Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

hes defo not right. Even when he ran yesterday you could see he was just running laterally to the line most of the time for only 1-2 yards and linemen closing on him. Its time to bench him for the rest of the year till he gets properly healthy and play Cousins instead.

Hes got the talent hes just not healthy and hes doing himself no favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Looks like Synder has an ally in his defence of the name. Ok, it's not probably the best person to have fighting your corner but it's still an ally.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/04/rob-ford-defends-redskins-name-what-are-we-going-to-call-the-cleveland-indians-the-cleveland-aboriginals/?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

So all in for pick 33, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Was expecting a loss, but 31 pts down and we're barely starting the 2nd?
    Is that over 100yds lost on 3 punt returns?

150 lost on punt returns in 20 minutes of play :/

• Advertisement

Sacked on the first play of the drive :/

Today's a new low I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Wow this is a new low

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Wow this is a new low

No chance of the Shannys back next season after this. He's obviously lost the team and they don't care about playing for him anymore.

Agreed, it's over.

• Advertisement

Nice tweet from Steve Czaban from ESPN 980 in Washington

"It's like playing Madden against your Mom"

By the way, Andy Reid will be 4-0 against the NL East this season. I bet Eagles fans would have loved a record like that the past couple of years.

Whats the biggest loss in nfl history

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

By the way, Andy Reid will be 4-0 against the NL East this season. I bet Eagles fans would have loved a record like that the past couple of years.

Well if the chiefs were playing the nationals it would explain why it is so one sided alright.:D

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well if the chiefs were playing the nationals I would explain why it is so one sided alright.:D

D'oh.

As you can see, the Redskins getting hammered has melted my brain!

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Whats the biggest loss in nfl history

Come on be positive, we're on the board now!

The question you should be asking is 'what's the greatest comeback of all time?'

(ok, I admit it. I'm delirious!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

You have got to be kidding me...

288 yards for the Chiefs on returns in the first half. That must be some sort of record.

288 yards for the Chiefs on returns in the first half. That must be some sort of record.

Ive never heard anything like that before, is it the weather conditions or what(grasping at straws)

So, on to next season.
    Will having all that extra money help us enough to win a few? Assuming rg3 and shanahan are still around, he needs better protection

• Advertisement

Thank God that's over.

subway wrote: »
    So, on to next season.
    Will having all that extra money help us enough to win a few? Assuming rg3 and shanahan are still around, he needs better protection

The Shannys won't be around. No 1st round pick (and it's going to be a 1-3 pick) is a blow. The extra $18m will help but there are so many holes to fill, I don't know is it enough.

A new coach might be able to get more out of what's there though.

subway wrote: »
    So, on to next season.

The 2 shanahans need to go anyway i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

So Cousins starts. Surprised he didn't go with Rex.

Masked Man wrote: »
    So Cousins starts. Surprised he didn't go with Rex.

Now that would have been funny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

rg3 and the father and son should all be thrown out...........................rg3 was a disastrous pick

rg3 and the father and son should all be thrown out...........................rg3 was a disastrous pick

I totally disagree. Is he having a bad year? Yes, an appalling one but he showed enough last season to believe he can compete in the NFL and hopefully with a full off season (and a semi-decent OL) he can get back to playing better next season.

He does need to shut hit mouth, get off twitter and tell his Dad to do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Shanahan is angling to get out - he wants to pitch for the Houston job. But Shanahan won't resign - he'll make Snyder fire him and pay him next year's salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I'm not sure RG3 was hurt all season. He hardly wouldve made it through 13 games. He was highly underprepared though, and never really recovered. Hes been benched, I'm sure of that. Mainly to put Cousins in the shop window, partly to give RG3 a chance to rest and recover and get a headstart into the offseason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd fire the PR person of the redskins as whoever has been advising them on how to handle the whole RGIII return from injury made a complete cluster**** from the start.

Advertisement