Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High winds and heavy rain in places this week (Discussion Thread)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

What about a flight from Dublin to Portugal? First impression tells me it looks rough!?

I wont be telling the old man if it's bad:D
    Probably some fair turbulence towards the end of the flight as they start their descent trough the areas 1 and 2, but I would imagine for the cruise they'll be choosing FL390 if possible to get them up above the strongest heawinds and the moderate turbulence of area 1, which extends to FL380.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cork city quays to be shut at 8.00 in anticipation of flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Casement showing up 26.9mm for yesterday, wonder will any of the "extra" stations show anything higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

Su Campu wrote: »
    Tomorrow's Aviation Sigwx chart for 12Z shows some moderate to severe turbulence (dashed area 2) over the UK from FL230-360 (23,000-36,000 ft), due to the presence of a huge 150 knot jet stream at FL310. Expect a rough ride if travelling to the eastern or southern UK. Note how the jet stream stretches south past Madeira.

Su, see this image of UK at 1pm. There is a clear line running sw to ne across england. anything to do with the above?
    224985.jpg

Wolfe_IRE wrote: »
    Su, see this image of UK at 1pm. There is a clear line running sw to ne across england. anything to do with the above?

That slot's just the gap between the narrow jet cloud and a separate warm front shield over the near continent (I assume it's the one over SE England that you're talking about?!!).

Austrian Satrep for 12Z
    MANU_20121018_1200.png

Dutch Satrep for 15Z
    LOC_20121018_1500.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Today's spiraling spiral

2ez0f34.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

Image from ukweatheronline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Awesome! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Durty oul yoke, finally caught Sponge Bob outdoors it did. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Su Campu wrote: »
    Tomorrow's Aviation Sigwx chart for 12Z shows some moderate to severe turbulence (dashed area 2) over the UK from FL230-360 (23,000-36,000 ft), due to the presence of a huge 150 knot jet stream at FL310. Expect a rough ride if travelling to the eastern or southern UK. Note how the jet stream stretches south past Madeira.

Fantastic! Wish i hadnt read that now - i'm flying to London this afternoon. :p

DUBACC wrote: »
    Fantastic! Wish i hadnt read that now - i'm flying to London this afternoon. :p

That was for Thursday, but today's chart shows a similar situation, with moderate to severe turbulence area 3 over the eastern Irish Sea, from FL220-FL400. Flights to Liverpool and Manchester will be cruising below this level, but for longer flights such as London expect a bumpy ride much of the way.

PGDE14_EGRR_1200.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭waterways

Today's spiraling spiral

2ez0f34.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

Image from ukweatheronline.

What happened to Athlone?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

waterways wrote: »

Don't you know? It's moved to Mullingar. That's rationalisation for you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I have no idea, I didn't create the map! But wish those that did would get their facts straight, or better still, leave the locations off altogether as they are an eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Derry has moved to Donegal aswell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement