Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Haven't heard a word either - has anybody ?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

I haven't heard anything either? Keep an eye and if nothing by 5pm I reckon there's a problem with their system or something... Give em a buzz Monday if i dont get it later

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

21st of November 9am. :eek:

Any body any advise on the kind of tests we can expect? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

EMTFlynn wrote: »
    21st of November 9am. :eek:

Any body any advise on the kind of tests we can expect? :o

All in here - sounds interesting:

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/publication/document/Familiarisation_Booklet_Call_taker_tests_final_version.doc

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

got the the email around 6pm, got my date and time. it seems fairly handy enough what we'll have to do. i wonder roughly how many are in band A? a few hundred? a few thousand??

• Advertisement

got the the email around 6pm, got my date and time. it seems fairly handy enough what we'll have to do. i wonder roughly how many are in band A? a few hundred? a few thousand??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 doggy2005

Hi all,

Not on here very often,
    I got band A in the typing assessment, have next phase on 22nd at 9am,
    see from the familiarisation booklet we're gonna hear 20 different emergency calls and we have to decipher name, address, vital info etc, but someone mentioned also u gotta kep an open ear out for info in the background too as the calls are being played as some answers lie there too, is that true, and does any1 have any more infor on the 2nd typing assessment which comes after the call taker notes???:confused:

doggy2005 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Not on here very often,
    I got band A in the typing assessment, have next phase on 22nd at 9am,
    see from the familiarisation booklet we're gonna hear 20 different emergency calls and we have to decipher name, address, vital info etc, but someone mentioned also u gotta kep an open ear out for info in the background too as the calls are being played as some answers lie there too, is that true, and does any1 have any more infor on the 2nd typing assessment which comes after the call taker notes???:confused:

Heard that too on a Facebook page. Let's just say that you should make best use of your rough piece of paper and right down all you can hear.

The typing test, as far as I know, is the same as what we did already but just to check that it was actually us that was typing (no major gap in the results).

As there's no interview in this stage I presume shirt and jeans are sufficient for these tests next week?

Jeans or tracksuit bottoms is what I'm thinking of wearing - comfort clothes.

I'm not on Facebook so if there are any other tips floating about can they be posted here please. Thanks.

Anoyne done the tests yet? Just wondering what the dress code has been like so far?

• Advertisement

djor88 wrote: »
    Anoyne done the tests yet? Just wondering what the dress code has been like so far?

im in, in the morning, im debating shirt and slacks or just go in naked! sure id make an impression that way haha.

in all seriousness, ive no idea myself and the oul nervs are setting in!:eek:

im in, in the morning, im debating shirt and slacks or just go in naked! sure id make an impression that way haha.

in all seriousness, ive no idea myself and the oul nervs are setting in!:eek:

Word of warning don't go naked :D.

You'll do great, stay calm and dont start doubting yourself - xxxx best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Dress code is casual, honestly there's been people who were in motorbike gear doing this. Be advised, they don't half turn up the heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

Well that was a total b*st*rd!!! I think I made a mess of the call taker notes anyway, my hand was ready to fall off near the end!!! I was more worried about the typing test but that was the easy part, best of luck to anyone doing the assessment over the next few days.

Ah sorry to hear Flanna, but you never know how these things really went until you get the results, you always do better than you'd think.. I'm in today at 13.45! Any indication as to how many people are doing it or are left in this stage?

done my assessment this morning at 10:30. my god the call taker section was very fast! i struggled to keep up. typing assessment was grand. i went for accuracy over speed this time

How many were doing it with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

I was there myself, found it tough enough to be honest :o

I was in yesterday, there were 12 of us initially, and then we were joined by 6 more who were there solely for the Call taker test. Won't go into too much detail but the 'American' aspects of the test were the same as from the test last time there was a controller drive, the Irish notes were new and quite tricky.

Was it the EMD job you were there for?

• Advertisement

Just finished my test, there were 21 of us in there, it was session 4 so dont know if that gives any indication of numbers at this stage. Looking forward to getting the results back, best of luck to you all..

Dreading it now thought the "taking call notes" would be handier than the typing - do you get to practice taking notes before the actual test.

djor88 wrote: »
    Just finished my test, there were 21 of us in there, it was session 4 so dont know if that gives any indication of numbers at this stage. Looking forward to getting the results back, best of luck to you all..

How do you think you did?

flanna wrote: »
    Was it the EMD job you were there for?
    I was. Anyone for dispatcher did all elements of the test as more then likely they applied for both dispatcher and call taker. (I didn't and kind of regret it now).

flanna wrote: »
    How do you think you did?

I think I did alright, I'm hoping enough to get to the next stage anyway! Maybe missed the end of one or two addresses but got most of the calls and did well on the typing.. Yourself?

Thought the call taker notes were tough enough. I'm happy enough overall but I'm sure you're given more than 15 seconds to take a call and move on to the next "in real life".

Best of luck to all - waiting game again.

flazio wrote: »
    I was in yesterday, there were 12 of us initially, and then we were joined by 6 more who were there solely for the Call taker test. Won't go into too much detail but the 'American' aspects of the test were the same as from the test last time there was a controller drive, the Irish notes were new and quite tricky.

Out of interest, do you have the bus and truck licences or are trying for it and hoping for the best?

Hope it goes well.

Yep, have both, the D1 I've had for 4 years now, got the C1 earlier this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I was meant to go yesterday but decided to take myself out of the competition. Best of luck to all still in, hope the assesment wasn't too nasty.

• Advertisement

Did the assessment - call taker part was not my greatest moment. Typing part was the better part of the test for me.

22 at test although, one man was doing the test but he was not going for one of the jobs in Dublin.

Told we would get our results next Friday.

Advertisement