Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

I'm not sure this is what people had in mind when they said Katie Taylor was an inspiration for future generations of young girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

There was nothing dirty about it, just good hard hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

lukesmom wrote: »
    I think women/girls fighting is disgusting absolutely vile. There's something about it that turns my stomach. I'd be so ashamed if my daughter (2) did that when she is older. Went to a convent, plenty of bitching but never saw any fights. Funny that boxing is my favourite sport. I bet the girls parents will be real proud when they see this video which no doubt they will.

That's just sexist. Would it be OK for your son to go out fighting though? Because boys will be boys eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I've seen way worse fights in this in when I was in an all girls secondary school, and at a older age as well!

Bullying is bad and the crowd eggin em on were worse but are people here really shocked by this?? At least it seemed to be a fair enough fight and there were no weapons etc involved and only one on one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

If it's true that the children featured in this video are 12-14 year olds, then having the video posted or linked to here without their parents / guardians knowledge or consent is a highly questionable practice. I'm amazed no-one seems to brought it to mod's attention before I did.

Oh sorry, I just noticed that moderators have have commented on the video and left it in situ. Very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I hate this culture of everyone thinking they have the number one hit for youtube when they record fights. That video is sad. When i was in school and saw 2 young girls fighting like that i would have stopped it not taken out my iPhone recorded it and put it up on Youtube or any other file hosting website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I hate this culture of everyone thinking they have the number one hit for youtube when they record fights. That video is sad. When i was in school and saw 2 young girls fighting like that i would have stopped it not taken out my iPhone recorded it and put it up on Youtube or any other file hosting website.

When you were 13-14, you'd have broken up a fight? Really?

What is sad is that these incidents were common enough in my day but are only remembered with reminisces down memory lane with my friends from school. These days such incidents are recorded for eternity on the internet. The camera phone is definitely a double edged sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Vivara wrote: »

From what I can gather it's "Niamh & Aoife" in the video...

V.

What's more shocking is how you gather it to be 'Niamh'. I heard 'Go on Nicole' at least 10 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

When you were 13-14, you'd have broken up a fight? Really?

What is sad is that these incidents were common enough in my day but are only remembered with reminisces down memory lane with my friends from school. These days such incidents are recorded for eternity on the internet. The camera phone is definitely a double edged sword.

Yeah believe it or not I would have stopped it and that was the done thing (girls fighting) Was not something that was let play out in my school. I went to a pretty small school and this kind of thing would not have been let continue past a couple of slaps. (camera phones or no camera phones it would have been stopped) and especially girls fighting on camera. Im being very honest. Camera phones came to my school in around 2001. I never once would have seen anyone even thinking about recording fights with them, let alone involving girls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I'm not sure this is what people had in mind when they said Katie Taylor was an inspiration for future generations of young girls.
    What a stupid, mindless comment. Children fighting in this way has no connection with the sporting achievements of Katie Taylor, one of the world's top exponents of the craft and science of amateur boxing, a credit to her country, and her chosen sport.

Watching under-age children demean themselves is not a sport and is not funny. I find it decidedly creepy and pervy that posters could derive enjoyment from the disgusting spectacle on the video.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

The guy must be lovely :) and delighted two stunner's are after him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

So that's what Dudess has been up to since she closed her account...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I've seen way worse fights in this in when I was in an all girls secondary school, and at a older age as well!

Bullying is bad and the crowd eggin em on were worse but are people here really shocked by this?? At least it seemed to be a fair enough fight and there were no weapons etc involved and only one on one!

I was shocked, I never saw any fights at my school :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

mathepac wrote: »

What a stupid, mindless comment. Children fighting in this way has no connection with the sporting achievements of Katie Taylor, one of the world's top exponents of the craft and science of amateur boxing, a credit to her country, and her chosen sport.

Watching under-age children demean themselves is not a sport and is not funny. I find it decidedly creepy and pervy that posters could derive enjoyment from the disgusting spectacle on the video.

Look up the definition of sarcasm in the dictionary will you?

There was nothing creepy or pervy said in the thread so that came off the top of your own head, so I would question your own mindset before you question the mindset of others.

They have equestrian competitions in the olympics too in case you wanted to enter one of those events on your high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Kids will be kids. This happens everyday all over every secondary school in the world!! The girl stirring it is annoying though and bet she wouldn't fight herself.

I also read this whole thread in a cork accent.. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

wasnt this around months ago? like 7/8 months ago.

still, always good to see the classics repeated...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

I also read this whole thread in a cork accent.. Anyone else?

:D
    [URL="[IMG]http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/Cillianburke/handy-sandie.jpg[/IMG]"]handy-sandie.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Fairly **** fight. I've seen much worse. Also, bitchfights always start by one participant being pushed into the other... its like a foreshaddow for losing virginity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

This happens everyday all over every secondary school in the world!!

No, it doesn't. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Go team Jacob...

no, go team Edward..

• Advertisement

WORLD STAR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Thank God the phone was turned right way round eventually....was getting a pain in the neck there.

Anyways no real damage done, girls fight like, well, girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

This happens everyday all over every secondary school in the world!!

Certainly didn't in mine. I only watched a few seconds of it, it's disgusting.

The girl that pushed the first girl over to get her to fight is a two faced bitch. She was egging her on to fight, no doubt pretending to be a friend, the she walks off laughing.

I wonder if the guy was around to see that, or at least seen the video. Hopefully has the sense to stay away from the two of them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm also shocked that people here think this is normal behaviour and complaining that it's a bit too tame!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

Sounds like somethign that would defo happen in cork!

Their all mental down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

I wonder did she win her Man???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

More water.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

CdeC wrote: »
    I wonder did she win her Man???

I reckon he ran away after seeing what she can do incase he ever ****s up, he be left with no hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Good God, you can only hope girls are going to learn from this or there are going to be alot bunny wabbits in microwaves down the road.

For all the blokes that think it's hawt to see these chicks fighting, think how much fun they are going to be when you dump them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 jamesjoyce1710

of course it does, there was a fight evey couple of day in the school i went too (all boys), and the guys involved ranged from scummer to posh guys, its part of human nature to fight we are, at the end of the day, highly evolved animails no different to any other animal on the planet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement