? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

This happens everyday all over every secondary school in the world!!

No, it doesn't. :rolleyes:

Roll your little eyes all you like but slagging and fighting is part of school life and yes it's horribly focking cruel. From the most private schools to the poorest of schools. It mightn't of happened to you but it happens. Every day was probably a slight exaggeration in fairness.

Of course it's not nice, fair or good to see but the fact is it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I muted the sound and instead used the audio from a David Attenborough narrated monkey fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

We might argue and shout but actually hitting out at each other is not in everyone's DNA. I would say walk away don't hit back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Eh, no. Skangers fight.

Evolution has meant that we are no longer the knuckle dragging savages we were back in the stone age. The one thing that separates humans from the animal kingdom is our ability to rationalise our behaviour. Animals are purely reactionary creatures, possessing no ability to think beyond their natural instincts.

You can make an excuse for children acting on instinct given their brains would not yet be developed enough to comprehend that sometimes their behaviour is unacceptable in a civilised society, but usually when they are of school going age they learn that it is unacceptable to resolve conflict by resorting to physical violence.

Scumbags choose to ignore what they've been taught (if they were ever taught it in the first place at all!) and instead choose to exhibit their self-proclaimed superiority by resorting to physical violence to resolve their conflict because they do not possess the mental intellect to understand that in the long run, such a defence mechanism (attack is the best defence) is simply a futile exercise- a short term resolution with very little reward for effort invested.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

More water!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Madam_X wrote: »
    I'm also shocked that people here think this is normal behaviour and complaining that it's a bit too tame!
    Are people complaining though? Think they're just saying they've seen worse - I have unfortunately. It doesn't happen in every school, no, but it's not unusual either sadly. I went to a convent school in the centre of Cork (was expecting its uniform in this vid tbh :o) and it was rife, despite the "respectable" reputation (if waning) the school had.
    Never mind sexism, I'm just surprised by you saying you wouldn't mind as much your sons being in fights. If I had kids I'd mind a whole lot if they were in fights, male or female.

If you read back I said I don't like any kind of fighting outside of a ring but I wouldn't mind my sons fighting as much as I would my daughter. Obviously I would prefer no fighting at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

We might argue and shout but actually hitting out at each other is not in everyone's DNA. I have say walk away don't hit back.

Walking away and not sticking up for yourself could make it worse especially in a school. I agree it's horrible but you have to stand up for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

of course it does, there was a fight evey couple of day in the school i went too (all boys), and the guys involved ranged from scummer to posh guys, its part of human nature to fight we are, at the end of the day, highly evolved animails no different to any other animal on the planet.
    Humans have also been killing and raping for thousands of years, the good thing is that vast majority of humans find this activity disgusting so they try stamp it out. Likewise people will attempt to stamp out the behavior of the three teenagers in the clip and show them how foolish their behaviour is, if everyone had your attitude where would we be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

In fairness to the two girls, from an MMA perspective they both put down a good show, some fantastic technical holds from both, I'd have liked to have seen more throws perhaps, even a submission hold or two ...

Over all tho i'll give then a 6 /10 t'was a good fight, good entertainment, the crowd seemed to really enjoy it, i'm looking forward to watching niamh's career develop over the coming months ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Walking away and not sticking up for yourself could make it worse especially in a school. I agree it's horrible but you have to stand up for yourself.

I agree you Have to stand up for yourself but violence is never the answer. I know kids in school can be teased/bullied and its hard not to fight back but some people will never lash out no matter what.

These girls are scrapping over a boy they think its cool now but in a few years time they will see how stupid they were to let others egg them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

any youtube links for this please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement